MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is not a framerate, you're pointing to videomemory usage graph values.

2. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
    I need that Vega update...like yesterday :)

'with this demo can simply copy ForzaMotorsportApex.exe.cfg to ForzaMotorsport7.exe.cfg in RTSS ProfileTemplates subfolder.'

Err...where's that then (ForzaMotorsportApex.exe.cfg)?

3. Unwinder

I'll focus on Vega support after releasing the beta with plugins.

4. Unwinder

In RTSS beta 7 installation folder, in .\ProfileTemplates subfolder

5. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Looking good.

With the added support for plugins the "Active Hardware Monitoring Graphs" section of the Monitoring tab is starting to get rather small and requires a lot of scrolling. Perhaps the ability to expand it or have it grouped into columns would help. I've always always wanted the ability to multi select items. An example would be if I want to enable the OSD for all 12 CPU cores I have to do it all at once, would be nice to be able to SHIFT or CTRL click them all and mass enable or rename, etc...

Rearranging the order of items in the list is also a bit of a pain as you have to drag/drop them one at a time and use the scrollwheel to try to get them where you want them.

Doing it the current way isn't a huge hassle but it would be a nice QoL feature to see implemented.

6. Unwinder

There is already some form of group select functionality in monitoring tab as documented in context help - you may hold <Shift> when enabling/disabling a graph in the list to enable/disable all of them and hold <Shift> while changing some graph option (e.g enable "Show in OSD") to apply it to all graphs at once. Probably it could be extended to some more sophisticated group select mode, for example use other keyboard shorcut to apply it to the same type graphs only (e.g. holding <Ctrl> and enabling "Show OSD" for CPU3 temperature graph would enable it for all CPUx temperature graphs only).

7. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Yeah, that's what I mean, I could have worded it better.

I have things that I want monitored in the graphs (and for logging) but don't want in my OSD so I have to go back and manually remove them when doing the Shift + Click thing as it adds the OSD flag to every enabled option.

8. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
  9. Unwinder

10. Unwinder

There will be <Ctrl> + click functionality working as I explained above.

11. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
  12. Unwinder

And now some sad news. MSI digital signature, which we used to locally sign RTSS betas here (and this way make it BattleEye and EAC friendly) just expired, which means that it can no longer be used to sign new RTSS beta builds. Renewed MSI signature is more secure and due to that is cannot be used to sign anything outside MSI HQ, so I cannot locally sign future RTSS betas with it too. Building any beta (which I release on daily basis sometimes during testing) inside MSI is not an option too. So newer beta versions will not work with EAC and BattleEye enabled games, but at least we'll be able to sign official RTSS releases inside MSI.
    We're still thinking how to improve the process, but be ready to the worst case (i.e. only official releases signed) too.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Downloading some single player games to test the new beta....ETA is next week?

14. Unwinder

Yep, hope so.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  15. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    Hi Unwinder, Would you mind to correct the following file in the french translation of MSI afterburner, there was a typo reported by one user:

\FR\Help\Info\
    LOCALIZATION_CREATOR_EMAIL

Proper text:

E-mail du créateur de la localisation
    Vous permet de contacter l'auteur de la localisation de l'interface utilisateur actuellement sélectionnée par e-mail. Veuillez contacter le créateur si vous voyez des erreurs de frappes. SVP n'utilisez pas cette adresse e-mail pour d'autres questions.

Astuce:
    - Vous pouvez désactiver les bulles d'interface dans la tabulation <interface d'utilisateur> dans les propriétés avancées.

16. Unwinder

Guys, a few posts above I mentioned sad code signing related problems caused by expired MSI code signing certificate. I'm happy to declare that we seem to have found a solution. While MSI are still actively trying to get it possible for me to use their renewed signature here, the final result and ETA are rather unpredictable. I wanted to cover our backs and avoid delaying new beta launch and making you wait because of it, so I decided to purchase my own alternate code signing certificate and use it in meanwhile. It was a tough weekend, but I'd really like to thank StartCom code signing certificate provider for their extremely fast service, the process of personal verification and issuing the certificate took just about 24 hours, normally it takes much much much much longer. So since the next beta I'll be signing RTSS with it my personal signature instead of MSI signature. Yes, it will take some time (weeks?) for EAC and BattleEye to adopt to and whitelist new signature, but once it is done - everything should be smooth with future RTSS betas.

Haldi, D2 Ultima, The1 and 8 others like this.
  17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Nice, well done!

18. Unwinder

New RTSS beta (7.0.0 beta 29) is available. It doesn't contain new features, it contains exactly the same binaries as the previous beta 28. The only reason why we release it as a new version is changed digital signature, it is now signed by my own code signing certificate instead of MSI's one, so new version is publicly released to let EAC, BattleEye and other anticheat developers to adopt to new signature usage and whitelist it. So OSD will be blocked in EAC and BattleEye protected games during some shot (hopefully) period of time while it is being whitelisted.
    Other minor differences comparing to the previous beta 28 are updated built-in application profiles list (more exclusions added and built-in OSD profile for Forza Motorsport 7).
    The same build of RTSS will be included in major MSI AB beta update, which is scheduled to be launched on the next week.

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta29.rar

Vidik, LocoDiceGR and dr_rus like this.
  19. Unwinder

Forwarded the link to new version to both EAC and BattleEye developers, so I hope that it won't take long to update it on their side. :) Stay tuned!

20. Unwinder

Look what I've got for you in upcoming version. Multiselect affected features are currently limited to show in OSD/LCD/tray options only, drag and drop cannot be extended to support multiselecting that fast and easy. So maybe in future, but definitively not in the nearest version.

MultiSelect.png

Haldi and Andy_K like this.