Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CrazY_Milojko, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Yeah, tried that in a remote session yesterday with no luck. It's worked fine for years, but just throws errors since about 5 days ago. We have tried Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE and they all end up at the same error when clicking the play button on any Netflix video.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if it happen in other browsers the problem must be something on the system

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I had that once fey days ago on FF 56.0.1 but no further lags, crash report dialogue or anything else. Dunno why but in the middle of some work I've opened Task Manager and saw Firefox is still running but I've closed it for sure some 10 minutes ago. Killed it and it never happened again.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea that's was it, must have been different on different systems, it happened every time for me, I started closing FF with task manager it was that bad lol

5. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Finally managed to move over to FF57 (b12), found some alternatives for my legacy must-have addons, that seem to work fine

Started fresh though, removed the 56 install and profile completely, wasn't too painful :D

6. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Youtube Plus seems to be hit and miss with FF57 atm, found a nice alternative

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/enhancer-for-youtube/

Tons of features to improve your user experience on YouTube™.Highly customisable and easy-to-use extension that allows you to:

✔ Control volume level and playback speed with the mouse wheel

✔ Remove ads from videos (automatically or on-demand)

✔ Whitelist channels to not automatically remove their ads

✔ Remove annotations (automatically or on-demand)

✔ Automatically play videos in 4K, HD, or any other preferred format

✔ Loop videos (in part or in whole)

✔ Use custom themes

✔ Use a larger video player

✔ Pin the video player

✔ Execute your own actions using JavaScript

✔ And more...

Jackalito and CrazY_Milojko like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh it do to be released in another week or 2 i think i wait, to see if there "hype" about it be 30% faster then chrome holds true or is just hot air. I would settle for just be same speed at this point. not fan of the UI change it looks even more like chrome hell even Edge looks like chrome to me.

8. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it's pretty fast, definitely competes with Chrome now, although I had FF56 running fast with multi-process forced in about:config, but this is a brand new FF install with no old profiles or addons, 100% new

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will redo my profiles when 57 hits, which isnt hard only thing sync saves is user/pass and addons, and redoing my white listed cookies is simple i just copy info from ccleaner back in to firefox white list, seeing seeing I dont actual use firefox history clean up to clean "cookies" cause way i have it setup if it not white listed it not saved anyway. and ccleaner clears all the other cookies that dont get cleaned

I have muli process enabled on 56 hell i had force enabled for year or 2 now, i never really saw difference on or off so i just left it on. maybe cause my profile is still saved on actual hdd? all cache goes in to memory though. it is separate from my ssd for reason, if for some reason something stupid happens to OS i can just reinstall OS and point clean install of firefox to profile on my hdd like nothing happen same for thunderbird. The day 1TB ssd becoming like 60$ i will replace my HDD. to me SSD are not worth it for anything but OS drive, not from price to capacity ratio. if you have money coming out your ass and and burn money at will for such price to capacity ratio more power too those people.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  10. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    SSD for OS, programs & games here (2 x 240GB SSD in RAID0) enough space for what I use it for
    2TB HDD for storage

I keep my FF profile in default location on SSD, use MozBackup to back it up before a format, and same to restore it

If you are not using any addons that are incompatible with MP then it might enable itself anyway forced or not, for me I had a few that killed MP without the about:config edit to force it, so when I did force enable it the performance increase was huge, no more page lag when scrolling up and down etc

It used to feel like the page was on elastic, scroll down, nothing, then after 1-2 seconds it would start scrolling but laggy feeling to it, and if I used MMB to scroll it would scroll really slowly even with the mouse at the bottom or top of the screen, and when I MMB clicked again to stop it it would just keep scrolling for probably another 7-8 seconds lol

After enabling MP that all stopped happening and it worked perfectly

11. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    FF57 final just came through

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  12. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Wait, wait, wait... where? Nothing here on my side either via autoupdate or on FTP. As far as I know FF 57 final is scheduled for November 14.

13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    and 58 beta released

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
  15. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hmm says I'm still on the beta channel but loading FF up this morning it updated itself and removed the Beta from the build number

[​IMG]

16. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Member Guru

GPU:
    All sorts
    My firefox came thru just before Extraordinary listed it. Same. 57.0 without beta being listed and on beta channel. Like this one, was using Chromium.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    anyone else have issue where google mail is failing to save and failing to send emails lately? I have ublock off for the site and still happening 56.0.2

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    damn that firefox 57 is fast. I still like chrome though. firefox scrolling just feels weird.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Firefox iOS got updated with their new photon styling. It also uses Focus' block lists so I guess I will use it now.

20. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Using Avast maybe?

New Avast fixed issues with Gmail:
    https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=210678.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.