MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No of course. Both scan and test mode of NVIDIA scanner are using embedded NV workload and propiertary NV algorithms. Why would it be Furmark or any other third party sw technology?

2. ParKur

ParKur Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Distribution is downloaded for you posted links to.

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Oops I got confused by "MSI overclocking scanner" window header and thought of Kombustor for some reason. Makes sense that nvidia uses their own solution. Thanks for the answers.

4. Unwinder

Sorry but I quit discussion and won't be commenting it further. I checked the installed before uploading and double checked it after the post. Correct version is inside, I have nothing to add to it. Search for error on your side, sorry.

5. Unwinder

OC scanner functionality and sw architecture are reflected in the release notes ;)

Vidik likes this.
  6. ParKur

ParKur Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The problem is on your side. I at installation put only RTSS, and with MSI AB I tick off.
    You are incompetent, have not checked the distribution

7. Unwinder

Go back to overclockers.ru please and use such tone there. One more such post and some incompetent user leaves this place.

toyo likes this.
  8. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    It's really messed up that people get a nice software for FREE that basically doesn't even have any competition, and still come to abuse the developer.

gran172 likes this.
  9. ParKur

ParKur Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I told you about the problem that if the package to put only RTSS - will be put version 7.1.0. If you put everything completely then put the correct version 7.2.1 beta 4. But in this case you did not understand, and said that the problem is on my side - but it is not. And hard not to want to admit a mistake.

I just wanted to understand the problem, why when I install one RTSS is the old version. Since the latest version of RTSS was not posted separately. And in this problem I understood and told author, but he said that the problem on my side - but this is not so.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Have you checked the file version of RTSSetup.exe that gets extracted to the C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Redist folder so it is 7.1.0 ? And if it is have you tried deleting it and running the 4.6.0b10 installer again so it's not failing to replace some existing installer of RTSS due to a file permissions issue with Windows?

EDIT: Other than that the only thing left would be maybe flushing the DNS cache although it's a unique download URL so it should be alright server-side and if other users are getting 4.6.0b10 and RTSS 7.2.1b4 then it should be fine and it's possibly a issue with it not replacing a existing file unless you completely uninstalled Afterburner + RTSS first and ensured the entire folder was deleted before installing this new version thus guaranteeing there's no remaining files or issues with conflicts or similar.

11. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Dude it doesn't take a rocket scientist to uninstall the version you have installed and install fresh from the new package. Use your head, Unwinder isn't tech support. There's no room in this thread for people who can't do basic troubleshooting by themselves.

toyo and gran172 like this.
  12. ParKur

ParKur Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I needed the last RTSS, separately from the distribution it is not put, only together-that's the problem.

Wasn't it so hard to post the latest version of RTSS separately?

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It appears that the MSI AB installer has failed to overwrite the existing RTSS installer in that location on your machine, the copy included can be extracted from the AB installer with 7z and it is the intended 7.2.1b4 version.

14. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    @ParKur This is exactly what I mean. Basics.

15. Unwinder

Do not feed the troll, he doesn't need any answers, and according to series of his angry (drunk?) posts in Russian forum yesterday I'm anyway just adding series of weird semi working fake features to new versions instead of improving application. Let it be so, don't waste your time. :)

Deleted member 255716 likes this.

16. Good morning @Unwinder I read the changes logs. I have a little pleasure to ask you :).
    I bought one Asus RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC that have three fans, can you add it on the next release for their control?
    Or the actual beta build is fine for my card?
    Thanks ;)

17. Unwinder

No. All fans on RTX series cards are controlled synchronically when you enable manual or software automatic fan control mode mode. Independent fan control is not planned.

18. Unwinder

Forgot to reflect the following things in the release notes:

- When OC scanner is running in test mode, VF curve editor is now refreshing dynamically. So you may keep it open and see how the curve is moving up or down during stress-testing according to temperature changes
    - OC scanner application is also DPI aware now
    - Extended memory overclocking range for NVIDIA GPUs having higher than +1000 memory clock adjustment limit in NVAPI (RTX series)
    - MSI 2080Ti Lightning BIOS subsystem ID is not final yet and it is using stock BIOS ID so currently other 2080Ti cards can be displayed as Lightning with this release. It will be corrected via the database later.

toyo likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Fair enough,
    For the other users though who might try to do the same thing as he did, I do see why he got into this situation.

the RTSS setup package is copied only when the MSI Afterburner install option is set, unselecting this means he was not updating the RTSS package in the MSI AB install folder, so the RTSS install option was running the RTSS package installed by 4.5.0.

@cookieboyeli

It would not have mattered if he uninstalled, it would have just changed from launching the installer to skipping straight to the install complete page.

20. Unwinder

Correct, MSI AB installation option is mandatory, everything including nested redistributives is extracted into target folder only if you tick it. Unchecking it will not install anything at all.
    Child redistributives (including RTSS, DX and VC++ runtimes) are also always extracted as a part of mandatory installation option to let user to reinstall (or manually install) it later anytime, even if RTSS installation option was not ticked.
    Probably the easiest solution to prevent users from doing things like that would be making mandatory installation component read only and not deselectable.