MSI 980TI gaming

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kevin, Jul 26, 2015.

1. kevin

kevin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI gaming 6G
    Hi , I have the above mentioned card , and I run 3 monitors
    Main is a 34"dell Curved (display port)
    Second is a benq 20" on hdmi
    Third is a 18" acer using a dvi,
    my question is why does my 18 inch allways come one first then after a couple a seconds the Main and then the hdmi?
    also if I boot to the bios then it is only the dvi monitor that works which is annoying one because its not the main and second its place on the righthand side of my workspace,any thing I can do to get the main screen to boot first

2. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Same thing happens with me, I have an old Samsung 2233rz 3d vision monitor that uses DVI and a newer Acer Gsync Monitor that uses Displayport but no matter what the Samsung always ends up being the main monitor in Dos or the bios etc, I think it's just the way the Geforce cards work, they automatically use the first DVI connection as the main monitor, dunno if there's anything that can be done.

You should be able to move your screens around tho in the nivida control panel - set multiple displays, you can set the main windows monitor in there and drag your screens around until you're happy.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  3. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    With my surround experience i say that you are right about DVI, always ends up beeing the main one and in deed afterwards it a bit annoying (if not much) there's just the need to drag until you are set.

4. kevin

kevin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI gaming 6G
    It is a bit annoying i have moved them around in control
    Panel problem is that the bios page only comes on my 18"
    Which is physicly place over on the right hand side of my desk
    ( set up for instruments in a flight sim)