MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  2. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    Hello

Found a bug or not, cant find the source using the latest version of AFB and the previous beta on a fresh windows 11 AF closes up random if its not in game, in game no problems what so ever also tried it on another PC with diferent CPU (AMD) and AMD gpu (6900X) and it does not happen

any guidelines ? where i can look to share if its a potencial bug

system

RTX4090
    Asus Z690 Maximus extreme
    6400 Tforce ddr5

cheers

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Cannot neither confirm not help with that. And one more time, PLEASE do not use this thread for general help requests unrelated to new functionality development.

4. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    @Unwinder my idea is if its a potencial bug for me to find out and pass the information, not personal troubleshoot

cheers

5. Unwinder

This thread NOT intended for that. On each page I ask new and new users to avoid using this thread for things unrelated to development.

kp1971 likes this.
  6. xarishark

xarishark New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI
    Hi I have 2 monitors that I play games on ( My 155HZ 1440p Dell monitor with Gsync and a LG C1 @120hz with gsync too) I currently use an app named monitor profile switcher for when I want to play on my TV or my main monitor. My question is if there a way to change with a hotkey the frame rate limit between 2 values! An even better Idea would be an option for a RELATIVE frame cap! Meaning that you set the frame cap as -3 instead for example at 141fps and whatever RTSS sees as the current main monitor frame cap it subtracts the value! What do you think @Unwinder ? Many people have multiple monitor setups that they use depending on the game and that would help many of us that use our TV for most games, but for FPSes like Apex Legends we prefer the desk monitor with the lower res and higher refresh rate. I would be super happy to even beta test the feature for you and report whatever you need!

7. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Yes, use the Hotkey Handler Plugin in RTSS to do this and please use another thread to ask how to do this if you don't know.

SanokKule likes this.
  8. Rachid Rahmoune

Rachid Rahmoune New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050 2GB
    Hey, if I may ask, on what build? Release preview and Beta still shows the same low CPU usage without using the specific bypass version of AB/Rivatuner.

9. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Can confirm your observations, Task Manager still doesn't correctly reflect completely occupied CPU threads by a process on either of its tabs. It has turned into a bad habit to still open this program at all, what's the point of staring at useless data...

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i was comparing on 2262x.10xx

11. Rachid Rahmoune

Rachid Rahmoune New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050 2GB
    Weird, I am on 22623.1028 and NVIDIA overlay/Xbox Game Bar still show the same low CPU usage since the release of 22H2.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    those use the overall % reporter without corrections (and demonstrate the same issue on the Task manager Processes (but not Details) tab.

The issue fixed was Aida64 and MSIAB per-core reporters were showing low usage on the per core overlays / CPU panel

Aida64 and MSIAB both measure within error margins of each other when the system is under load now.

Also this is not the place for discussing this, if you want to split these posts over to a topic in General Software @Unwinder

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/msi-ab-rtss-development-news-thread.412822/page-189#post-6073257

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  13. RevengeFNF

RevengeFNF New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti / 8GB
    @Unwinder i don't know if this is the right topic for this question, but if not, if you can kindly the right topic, so the next time i post it there.

Next Gen update of The Witcher 3 just landed and RTSS Overlay stopped showing on the game, even if i change the Application Detection Level to high. Im using the GOG version of the game.
    RTSS works with other games.

Is this something related to RTSS or is the game that is blocking it on purpose?

Regards

Jcelis and Mr_ALLroy like this.
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Did anybody have trouble with Witcher 3 Next-gen update?? RTSS osd doesn't work?? tested other games and they're fine with it

DX12 seems to be the problem, DX11 is fine

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  15. Unwinder

I've not tried Witcher 3 Next-gen update myself yet, but accoring to some posts due to some weird reason it seem to contain modded DirectX runtimes directly in distributive (d3d11on12.dll and dxgi.dll). If that's the case, that's most likely the reason. In this case enabling custom D3D support option may work, if it doesn't then you may be out of luck. I cannot promise for sure supporting OSD for modded DX environment.

16. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    MSI/RTSS working on DX12 Delete this file d3d11on12

Always Back up your fles
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\bin\x64_dx12
    w3.jpg

Netherwind, bigfutus and kx11 like this.
  17. Seath1337

Seath1337 Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080 16GB
    Can confirm that this works!

bobnewels likes this.
  18. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Nice, now i can check my puny FPS numbers while the GPU is melting :D

bobnewels likes this.
  19. Unwinder

Got Witcher 3 Next Gen installed and peeked into the problem source. Game indeed ships with local copy of DirectX runtime (d3d11on12.dll located in .\bin\x64_dx12.dll), which is different from system one and which breaks all overlays dependent on it (which includes RTSS, Steam overlay and other third party products) due to version mismatch. Two solutions are available:

The first solution in unified and can be used to fix compatibility with any overlay, which is currently broken in this game. As @bobnewels correctly mentioned before, you may simply rename/remove d3d11on12.dll located in .\bin\x64_dx12.dll. This way you will force the game to use system version of this library instead of their local one and it will fix Steam, RTSS overlay and many other affected products. I guess the game developers will do the same in the nearest patches and remove d3d11on12.dll from distributive too.

Second solution way is RTSS architecture specific. RTSS contains two optional OSD renderers for D3D12 applications: D3D11on12 (used by default) and native D3D12 based. You may simply create a profile for Witcher 3 Next Gen and make RTSS using native D3D12 OSD rendered for it instead. So it won't depend on D3D11on12 and won't be affected by Witcher's d3d11on12.dll versions conflict. To do it add the following profile template for it:

witcher3.exe.cfg

Code:
    [RendererDirect3D12]
    D3D11on12                = 0

chevy350`, CfYz, bigfutus and 18 others like this.
  20. velocity7

velocity7 New Member

GPU:
    N/A
    <deleted>

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022