MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Dear New Members

This topic is not the place to ask these questions, please start a new topic. Don't be surprised if your post gets deleted including the one I'm typing now.

Unwinder, Andy_K, HARDRESET and 2 others like this.
  2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    If in doubt, reboot. Nothing Afterburner does is permanent. It's not like it's flashing to the firmware or anything. It just makes use of firmware runtime services to change behavior. All of that doesn't persist. In fact, simply unchecking that box would restore it, but again, "if in doubt, reboot."

3. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 3080
    I still have problems with Evga 3070 ti fans, but I can’t get used to the native evga utility

4. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 3080
    in fact, there are no problems with payment, there would be a desire, it’s a pity when useful people fall under distribution, but there are still no guilty ones, I’m using a paid project right now, also from Russian developers, I wish the developer to become independent with user support

Caesar likes this.

5. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    i agree....

6. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Is it normal that the auto updater doesn't show any new version (beta as well) for RTSS?
    I'm on 7.3.3 but I've seen there are a lot of new versions now, thanks.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I gave up on making betas visible to everyone, every single thread in news section related to new massively released beta attracts some random new 1-post user claiming that "everything is completely broken with new release and previous build worked much better" an ruining any useful discussion. Publicly released 4.6.5 beta 4 is not an exception. So I prefer to provide new builds here and make them visible only for those who do actively monitor this thread and READ every note I post about new releases here.

8. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Even if you would release only very stable versions and even with massiv improvements to previous versions, there will still be that one person reporting a broken feature…
    And, as se know people do not tell first „oh i dont know how to do this and that“… just
    1. course pc
    2. blame isp
    3. blame software
    4. make post here?

9. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    This is EVGA issue, On many software or i dont know not any single one from third party showing „three“ fans. always only two of them.

I only was using x1 to flash the firmware. After i enabled osd to try, i had such a strange ingame stutters and my 3080 ti ftw3 ultra was running like a build in gpu on a notebook :)
    only solution was to ddu all that crap and then with afterburner i never had any issue again.
    dont get me wrong - i think x1 has such a big potential but would need a huge code improvement. But still - i have and had evg gpu because for me they run best gpus out there or before they stopped to produce them :/

But de facto: this is not an AB issue. Either a „feature“ from Vendor and works as designed or maybe programming issue. If you know more about this - let me know :)

foetopsyRus likes this.
  10. Unwinder

It is a question of user base size, it is always a fraction of percent of total application installs coming back with some "nothing works, useless release" nonsense in new build thread. For builds massively released in news and put to main G3D downloads section we get roughly 5-10K downloads per day after release so it is rapidly getting installed on 100K PCs in a week or so. Builds released in this thread get much lower install count and normally they are installed by those who actively monitor development thread, those who read release notes and know what to expect from new build and those who is already familiar with application. Much less chances to see random users. I prefer to work for such smaller user base.

11. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Is there any specific reason RTSS (7.3.2 beta5) unable to hook to Ryujinx when Vulkan renderer in use?
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers has the entry for RTSS:
    C:\Programs\RTSS\Vulkan\RTSSVkLayer64.json

The RTSSVkLayer64.dll does not appears to be ever loaded.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You need to increment the version inside the json to " "api_version": "1.3.224",", or upgrade to 7.3.4, the latter is recommended.

13. Klemc

Klemc Master Guru

GPU:
    4070-ti ARGB - PNY
    I'm impatient to see the AB stable version available, thanks for all.

14. spidermind79

spidermind79 Active Member

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
    one thing: i'm playing hogwarts legacy with rtss 7.3.4 beta 5 and msi 4.6.5 beta 2, i put as always in all games rtss cap 141 ( my monitor is 144hz) , when i activate frame generation in-game became a stuttering mess, if i put 0 instead of 141 in rtss it became stuttering free, i just put 141 limit from nvidia control panel, seems rtss interfere with FG, this is a known issue with latest nvidia generation 4000 graphics card? latest beta of rtss fix this thing? Thanks.

P.S: tried the same in dying light 2 latest patch, same story, with rtss cap and FG on, stuttering, with limit nvidia panel 0 stuttering.

15. Unwinder

The same thread, the same user, the same story. I've asked you personally before to avoid using this thread for general troubleshooting questions. I'm trying to keep it clean for those who visit it to get news related to development. And instead of that it is being flooded by unrelated things over, over and over again.

upload_2023-2-9_17-23-0.png

RevengeFNF, SatsuiNoHado and kp1971 like this.

16. spidermind79

spidermind79 Active Member

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
    first, i gently asked because i noticed is a rtss bug, with nvidia control panel i've 0 problems, i search the thread to see if u or someone find this strange rtss bug, please be calm, i post sometimes, u quoted my post of 6 years ago, thanks for your patience man

17. Unwinder

First, there is dedicateed thread about it. Second, there are DOZENS of requests from my side PRAYING users like you to STOP spamming this thread with unrelated things on each page of this thread.
    But you just don't care and want to get your question answered "right here and right now" and prefer to post insulting "thanks for your patience man" instead of saying "I'm sorry". No need to reply and no need to come back to this thread and forum section please.

And finally, in addition to that you..... tried to report my post. Honestly, I have no polite words.

"he harass me without a valid reason, i only asked if was a rtss bug!!"

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    MDKpt, RevengeFNF, Kaminari and 3 others like this.
  18. Spartanz1080

Spartanz1080 New Member

GPU:
    I hope this is appropriate to post here. I am using RTSS 7.3.4 Beta 7 Build 27504 which I grabbed from this thread since I follow it.

I am using internal HAL to report my 13900k clocks in OSD I have noticed in games none of my clocks fluctuate and they just stay locked at a fixed mhz. If I am on the desktop looking at internal HAL overlay editor everything fluctuates normally. My cpu is set to dynamic so I know my clocks are fluctuating in games based on individual core load. Is this correct behavior? Thank you.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, see below.

20. Spartanz1080

Spartanz1080 New Member

GPU:
    crap I’m sorry I will go elsewhere.