MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Vulkan

Vulkan Member

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    That`s really cool and thought through. :)

2. DaemonYS

DaemonYS New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Video recording does not work in Windows 10.
    After pressing hotkeys nothing happens.
    Ver 4.4.0, 4.4.1

3. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    anyone got an OSD and working screenshots in Spellforce 3 ?

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    Works like a charm:

did you check for false recognized active 3d Apps?

5. DaemonYS

DaemonYS New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I understood what the problem was. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Andy_K likes this.
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    @Unwinder AB bugs thread is closed since Oct for a couple of days =)

Something worth looking into:

This is for AC Origins but there are reports that other games exhibit the same issue - RTSS somehow mess up their HDR output.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I'm afraid that any kind of dealing with end users here is closed and left entirely for MSI reps. Too much uncontrollable trolling from ban immune persons here, I'm done with it. I just post development news and comment things I find interesting, nothing else, sorry.

8. Unwinder

One more minor update, hope this one is the last one in 2017.This version is launched to provide TITAN V support per MSI request:

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/[Guru3D.com]-MSIAfterburnerSetup442.rar (includes RTSS 7.0.2)
    http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup702.rar

MSI Afterburner v4.4.2:

- Added core voltage control for reference design NVIDIA TITAN V series graphics cards
    - Fixed one polling period delay for values displayed in On-Screen Display graph labels
    - Fixed incorrect group names displayed for "Framerate Min", "Framerate Avg", "Framerate Max", "Framerate 1% Low" and "Framerate 0.1% Low" graphs in Logitech keyboard LCD in text mode
    - Improved detection of active 3D application, which is supplying data to "Framerate" and "Frametime" graphs, in cases when running multiple 3D applications simultaneously
    - RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.0.2

RivaTuner Statistics Server v7.0.2:

- New unified geometry batching implementation for all supported 3D APIs provides more efficient On-Screen Display rendering and more easily extendable renderer architecture
    - Due to new unified geometry batching implementation barchart graphs are now being rendered in a single pass with On-Screen Display text
    - Added new formatting tags for displaying embedded bars
    - Fixed multithreaded audio encoder uninitialization issue, which could cause temporary prerecord files not to be deleted when prerecording video to a file
    - Updated profiles list

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2017
  9. F1oyd

F1oyd New Member

GPU:
    guys, when it possible use AB with 13 gpu?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Never

11. Unwinder

Not earlier than miners learn to use forum search feature. No love for mining craziness from my side, sorry.

Vulkan, The1 and LocoDiceGR like this.
  12. Unwinder

I gave you the link directly in my reply. Start reading please.

13. Unwinder

All

I'm interested in feedback on unified OSD geometry batching implementation introduced in 7.0.2. That's not a new functionality, but that is future proof internal OSD renderer architecture change and it resulted in some internal OSD renderer codepaths revamp across all 3D APIs. So if you notice any reproducible differences in OSD rendering between 7.0.0(7.0.1) and 7.0.2 - please report it here. Please take a note that I'm not talking about general OSD usage questions, so if you just having any difficulties with setting up OSD and getting it working in some application - no need to reply please.

14. F1oyd

F1oyd New Member

GPU:
    ty bro

15. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Are RTSS libraries such as RTSSHooks/RTSSHooks64.dll and SaveMedia/SaveMedia64.dll portable across different RTSS versions?

For example, if BattlEye or EasyAntiCheat is blocking one of these files, you could replace the offending file, with a whitelisted one unpacked from a different RTSS installer.

16. Unwinder

Nope. And depending on the version and its internal changes, doing so will most likely result in a crash.

jiminycricket likes this.
  17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Vulkan and AlleyViper like this.
  18. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Master Guru

GPU:
    I noticed while playing with the new features, that the benchmarking values are now available in the AB monitoring tab, so there is also no need to use "Show own statistics" in RTSS. Cool, becaue now we can format those entries in AB, for example as I have done in the image below, we can move things around on screen, set transparencies, etc etc. Very flexible this way.

As you know, I like to do some fairly non-standard things so I tested it out and all seems to be behaving as it was before. Great job again, Unwinder.

[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/xmgEd

Also, I'm trying to not go full fanboy mode here but, this stuff, is really really excellent.:

Improved text formatting tags support:
    o
    Now text position tags can use negative coordinates to move a text to a new position specified in character units instead of zoomed pixel units
    o
    Improved text position tags handling for cases when the tag is used explicitly before the embedded object
    o
    Added new visualization style support for embedded graph objects. Now it is possible to embed barchart styled graphs

I'm yet to put it to use, but this will be a really big deal for people who want to make a layout that is not only functional but also beautiful. Much easier, to use p<-8,0> than to play 'count the pixels' with a dose of 'trial and error'. Also more flexible with different font scaling

19. Unwinder

Also, I've not explicitly documented one more new tag, which you can find useful for your custom layouts - solid color bar tag. Syntax is:

<B=width,height> where width and height can be also specified either in pixels (positive) or in symbols (negative)

It is filling desired rectangular area with current color, so combining it with color and position tags you can fill some parts of background with desired color if necessary. Or draw a flag with something like that:

<C=FFFFFF><B=-4,-1>\n<C=0000FF><B=-4,-1>\n<C=FF0000><B=-4,-1>\n

or simply draw horizontal splitter line with the following prolog or epilog text:

<B=-32,2>

CaptaPraelium, The1 and Vulkan like this.
  20. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Master Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]