1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI Afterburner 1.4.0 Final (2009-11-12)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Garrett_Wu, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You know, each man should get a chance to understand something he is misunderstanding. I've got you the chance, you've successfully lost it. And what really makes a man an idiot is an unability to think and understand simple things. Try to think about it, if you can. Or ask your parents to explain it to you.

2. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Sure, because you were so helpful to start off with..?

You're giving this place a bad reputation!

3. Unwinder

I'm ready to kill my guru3d login if it is so. Not a problem at all. And man, you really need to put on the glasses. The very first reply to you says:

"And in your case, you also have to peek into readme to find out that there is NO voltage monitorinc capability on your display adaapter/VRM model. "

Your rest flaming is a direct consequence of your unability to read given answer.

4. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    You say you choose to be active in these forums and help people...

Like I said before, if you cant help people without being a prick then dont!

I've said what I wanted to, thanks!

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Hmm no not really. Keenan, do you have an MSI card ? AfterBurner is intended for MSI based products.

UW is receiving way too many questions from everyone with a NON MSI graphics card -- hence he's getting repetitive in his answers which can frustrate him at times resulting into not super diplomatic answers (granted).

Now if you can let me know that if you actually have an MSI product I'd be happy to forward you to the two gentlemen from MSI in these forums who should be able to answer all your questions.

BTW calling people a prick in these forums is not wise. You should know better than that.

6. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Sorry if my behavior is less than what is expected, I appologize for that. I believe Msi Afterburner is supportive of all graphics cards (reference design) board of the same chipsets, not just MSI...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

I do believe that I wasnt the one that sparked this whole event and if he could've just bared with me without being rude or condescending then this would'nt have escalated to where it is now.

I have rarely caused trouble in these forums and I dont see myself doing anything off the sort now. I am merely standing up to an upnoctious guy..

Sorry for any sillyness and inconvenience caused.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I already did ... it might work on a lot of adapters, but support is intended for owners of a MSI graphics cards, not for everybody in the entire world with a graphics card that luckily works somewhat with this tool.

Ok, moving on.

8. toyzruz

toyzruz Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx280@sli
    are my gtx 280 AMPs compatible with afterburner? Can I de/increase my voltages as well?

9. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Hi Keenan, I'm representative of MSI. Unlike Rivatuner, the development cost of MSI Afterburner totally comes from the sales profit of MSI graphics card, so we don't need to support non-MSI graphics card and we never say we officially support non-MSI cards. We're doing so because we really love graphics card industry and hope every user can get decent utility.

Unwinder is doing very good job at developing and supporting Afterburner, if you did a simple forum search before you ask, you will find out your question has been answer at least twice or more.

Please, let me know if you have further question of Afterburner (just PM me)!

And in your case, I tell why 5770 can't support voltage monitor while it supports voltage adjustment. Higher-end PWM/VRM chip support both function, like VT1165 on several ATI/NVIDIA hi-end reference card or UP6208 on MSI Lightning series. but lower-end PWM/VRM only support voltage adjustment, there is NO voltage monitor in chip function. it's weird, but it's truth, Unwinder found out this during development of Afterburner, and we confirmed this with PWM/VRM vendors. the only way to know whether the voltage is adjusted or not is using multimeter.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  10. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

As long as it is NVIDIA reference card with reference bios, then Afterburner will be compatible with it and support voltage adjustment. Why not download Afterburner, try it now and tell us? (We can't test every card in the market)

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Its very very much appreciated considering the only other option of a multitude of other utils to overvolt/monitor the 5x series cards.

:thumbup:

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you guys think this tool will work on two 5980's for both clocking and volt adding?

13. Unwinder

Should work, at least it did with engineering 5970 sample in MSI lab (I don't have a mass production sample here to verify it though). The only open issue for these cards now is malfunctioning fan control, but it is broken in Catalyst as CCC fan control doesn't function either. So Catalyst updates should solve it on 5970 cards.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    quad with soft mods is a pain sometimes thuo...
    wow no fan control that is a biggie for me.
    i can just pull a wire to get it at 100% for now.

15. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    unable to alter anything for HD4670 ...
    it works only in 'read only' mode (detects only serie 4600 instead of model properly)

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Unwinder, you put in resetting the fan to the current setting after overclocking beyond the ATI catalyst lock( where AMD GPU tool sticks it on auto ). Many many thanks for that, im no longer starting games on crap fan settings.

17. riska

riska Active Member

GPU:
    4XHD5770
    The HD4670 have not got a software regulated voltage chip thats wy

18. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 TI SC2
    Am I correct in assuming that because my MSI N295GTX-2D1792 are single PCB design and hence don't support voltage core adjustment/monitoring? I would have assumed that the fleet leader of the MSI nVidia range would have the ability to support this but the feature is greyed out in Afterburner.

19. theGryphon

theGryphon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB x 2
    The reference design of the single-PCB GTX 295 do not have the hardware that enables soft-tuning of voltages. Blame Nvidia, not MSI or any other partner that markets this reference design...

20. nicklesss

nicklesss Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 / EK-FC480
    Hi Unwinder,
    I've added a second NV9600GT card for physX and now voltage control for the first HD5850 disappeared. I saw for a similar problem, but with CF and third card for physX and fan control. Can I do something to resolve the problem?

I see, thank's for quick answer and patience!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009