MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Un-procreating-believable we are in this situation. Please stay safe.

2. RevengeFNF

RevengeFNF New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti / 8GB
    Afterburner + RTSS is invaluable to me, and i use it a lot to get info from my hardware, to cap the framerate, etc etc.

I hope you will be able to continue the development soon. Stay safe.

SanokKule likes this.
  3. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I think your 7950X could handle HWInfo64 but that is just my opinion :)

I been using a combo RTSS overlay and HWInfo64.I do not notice any difference.
    zm5.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  4. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Stay safe Alexey! Not for the sake of AB/RTTS development (dear God...) but for your humanity.

All the best.

apophis and toyo like this.

5. tlf55

tlf55 Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX
    Hi guys, since 2-3 week i just found out that "use firmware control mode" for Fan control isn't working anymore .. Is this normal behavior ? I'm on Windows 22h2, nvidia geforce RTX 3080 FE.. I don't have MSI Dragon center or AMZ Ryzen Master installed (i know it can intefere)

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Just checked firmware fan control mode, still works fine on 22h2 and 3090ti. And for the very last time for new users coming here: please have at least a bit of respect and try to read the previous posts in this thread BEFORE submitting new question here. It is not HELP ME thread, please do not use it for general questions. It is intended to share news related to development ONLY. No need to continue in this thread PLEASE.

SanokKule likes this.
  7. tlf55

tlf55 Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX
    Oh sorry, I've read a lot of previous post but yeah it was my actual first post, as you can see i'm a member since feb 2021 (even my GPU isn't updated yet) I read a lot of things but never felt the need to post something as i usually find what i'm searching by reading previous post or searching through the forum.

Sorry again, I'll troubleshoot and find what's going on then. Thanks and have a nice day y'all :)

8. Unwinder

We posted 4.6.5 beta 2 on the main news page, MSI requested to host it there as a target version for 4090 reviewers. It is exactly the same build we publihed in this thread about a month ago, so if you already grabbed it in September, no need to redownload it.

BlindBison, The1 and toyo like this.
  9. 7empe

7empe New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 3090 OC
    Hi, I've found a bug in MSI AB 4.6.5 beta 2 (maybe also in previous versions). If you put something like "x/100 0" (space between zeros) in Monitoring->Correction Formula, MSI AB will crash. Cheers!

toyo likes this.
  10. Unwinder

Confirmed, I'll fix it in future versions (no ETA).

SanokKule and toyo like this.

11. Unwinder

In this post I mentioned that according to MSI internal testing 4090 series cards works with existing MSI AB builds as is. I've got the card installed here and can confirm it as well. No major software update is required, new GPUs are backward compatible with 30x0 series from NVAPI side. So you can use it with any MSI AB build which supports Ampere. The same apply to other applications which support Ampere - they'll work on 40x0 as is too. The only difference is that voltage control slider is locked for unknowd cards in MSI AB, so in MSI AB 4.6.5 Beta 2 we added 4090/4080 IDs to hardware database to unlock access to it. If you don't use overvoltage slider - you may stay even on older build with your new 4090 (if you are crazy enough to pay such a huge price for it of course (IMHO)).

SanokKule, MDKpt, toyo and 1 other person like this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Origin subexecutable "EALink.exe" (login bridge between steam and origin/ea app) has RTSS overlay applied.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    "Custom Direct3D support" needs to be set to on to avoid RTSS inject causing intermittent frame time spikes in Overwatch 2 (still Overwatch.exe):
    [​IMG]

gran172, toyo and Coonce like this.
  14. 7.3.4 Beta 5: RTSS Settings -> Compatibility properties -> Enable 64-bit applications support service

The help text when hovering over that setting has a minor typo with "curretnly".

BlindBison, Unwinder and toyo like this.
  15. Unwinder

Some person from Blizzard decided to bring politics into IT world and gaming, free OW 2 is locked for untermensches located in Belarus and Russia, the only exception are those who played the first Overwatch before. I accept that, that's their game and their rules. But being one of those untermensches, I don't think that I'll ever work to provide compatibility with anything released by that company. Blizzard are dead for me, sorry.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Isn't this because of the sanctions? I'm sure Activision would love to take your money otherwise :p

17. Unwinder

Unability to purchase paid software products due to sanctions and resulting banking related issues is understandable. But regional locks implemented inside free to play game is software vendor's own innitiative and nationalistic stupidity.

18. Unwinder

I have not tested it myself yet, but it looks like context switching related performance penalty in Teardown has been fixed in 522.25 driver:

Fixed Issues in Version 522.25 WHQL
    • [Teardown] Resolves lower performance observed when MSI Afterburner overlay is used [3653400]

toyo and SanokKule like this.
  19. Unwinder

Just installed 522.25 on my primary development rig with Win 11 22H2 and NV 4090 and I'm glad to confirm that it is indeed fixed by NV. Performance in Teardown with and without overlay is equal now on NV:

upload_2022-10-12_17-10-19.png

toyo, SanokKule and SalamatiQus like this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Afterburner users are also experiencing the power target = 30% issue lately following driver updates,

nvidia should add a "Please close these applications before continuing" screen into the setup imo.