MSI 5870 unlock bios (core/mem = 1800/2600)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Oct 6, 2009.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    HaZe303 - You say you don't want to badmouth Unwinder but then proceed to do just that. You've said in most of your posts that you're using CCC Overdrive and/or Everest at the same time as AfterBurner. Don't do this. If you choose to ignore everyone's advice on the matter then it's no surprise you're going to run into problems, throwing insults around because of it isn't going to suddenly make it work.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

HaZe303

Geez, what make you so mad? Fair answer telling that there are no fixes coming for your issues? Is that what you call "attitude"? Compare it with your own attitude mixed with personal insults shown in your posting and try to feel the difference.
    And before recommending someone to grow up, please ensure that you're at higher level yourself and can do the things you're recommending to do to others. I'm pretty sure that if you'll try to create and support something public and daily deal to people telling you about you making the name, about your too big head and so on and so on when you're trying to GIVE them something or refuse to satisfy their "bugreports", you'll change your mind drastically. If you survive it during at least one year, I'll be really surprized and gladly take your lessons. And I'm also absolutely sure that you'll wish to peek into the mirror after that.
    And back to the subject of "voltage jumping", my patience is over. Voltage monitoring graph is just removed from default configuration in v1.4.0 so beginners misunderstanding the risk of mixing multiple VRM access tools and ignoring all warnings will not be able to make troubles to themselves. And experienced users understanding the risks will be able to unlock the graph if needed.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  3. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Unwinder.. I only use your program.. If you could tell others or myself how to unlock the graph it would be most appreciated. I'm mostly a hands on hardware guy so this info would be most useful to me... If I burn something or fry something I understand it's my fault as I have 2600.00 dollars going to rma right now :)

4. Kal-EL

Kal-EL New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8500GT/512
    Not to turn this thread into a praise thread for unwinder but without this guy you may as well crawl into a raft without a paddle and float down poo creek. Unwinder allows those of us without programming skills to play on the field of overclocking dreams.

As far as AB goes, I love it, its sleek, smooth and hiccup free compared to the issues I had with Smart Doctor.

Back to topic, this bios is gonna really help out alot, thanks guys. Looking forward to future support. Heck, where's the donation link again?

Unwinder, maybe two versions of Afterburner? "Pro" and "Nubpro", lol.

Garret_WU you RU! :nerd:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009

5. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    checking this out.

6. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    hey can this be used to change the 5850 to a 5870?

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    nice one, i always experience a minute or two of absolute dread every time i flash a gpu bios lol.

8. zalbard

zalbard Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4GB
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3372231
    Would anyone be so kind to unlock this new ATI BIOS with the DisplayPort fix?
    The unlocked version is giving me and a couple of people CRC errors and issues post flashing, so have to run a locked one (DP+Eyefinity issue is affecting me :( ... this fixes the problem).
    Thanks! :)

9. Mauss_nl_86

Mauss_nl_86 New Member

GPU:
    Ati Hd 5830 XFX 1gb
    Heyy guys im want to to flash my xfx reference 5830 to an unlocked msi 5870 dont tell me dont do it or about the risk , i know that , just wondering what u thinking besides the danger , should i unclock my 5830 first ( its running 890/1250 ) pm or mail would be nice 2 , thx in advance

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Welcome to Guru3D :).

1- You cannot flash any 5870 Bios to 5830 Bios ,No Disscusion about it , , It wont work and im 100% sure of that

2-Theres absolutly NOTHING to unlock on a 5830 , zero, nada.

3- Leave it as it is, or for sure you will have a nice looking 5830 Paper weight on your desk.

I do not know where you got this idea ,theres nothing to be UNLOCKED on any 5830. Up to you , i have given my best advise as an overclocker and VGA Mod hoobiest myself.

11. Mauss_nl_86

Mauss_nl_86 New Member

GPU:
    Ati Hd 5830 XFX 1gb
    thx for the welcome , but why ? i mean basically its the same card except for for diabled rops that didnt pass the test , further more , where can i find a normal 5830 bios to tweak with RBE ?

12. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    The disabling is done with laser cutting nowadays. It's not disabled in the bios. You can dump your own bios with GPU-Z and edit that one with RBE.

13. Mauss_nl_86

Mauss_nl_86 New Member

GPU:
    Ati Hd 5830 XFX 1gb
    ok thx m8 that was rly usefull , now im gonna flash my 5830 with and adjusted bios @ 1000/1300 (not so extreme but faster dan ccc can do right now) that should be possible on a 5830 right ?

14. cj3waker

cj3waker New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6970 DCU II
    I have an xfx 5870 that i want to flash, one question though. The msi bios is in a .910 format? can I just run atiflash with the .910 as though it were a .bin? ive never heard of a .910 file extension and im just a bit confused. thanks

15. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Second that .. Why People r hungry more and more ??