1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CrazY_Milojko, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    didnt know one could drag that in FF and it would play but I knew it had support of playing those files

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Yea same lol, played many mp3s from sites through FF but never from my machine

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    maybe they should think about striping bloated feature no one uses from FF and it might increase its performance cause it been rather bad for years now compared to how it was originally. custom 64 bit complied for speed can only do so much,

I tried Edge it it rather fast, but like chrome it pain in the ass to get to clear cache data and cookies out side of doing in edge and doing it edge dont clear it all and it has no clean on exit function I can find either. so i wont use it like I wont use chrome.

IF i cant have that data complete cleared on EXIT (not on restart like chrome does) or if the browser own internal clearing dont clear it all data which EDGE dont do.

I refuse to use the browser. I see it as security issue bad malware could be sitting in that cache and do the damage before chrome is even restarted to do the actual clearing.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Flash and Firefox is match made in hell. I don't even have flash installed for Firefox. If I need to use site that uses Flash I use Edge instead.

Edit:
    I think that I'm going to give Vivaldi a try...

Not bad first release. Though... Edge is still hands down faster when it comes to loading pages. Scrolling is incredibly smooth on Edge too.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

5. hellbloodz

hellbloodz Member

GPU:
    amd
    this is not super useful but may come in handy some day thank you :)

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    You can use it as video player too (h264+aac in mp4 container, webm, vorbis).

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm interesting CF has been on 45.0.2 fore few weeks now,

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So I j ust noticed the Hitching that was happen when FF/CF starts up "noticable when open menu the moment you FF/CF starts you will see hitch in the animation" Hitch is gone the momeny self-destructing cookies is loaded and you see it icon.

I thought this was do to ABP, which why I switched to Ublock but isnt from either of them, It happen cause self-destructing cookies addon, cause moment I disable the addon I and Open FF/CF and see not hitchs on loading.

Anyone else noticed this behavior ? my Profiles is on HDD and not my my SSD?

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    That's probably your biggest problem.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I highly doubt that but to just prove a point, I made new profile put it on my SSD and this still happened.

though I guess I could put both my FF/CF and Thunderbird profiles on my SSD seeing I long since setup both to put all cache in to ram and not on the disk, so there would be no needless writes done. though before I do this is there way I can double check website cache is in memory and on on the disk?

According to the s.m.a.r.t sdd has 5 TB written 689 days up and my HDD has 1369 days up with 180gb written , which is lie cause 25 days ago it said 280gb written think the HDD might be failing last i checked it was at 80% life,
    the drive is altest 10 years old with about 8 hour a day up time since i got it it also might be why I think it has slowed down i barely able to get 80mb's out it these days.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    It's faster to put the cache and profile on SSD. I've written over 10,5 TB's to my Samsung 830 which is quite a lot considering that it's only 128 GB in size. It still works just as well as when it was new.

However, if it still happens I'd

• Start from scratch. Export bookmarks and passwords so that you can import them later.
    • Uninstall the whatever version of Firefox you have and clean all leftovers. Remove the profile folder completely too.
    • Use official 64-bit Firefox build.
    • Then start installing extension one by one to see what causes issues.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Did all that aready And like said its the SDC addon, maybe at some point I might put my profiles on my SSD but i not ready for that, and like said all my cache for both FF/CF/TB are all in memory. I still not sold on SSD life time realiablity

14. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 270X GTX970
    Official final Mozilla Firefox 46.0 is out now on Mozilla's FTP, not available via autoupdate yet: 32bit & 64bit

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    WTF, yesterday I downloaded FF46 and updated manually, just checked and I'm still on...

Ah.. mystery solved, I'd installed the 32bit version yesterday, forgot I'm running the 64bit one lol

Had two FF's installed :D

17. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    GTX760 270X GTX970
    Just a quick update about default Privacy Tracking Protection settings from now on...

Since Firefox 46.0 was released Privacy Tracking Protection (if you've used it before) by default is set just for Private Browsing i.e. Private Windows, you can check that via:

about:preferences#privacy
    ...or: Tools -> Options -> Privacy

...and below Tracking option only: Use Tracking Protection in Private Windows ...is available.

To enable/unlock Privacy Tracking Protection option both for normal browsing and for private browsing you should do next:

about:config -> privacy.trackingprotection.ui.enabled ...change from: false ...to: true

then go to: about:preferences#privacy ...and Privacy Tracking Protection should be "unlocked" both for normal & private browsing, choose: Always ...below Use Tracking Protection

18. Stealth83

Stealth83 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 ti SHX
    Thanks CRAZ

19. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    GTX760 270X GTX970
    Firefox 46.0.1 gets released, available via autoupdate & Mozilla's ftp:
    32bit
    64bit

Release notes:
    Fixed
    • Add-on signing certificate expiration (Bug 1267318)
    • Service worker update issue (Bug 1267733)
    • Build issue when jit is disabled (Bug 1266366)
    • Page loading issue related to antivirus software (Bug 1268922)
    • Search plugin issue for various locales (Bug 1246494)
    • Limit Sync registration updates (Bug 1262312)

20. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Updated, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.