MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 14 (2012-02-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It depends on your system bottleneck. It it is bottleneched by disk writes - yes.

2. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Still having this error on most system shutdowns/reboots. Only seems to affect my WinXP installation (I have dual boot machine with Win7).

Application popup: RTSS.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

Nothing I'm overly concerned about, just curious.

3. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Yep, my bottleneck is probably my disks, even running in RAID... the resto of the PC can handle well the recording I guess..

4. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Try changing the way the process is started at Windows Services Panel... or try to force it to be started using a local account, like NETWORK\localservice...

5. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    The error only occurs with Afterburner and RTSS running in the system tray when I shut down or reboot Windows. Thanks, but these are processes run as the current user, not services.

6. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Probably the app doesn't start .dll's needed but you won't notice... when you're going to shutdown or reboot the OS forces it to be closed and then popus the screen... Have something similar with EA's Origin... it's a guess... :nerd:

7. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Yeah it doesn't really affect the functionality of the program.

I seem to remember something related to this in the changelog recently. If it's not PEBKAC issue, maybe sort of a minor regression bug.

8. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    I've seen so many bugs in programs that I bellieve in anything these days... M$ launchs an update that ****ed up my SLI... the OS give me CODE43 after installing this security update... no idea why haha, but I think in this case the problem is with the OS or the instalation, registry permissions.... something like that but not AB.

9. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Definitely OS related. Don't see the problem on any of my Win7 machines. Only XP install affected, one each 32-bit and 64-bit.

10. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Try to restore the registry security permissions... there's a MS tool that do this, just forgot the name now...

11. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    I would rather the problem continue than fudge up the registry :p Besides, I don't believe registry permissions are corrupted on multiple installations.

12. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Well, I understand your logic. But I would give a shot... just do a system restore point...:banana:

Registry permissions many times are not rewriten when reinstaling some softwares... Indeed there's a bug with .net framework and Windows Installer... the last one drives me crazy... it just don't let me unninstal\install anything...:bang:

Well, good luck, and sorry for my bad english, I'm Brazilian, lol...

13. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks. If it's not a bug, or something Unwinder won't fix, it's going to remain broken.

14. robb

robb Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 970 STRIX
    Anyone having issues with Wargames European Escalation and this? Doesn't seem to let the game do anything but become a process regardless of the DirectX comp. modes set in the RTSS (which I doubt matters anyhow).

15. jester82

jester82 New Member

GPU:
    Hd 7970 cf
    Is there any chance we can see 1.4 volts in ab for the HD 7970? I'm asking cause I know sapphire is coming out with cards clocked at 1335 MHz on the core. Unless there getting only the best chips from amd, I guess the default core volts will be over 1.3.
    I can run my sapphire reference cards at 1335 @ 1.3v in benchmarks fine but as soon as I try to play battlefield 3 it freezes. I have my cards watercooled and temps are fine. If I had just a bit more volts I could probably game at 1335. Since my cards are in crossfire I can't have power saving stuff on. But don't they pull less volts cause of vdroop anyways? Also I thought they only use Max volts when fully stressed. Anyways I was figuring since I'm on water and the reference cards have top quality components on them, that maybe at 1.325 or 1.350 I could run at 1335 and leave it like that for 24/7 use? Cause with vdroop most volts would probably be in the 1.2 range I'm guessing.

16. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Increasing power limit does nothing in my case,
    I even undervolted GPU@1.15v and here is a graph:
    [​IMG]
    The first load Powerlimit 0 , second +20%, third -20%...They look the same to me, maybe +20 is worst.
    Anyway for benches i found a solution, with UnofficalOC set to 2 it's ok.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  17. Unwinder

Unreal, most likely you're doing the same mistake:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4251394&postcount=5

18. Unwinder

Unlikely, 1.3 is more than enough and even can be too high for 28nm GPUs. Probably MSI will release some extreme versions of Afterburner for extreme overclocking parties, but as usual such versions will be provided under NDA and will not hit the mass.

19. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    OMG...me noob.
    Never hit apply button... was wondering why after restart and loading profiles those settings(power limit) are always set to 0 :)
    Thanks, i'll try what's best for my card.
    Always pleasure to use your utilities, i'm using them since fist RT releases, thanks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  20. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok here is my issue im having with 14.

[​IMG]

Everytime i unlock UnofficialOverclockingEULA and unofficial overclocking mode and start msi afterburner up for some strange reason i cant overclock and my core and memory go to 0core0memory and when i try to add clocks and apply they go back to 0 though the program functions correctly when i disable EULA and overclocking mode. What is causing this ?