MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, that's not intended. That's result of introducing dynamic tabulation and new text formatting tags. And it definitively shouldn't add that much spaces.
    I tweaked dynamic tabulation algorithm a bit, so check beta 2, it should address that:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta2.rar

Beta 2 also contain Unispace font distributive and automatically install it on RTSS installation. GUI glitch reported by Andy_K should be fixed now. Also I set default skin composition mode to layered with color key and light transparency to make it look more Metro-styled.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. Unwinder

Yes. New RTSS gives MSI AB new possibilities for OSD visual appearance customization so it will be updated shortly after releasing 7.0.0

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Yep that fixed it and it definitely looks more pleasant with that font, thanks.:thumbup:

[​IMG]

4. Unwinder

Excellent, thanks for reporting.

5. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hoho!

Which font is that? That looks really good.

6. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Unispace.
    It's in changes list for 7.0.0 and 4 posts above.

7. Unwinder

That is Unispace, which is installed by 7.0.0 and selected as default raster font now.

8. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    looks more beautiful with that font, thanks a lot .bro !!!

[​IMG]

9. Unwinder

It will be even more beautiful when MSI AB, HwInfo and AIDA start using new text formatting tags. Then it will be possible to make OSD look like that. I've informed both AIDA and HwInfo devs on new OSD customization possibilities, so I hope it won't take long to support that feature in those apps once official 7.0.0 is released.

10. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    The new OSD possibilities, will they be configurable by users in the MSI AB GUI, or in a single config file, or will they be stored in the app profiles?
    That way we could adjust the OSD per game. :banana:

In some games I just like to have actual time and fps in the OSD, in others more demanding games I would like to have some more information displayed.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it works with Quantum break

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah no issues so far with either DX11 or DX12, liking the new font too and some of the other improvements around the OSD, even tested some of the new settings a bit though there's little I can say on them since I just started with that but no problems thus far, spacing was the only thing I wondered about in 7.0.0b1 and that's solved now. :)

For UWP Gears4 was finished and uninstalled a little while back so only ReCore installed currently to test with but been busy with some other games clearing up the backlog a bit heh.
    (Vulkan seems OK too via Dolphin last I checked but I don't have that many Wii games so it doesn't see that much use.)

Win10 RS2 15048 since last week too (Or well that might have been 15042 initially and then 15046 ha ha.) but no real problems with Afterburner / RTSS, just start it up, let it fetch the new addresses or caches due to changes to the DirectX files and then it works just as always.
    (Which is nice since it should hit RTM late March for general release in mid-April.)

Well I'm just another standard user so nothing especially in-depth to report in terms of functionality, tinker a bit with the config file occasionally trying to learn or get some understanding on how this or that option works.

Glad the UWP system is supported now in case there's any future first-party titles that are unlikely to hit say Steam though I don't foresee the platform being able to compete with the established digital services anytime soon.
    (Vulkan too and I'm hoping some more games do start utilizing that API.)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Using 7b2. No issues so far. Don't have any UWP games. Looking forward to new AB.

14. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    ^^This +1

15. Unwinder

Application profiles are not defining which text is displayed by RTSS. It is job of client applications (MSI AB/AIDA etc) to format output and push it into RTSS. So it will be configurable on client (MSI AB in my case) side.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017

16. Unwinder

I'm not sure if any of you is using such ancient OS as Windows XP or Windows Vista, but I'm still trying to make RTSS backward compatible with any OS starting from Windows XP and ancient 3D APIs like DirectDraw and Direct3D7 and higher.
    Just noticed that RTSS became incompatible with Vista starting from v6.5.0 (crashed on startup). It will be fixed in the next beta.

17. Unwinder

I'm seeing no future in UWP technology and honestly hope that the platform will just die one day. UWP support implementation in RTSS and similar tools in reality is a collection of tricks and hacks aimed to bypass the sandbox limitations and use "holes" in current sandbox implementation. And considering that the key idea of UWP is the sandbox isolation from interprocess communication with native Win32 applications, new OS patches can easily ruin current UWP support implementation.
    The only reason why it got support in RTSS is that I had some free weeks of time and that I got constant requests on adding UWP support from one of my IT-reviewer friends. ;) Vulkan support was much more future proof development.

18. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    OT: We need reshade suppport for dx 12 more than this LOL.
    Rtss in For honor doesn't work btw, tried any possible combination.
    Works in newer game ghost recon Wildlands

19. Unwinder

It is not RTSS issue, use search for "For honor" and "EAC", it was discussed multiple times.

20. Unwinder

Beta 3 is online:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta3.rar

It should fix crash on startup under Vista with no platform update installed. There are no other changes.
    I think 7.0.0 beta is in rather stable state now so probably we'll announce this beta on the main Guru3D page after weekends to boost downloads a bit and collect a bit more feedback. And in meanwhile I'll proceed with implementation of new OSD customization possibilities from MSI AB side.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017