MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

> If it's not too much trouble to ask, would you mind looking at Halo Infinite again now that the public beta is available to everyone?

No, sorry. It is a waste of time and not RTSS related.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you have to restart the game or remove/readd frame limit value for passive wait changes to take affect.

3. Unwinder

Finished investigation, Epic Games Store overlay is the reason. Due to some odd reason even steam version Hot Wheels Unleashed is compiled with EGS overlay support, so EGL (if it is installed) always try to hook the game and render invisible overlay on top of it. EGS overlay is rendered in a separate swapchain at the same framerate as the game, so cumulative framerate for both game and EGS overlay is monitored. Two ways to bypass it:

- Disable EGS overlay. Epic Games Launcher doesn't contain GUI options for disabling overly hooking, but you can find manual EGS overlay kill way in Google (requires renaming binary EGS overlay components)
    - Create RTSS profile for this game and disable injection delay for it. This way EGS overlay will disable itself too

4. Unwinder

Not a question of passive/active wait, not a question of limiter in general. External limiters are intended to cut render thread throughtput and do not do anything besides that. They cannot and will not change game input sampling way, if it is decoupled from render thread.

5. Unwinder

As I promised, MSI Afterburner 4.6.4 Beta 5 Build 16231 ia available. Changes list is the same as I announced a few posts above:

· Added new MSI Windows 11 themed skins (Light and Dark editions) by Drerex design
    · Added experimental support for Intel 12th generation CPUs
    · Fixed issue which could prevent MSI Afterburner from opening from tray via main application icon after accessing properties via clicking monitoring tray icon
    · Application tray icon is DPI aware now:
    o OS level tray icons scaling is disabled now to prevent tray icon text distortion. Power users may revert back to the previous DPI unaware tray icon rendering mode via configuration file if necessary
    o Added new bigger tray icon fonts for >=150% and >=200% DPI scaling ratios. Power users may also select tray icon font independently of selected DPI scaling ratio via configuration file if necessary
    · Application installer is DPI aware now
    · RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.3.2 final

Grab it here. And traditional note for third party webmasters: please keep it in mind that it is internal preview build for our forum visitors, it is not intended to get in news and to be distributed widely. We'lll launch it in news as soon as it is ready for prime time.

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/[Guru3D.com]-MSIAfterburnerSetup464Beta5Build16231.rar

6. ChrisG683

ChrisG683 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3090
    Aww so Halo Infinite frame pacing will never be supported by RTSS? That's a bummer, oh well at least the in-game limiter works reasonably well.

7. Unwinder

It is NOT a question of framepacing and there is NOTHING to be "supported" by RTSS. Please read post above and no need to continue this discussion in this thread.

8. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thank you for adding this.
    Some quick feedback,running since released and working fine on 12900K.
    12900k.jpg

Unwinder likes this.
  9. Unwinder

I think I see a pattern, which can be used to detect and filter extra frame presentations coming from active EGS overlay without risking to break anything else. I'll compile the first beta of 7.3.3 with it shortly.

SatsuiNoHado, gedo and toyo like this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    oh, ProfileTemplate addition

SteamTarget.exe : Hooking disabled.

this overlay gets seen as a 3d app and you wind up with the overlay on both the game being streamed and the steamtarget overlay

11. Unwinder

Ok, this will get into future build. First build of 7.3.3, mentioned in my previous post, it already compiled and sent to Hilbert.

SatsuiNoHado and toyo like this.
  12. Unwinder

The first beta of RTSS 7.3.3 Build 26000 is available for download. Changes list is pretty minor, it contains workaround for EGS overlay issue in Hot Wheels Unleashed (posssibly some other games with EGS overlay?), which was reported above:

· Added compatibility profile switch allowing ignoring nested IDXGISwapChain1:: Present1 -> IDXGISwapChain:: Present hook calls. This feature is intended to bypass issues with Epic Games Social Overlay, which is adding extra presentation call to application’s rendering flow and causing wrong cumulative framerate to be monitored
    · Added debug/compatibility profile switch allowing disabling IDXGISwapChain1:: Present1 hooking
    · Improved protection for pending hook library copy operations. Now RivaTuner Statistics Server is not allowed to be started without rebooting the system if installer schedule pending 64-bit hook library copy operation on the next reboot
    · Updated profiles list

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup733Build26000.rar

SatsuiNoHado, Andy_K, Eripsa and 6 others like this.
  13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Anyone here got Sword and Fairy 7? in DX12 mode (ray tracing enabled = dx12) RTSS overlay doesn't work after game update 1.1.0, using RTSS beta above and the one before it

14. Bemx2k

Bemx2k New Member

GPU:
    waiting for change
    Any chance for Memory Voltage undervolting ?

15. Unwinder

Downloaded a demo, tried to enable DX12 blindly in it during a few minutes, then tried different online guides to enable it manually with no luck. Chinese only GUI in game = no respect for others from game devs side. Deinstalled that crap.

kx11 and SatsuiNoHado like this.

16. Unwinder

Had to pay for full version of game to get it in readable English instead of Chinese-only demo and enable DX12/RTX mode. Overlay works fine here:

upload_2021-11-24_15-40-1.png

Guess it is one more unnecessary purchase that I'll never launch again :(

SatsuiNoHado likes this.
  17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    The demo is not updated to the game current version, it's still not working i don't know if Reshade got something to do with it, Reshade on the other hand works only with dx12 api since i pushed it to that .exe

EDIT: it was reshade after all :p

[​IMG]

Unwinder likes this.
  18. Unwinder

Hehe. Evil you :)

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Sorry bout that, this game is actually good if u like Final Fantasy type games :p

20. Unwinder

Nope, that's not my gameplay. I'm not a fan of Chinese/Japan art/RPG (read it as hater). Tarkov is my everything :D

kx11 likes this.