Mpc and sweetfx

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Witcher, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Witcher

Witcher Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel
    Can any one tell me, how to use sweetfx with mpc-hc?
    Also, is it possible to use sweetfx with pot player?

2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    U dont need to use sweetfx with mpc hc, actually.
    u can use teh shader codes from sweetfx (in a little edited way) with ur mpc hc allready. mpc has an shader editor also..

one sec. ill search the post for you...

found one, but there was more..
    heres a nice tutorial i just found :)
    anyway. i think CeeJay did mention something about mpc-hc and the shaders..i just cant find it atm.. im sorry..

got it:
    greetz BetA

edit:

also heres an total pack with shaders..from doom9 forums..

Video pixel shader pack

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    With the vibrance shader, I found 0.2 to be a much better strength (modifiable at the top), 0.3 was just a little too strong.

The Dither shader from Sweetfx would probably be a nice one with mpc as well, but nobody has modified that one to work with it yet.

semi-random grayscale noise shader is great from Jan-Willems shader pack (as linked by betA), but with a reduced strength. It's easy enough to edit, just open in notepad and I'm sure you'll find where to do it :).

I've been using shaders in MPC-HC for years, it does make for a great viewing experience! You should definitely use it with MadVR though (0.86.2 is the latest). There are one or two tweaks with that too (scale in liner light, JINC resizer etc), and of course use the absolute latest LAVF filters.

MadVR is in active development, LAVF filters get updated quite regularly, and MPC-HC is also. I use a 'nightly' build for MPC-HC and LAVf, and update probably one or twice a week.

4. Witcher

Witcher Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel
    Thank you BetA and thatguy91. Your posts really are helpful.