1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CrazY_Milojko, Oct 29, 2013.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3038659

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3038631

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1434300#c81

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.security.policy/FLHRT79e3XE/discussion

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:Symantec_Issues
    (There's a lot of them.)

So Firefox 59.0b13 came out yesterday, updated and since the beta notes are not very extensive ( https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/notes/ ) especially with what gets fixed, changed or removed between one beta build to the next I was checking the build threads on Mozillazine instead.

For this build or rather the 60.0 dailies I saw something mentioned in regards to certificates between Mozilla, Google and Symantec so back one thread and there was a post linking to Bugzilla with further information and a Google group discussion and from there a Mozilla wiki entry on these ongoing problems.

Looks like this could be a pretty big change revoking these certificates though for the release branch version of Firefox it's not going to happen just yet and it's a gradual process, found it interesting and it might be important so posting it here. :)
    (Though if things go well the average user wouldn't be aware of this aside from perhaps a notification or warning on websites using the affected certificates.)

Jackalito and insp1re2600 like this.
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    Getting firefox related popups (or pop-unders) in status bar area (as of FF58.02). How to disable this? I dont believe they are blockable from the popup options under privacy and security. Why do they do this crap?

Example:

[​IMG]

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Seems like a addon or cookie compromised the browser, unless Firefox is now running ads themselves but I don't think they do.
    A clean profile might help if it's something that got installed without consent and is hiding from regular view unless you go deep into the profile files or config settings.

EDIT: Snippets?
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1194711

EDIT: Ah those things.

alanm likes this.
  4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    Thanks, that was it.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    which rogue addon? or snipet? i had such thing to and disable snippet fixed it for me

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
    Nightly updated to 61 just now

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Add to uBlock custom filters to block those daft youtube box cards that cover the video before it finishes

##.ytp-ce-element

lucidus likes this.
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Your post reminded me that I haven't seen those damned things in a while :p Adguard's annoyance list in ublock itself has this too.

Extraordinary likes this.
  9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    just got that. Now my text size in drop down menus like file edit view etc is alot bigger, i Original thought it was cause I also update shadow fox but I revert that update and text in those menus are still much bigger

I then just removed shadowfox css files and text size went back to normal, so now I think it has to be shadowfox css files but the thing is the origianl verison of shadowfox that I put back didnt have that huge text, make me wonder if using the newest release added something else

*fix*
    Remove lines 459 to 489 from the userchrome css to fix the text issue it a bug that been around for while but only recent show up do to FF59, or can wait till it fixed in a comment

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX580 (8GB)
    Anyone else having issues loading webpages (sometimes incomplete, missing text, etc) since having updated to Firefox 59?

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Totally forgot about the 3rd party checkboxes in uBlock lol

13. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Mozilla Firefox and Safari Browsers Hacked at Pwn2Own 2018

Richard Zhu (fluorescence) was the one to start the fun with a Windows kernel Elevation of Privilege (EoP) exploit targeting Mozilla Firefox, breaching the browser on his first attempt.
    His exploit involved an out-of-bounds (OOB) write in the browser and an integer overflow in the Windows kernel, and breaching the browser brought him a $50,000 prize.

Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, and Mozilla Firefox have all been breached during this year’s Pwn2Own contest, so expect updates for these three browsers in order to fix the flaws shortly.

All vulnerabilities are privately disclosed to the parent companies, who then begin the development of patches for systems worldwide. No ETA is typically offered for these security updates, but in most of the cases, they are included in the next patch cycles for each company.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/mozi...-browsers-hacked-at-pwn2own-2018-520268.shtml

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
  15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Yes.

RzrTrek likes this.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Hi guys
    Been using 58, 59 now and like it a lot, very fast and responsive, but I noticed something with data usage (under win10 networking>data usage).
    I saw 30gb for the month, so I cleared it out and within few hrs of use it was well over a gig.
    I come from Palemoon and checked that and after about same time was only 100mb or so. Now they both have like 25+ tabs.
    I don't use a lot of extensions, FF has Adbolck+ and I have Grammarly while Palemoon has there own Adblock latitude.
    I just now added Ublockorigin and so far it's looking good, but need more testing time.

PS: I am on BB so bandwidth is not really a concern but still like to keep it efficient.
    Memory usage is not a problem either, think it was like 4gig.

Edit: found reason, PM vids were running lower quality, were FF were all 1080p.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp
    so FF can't play 4K HDR on youtube ?!!

19. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    Damn!! since saturday I have issues with Firefox :mad: then today I make install of FF 60.0b6 to see if issues disappear but NO what is more strange is only happen in forums that use Xenforo ;) therefore now I'm using Chrome (forced!!) and is funny NO issues :rolleyes:

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC