MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ghasem2000

ghasem2000 New Member

GPU:
    gtx1050
    scanline sync x/2 give me a perfect 30 fps and less input delay but how we get rid of tearline?? tear line comes from top to bottom and its repeating.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You've enabbled hybrid mode and specified framerate limit less than your actual refreshr rate. Read this post carefully and please no need to continue discussion in this thread. It is not intended for "help me to configure it" questions. Also there is zero need to create new account if you already post here from different one, it won't be tolerated.

ghasem2000 likes this.
  3. ghasem2000

ghasem2000 New Member

GPU:
    gtx1050
    no actuly im not that user .but im reading the post of that user.

4. GPSVR

GPSVR New Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3070 TI
    Hi, first post here
    I'm using MSI Afterburner and RTSS since long ago. For the first time, I have a problem. When I enable Auto HDR in Windows 11, I have whole MSI afterburner overlay that keeps flickering in some games. I've encountered this problem in various games: Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Far Cry 4 and Dirt Rally 2.0. I have changed GPU from a GTX 1080 TI to a RTX 3070 TI and it still happens. Is this problem reproducible?

5. Unwinder

I don’t own HDR hardware and don’t target RTSS on it, sorry. You have to live with that.

6. Unwinder

I've compiled MSI AB 4.6.4 release candidate. Most likely it will become official 4.6.4 a few days later.
    No major changes inside, mostly just a cosmetic pre-release stuff:

- Beta mark removed
    - Minor changes in locatization and context help
    - Small GUI fix in Win11 Light edition skin
    - Slightly optimized monitoring profiles switching performance
    - RTSS has been upgraded to 7.3.3 (the same build which was recently posted here with a fix for EGS overlay issue)

Grab it here:

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/[Guru3D.com]-MSIAfterburnerSetup464Build16252.rar

dexterav, Endymion, ParKur and 8 others like this.
  7. Unwinder

Final build of 4.6.4 will have a different build number, 16253. There are no changes in application itself, just the database got updated with new DeviceIDs for some future NVIDIA GPUs.

Endymion, Aserback and caleb59 like this.
  8. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Would be nice if you bring 12 Gen support sometime in the future .. ;~; like, core clock on RTSS

9. Unwinder

10. kaingr

kaingr Member Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    As a long time lurker on the forums i would like to say a huge thank you for your work Unwinder, greetings from greece

Unwinder and eGGroLLiO like this.

11. mini-z1994

mini-z1994 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Hello, new here i can't seem too find the setting too turn off sync stuff appearing in the overlay after updating too the newest msi afterburner & rivatuner server statistics.
    Using msi afterburner v3 skin atm, been using this program since i had my HD 3650 back in 2008 or so.

https://puu.sh/ItiK5/aaeb6e5ab9.jpg
    I don't want anything listed below mem1 on this screenshot & i don't know where it is i turn it off atm.

12. Unwinder

Set SyncInfo to 0 in RTSS global profile template. Looks like I left it enabled in final build, it is not supposed to be visible by default. We'll recompile RTSS 7.3.3 and MSI AB 4.6.4 installers shortly to make it disabled by default and make updated installers available for download. Build version will be incremented for both RTSS and MSI AB to reflect that.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    caleb59 and mini-z1994 like this.
  13. Unwinder

Scanline sync support for DSR and non-native resolutions will be added in the next beta.

dr_rus, The1, Andy_K and 1 other person like this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    A bit of feedback from the DX discord

15. Unwinder

Confirmed, I'll fix resource transition in the next beta.

16. RevengeFNF

RevengeFNF New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti / 8GB
    Hey, im new here.

I have read this thread and also other sites, about the new Front/Back Edge Sync.

From what i have understand, Input Latency when using Front Edge Sync will not be as good as async, but the framepace will be better with less stutters.

Im currently playing Final Fantasy Vii Remake, and i changed the limiter to Front Edge Sync, but i actually got more stutters, so i changed back to async. In this an issue with this game, or is async actually the best option for most games?

17. Unwinder

That's not a true statement. Front edge sync is not giving you either better framepacing or less stutters. It is only "better" if you use it to compare "efficiency" of framepacing with CapFrameX (which is plain wrong). Presentation timings is not the only factor affecting smoothess and lack of stuttering, and not the primary one.

RevengeFNF likes this.
  18. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    Hi Unwinder (and Happy New Year! btw) I was trying to set paladins to use scanline sync x2 (run 120fps at 60hz) but it didn't work I had to manually add syncperiods=1 and set synctimeout=8333 after doing this the game started showing me the 2 scanlines and running at 120fps but rtss shows scanline sync x/2. Could that option get broken in some of the latest updates? I'm using RTSS 7.3.3 latest beta from the forums.

19. Unwinder

Hi and Happy New Year!

No, there were no changes in this option for a long period of time, it is not broken and works as intended. x2 and x/2 modes are intended for classic scanline sync mode only (i.e. when framerate limtier is set to 0), where scanline synchronization is performed on each frame. For hybrid mode it makes no sense, scanline positioning is performed just once then tearline position is steered by framerate limiter's timings. So proper way to acheive x2 or x/2 functionality for hybrid mode is simply specifying framerate limit as double or half of your refresh rate.

terry_bogard_sv likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just want to confirm that MSIAB works fine with 511.23, any user coming here to report otherwise needs to root cause the problem on their end.

@Unwinder

In games with a steam or reshade overlay enabled, RTSS doesn't establish hooking until the delay period has passed and a user has clicked anywhere on the games window, this was intentional yeah?

Just making sure its absolutely intended because i just reproduced the onclick behavior with pcsx2 where reshade dxgi is present or when loaded with steam for a user that submitted an issue to that project.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    dexterav likes this.