MSI Afterburner 1.4.0 Final (2009-11-12)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

More compact verison of default MSI Afterburner skin is ready:

[​IMG]

Not sure if we'll leave original bigger skin or new one will replace it completely.

2. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Thanks for the explanation.

Also, would it be possible to 'hide' the whole monitoring GUI part of AB if one decide not to monitor anything at all?
    One of the reasons i'm using AB now is the ability to quickly switch between OC profiles that i have stored (not so much for the hardware monitoring as i already know how my GPU runs in terms of temperatures in various circumstances). Loading up only a higher OC profile when i know i'm going to play a game that would benefit more from higher OC. Or select a lower OC when playing a game that doesn't need so much to keep the temp down and thus also lower fan speed for less noise.
    Infact, would it be possible to add an application detection mechanism to trigger which OC profile to be used? That would even be better. Al tho the hotkeys solution atm is sufficient. But a set-n-forget would be nicer :)

3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Dunno that looks allot better

i like the fonts that you used for the numbers and text.

4. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    If I "Unlock Voltage Monitoring" is there meant to be an extra graph showing voltage..?

5. demetrius1976

demetrius1976 Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 260 amp2
    i think yes but to me is not showing???

[​IMG]

6. Unwinder

The answer is right on the previous page. That's small anti-noob protection, there is additional action required to activate the graph and it is aimed to leave behind those who don't think and don't read anything prior to enabling any option. And according to the thread the "protection" works fine :D And in your case, you also have to peek into readme to find out that there is NO voltage monitorinc capability on your display adaapter/VRM model.

7. Unwinder

If you're taking about v1.4.0 font, then there will be no way to leave it in compact skin, because first MSI skin designer made driver version/graphics card model area much lighter than before making that font hardly readable on it and second, the font is raster one and it looks ugly and undetailed when downsized to match compact skin size.

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I see but it will still be in the default skin ?

9. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    So the HD5770 is not capable of voltage monitoring..? You'd think it would be possible to monitor the voltage because it is adjustable. If I unlock voltage monitoring there is still no extra option to enable a graph under the monitoring tab.. :(

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  10. Unwinder

I'm sorry but RTFM. The answer is in the previous posting.

The following graphics cards and voltage regulator models are supported:

- Reference design AMD RADEON HD 5870 series
    with VT1165 voltage regulator (1)
    - Reference design AMD RADEON HD 5850 series
    - Reference design AMD RADEON HD 5770 series
    with L6788A voltage regulator (2)

- Reference design AMD RADEON HD 4870 X2 series
    - Reference design AMD RADEON HD 4890 series
    - Reference design AMD RADEON HD 4870 series
    - Reference design AMD RADEON HD 4870 series (cost down reference design)
    - Reference design AMD RADEON HD 4770 series
    - Custom design MSI R4770 Cyclone series
    with uP6204 voltage regulator (2)
    - Reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 series (dual PCB models only)
    - Reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 series
    - Reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 series (192sp 65nm models only)
    - Custom design MSI N275GTX Lightning series
    with uP6208 voltage regulator (3)
    - Custom design MSI N260GTX Lightning series
    with uP6208 voltage regulator (3)
    - Custom design MSI N220GT series
    with uP6262 voltage regulator (4)
    - Custom design MSI N240GT series
    with uP6262 voltage regulator (4)

(1) Note : 3D voltage control and target voltage monitoring support

Reference design PCB and reference VGA BIOS is required for proper voltage
    control on these graphics card series. Voltage control may work improperly
    if voltage control circuit on the PCB or voltage table in BIOS is modified
    by vendor or by user

(2) Note : 3D voltage control support

Reference design PCB and reference VGA BIOS is required for proper voltage
    control on these graphics card series. Voltage control may work improperly
    if voltage control circuit on the PCB or voltage table in BIOS is modified
    by vendor or by user

(3) Note : 2D / 3D voltage boost control and target voltage monitoring support

(4) Note : 2D / 3D voltage boost control support

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009

11. Unwinder

Probably no, I don't know yet. Initially I thought that MSI will designed a comapact skin with some different appearance, but considering that the designer just downsized work area a bit and old and new compact skins look almost identical (just size and fonts are different), I don't see that much sense in keeping both versions in distributive. Anyway, even if we won't include the previous version - nothing prevents you from copying that skin somewhere at your HDD now and simpy putting it into future version Afterburner's skins folder.

12. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper

I'm sorry, but RMFP. I can program the Voltage just fine, anything from 1.125 - 1.350V

All I'm asking is...

Monitoring is clearly something different then programming..? Or is it the same thing where you come from..?

Programming would be to adjust the voltage... check!
    Monitoring would be to have a graph showing current Voltage ... ???

If you cant awnser that without being a prick... dont!!

You see, here I am with a reference 5770 with a refference bios. I can adjust my voltage to 1.35V and it applies to the card, all I want is something like this...

I'll draw you a picture...

[​IMG]

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    There can be a graph for the voltage but it can not monitor in real-time i think.

14. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Ye I gathered that, It woud've just been much clearer if Unwinder could've said... "On the 5770 cards voltage adjustments are possible, but no voltage monitoring support"

Still, I cant get any graph to display on the right hand monitoring pane...

Too much too ask I guess...

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    like this?
    [​IMG]
    I think Unwinder is saying your card doesnt support it based on the voltage regulator or something

16. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Exactly like that, that is all I wanted, but from his reply I understand that it cant be done on the 5770..

Only voltage adjustments, no monitoring...

17. Unwinder

I quoted part of readme clearly telling that there is NO voltage monitoring for your hardware. What else is not clear? NO OUTPUT VOLTAGE MONITORING FOR L6788A VRM!!! Do I need bigger font to make you to read it?
    If you cannot get it without trying to throw personal insults - search for other forum and other tool. You're in my ignore list now, don't bother replying.

18. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    I'll reply to speak my mind. There has been several instances where you've addressed forums users in a rude and arrogant manner. Dont forget that you are meant to be here for support and to help people understand the software.

Personal Insults...? Not if it's the truth!

Sorry if this strikes you as a surprise, but you ignoring me poses no hardship as from the 3 replies to my initial question yours was the only unhelpful one. Taking into account that you're a moderator and an affiliate mainly to this software I would say that it's utterly pathetic..

Get off your high horse!

Thanks kylzer and lmimmfn for the insight.

19. Unwinder

First, I'm NOT mean to be here to support anyone, it is not software developer's job to provide online support to anyone. I'm doing everything in the forums per my own wish to help NORMAL users able to think and read. And it is deadly sad to periodically eat insults from users like you who cannot understand simple things and start throw words like "prick" in the response due to his own drastically limited knowledge and understanding level.
    Doing so you will just reduce my presense in Afterburner forum to minimum like it happend with RT and Precision. So make the thread cleaner please and get away. And I'll also make the forum cleaner from my side and since today completely ignore postings from anyone who DON'T purchase MSI hardware and don't report a REAL problem. Idiots like you ruin everything as usual, and my patience is over. Now you'll get support only if you pay for it. And not a single bit above it.

If you are unable to understand something, it doesn't mean that it is unhelpful, genius.

20. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    You replies to questions are always quotations from something else, why cant you just awnser something with an awnser..?

If you just told me that the 5770 dont have voltage monitoring capabilities it would've all been easier..

I looked through the "read me" file containing all the information about Afterburner, I just came here to get insight on the subject and if it was hardware of software limitations.

As for replying again, thank you, kind as it was it ultimately makes you an idiot for saying that you added me to your ignore list and didnt...

Maybe it's all just down to your bad understanding of the englisg language!

Who knows...

Anyway, great software... :)