Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CrazY_Milojko, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Have gotten sick of Adblock Plus. Aside from not being as effective as before, it causes some web pages to malfunction (ie, google playstore where search button and other links are unclickable). Now using Adblock Edge. Much better!

2. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 3080 12gb

And it can get even better
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock/

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    What set of filters are you using for ADB? Here is mine (no additional custom filters):
    [​IMG]

No problem on my side with ABP, using FF 38.0.5 Beta 3 (64bit), Search button on Google Playstore and everything else there is working fine on my side.

But on my Android tablet I`m using Abdlock Edge + Bluhell Firewall, had some issues with ADP, found Adblock Edge and never looked back...

Also like karakot just said uBlock is also very, very nice alternative to ABP, but maybe it`s better to use more updated Dev versions: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

5. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Member Guru

GPU:
    All sorts
  6. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone using Tabmix plus with Firefox 39 beta? The current tab doesn't get highlighted in any way with any skin unless TMP is disabled :-/

8. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I'm using FF Beta 64bit + TabMixPlus @ one rig at home, gonna try that and back here with report about hour and half from now, still at work...

edit
    Did you checked TabMixPlus settings: TabMixPlus Options -> Display -> Tab -> Highlight section ?

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, I did that and reset TMP to defaults as well. No luck.

10. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    By highlighted I meant being able to differentiate the tab in focus from the rest. If I disable TMP, everything works normally and the tab in focus is prominent as per the skin's rules. I use TMP to also make the focused tab have bold text in the tab bar so it's easier to read as well. If I have the add on enabled, it will be bold but all tabs will look like they're not in focus/unloaded. It becomes impossible to use. I've disabled the addon now but it's so indispensable lol. Anyone else have the same issue with FF39?

BTW anyway to get Mozilla's own reading list feature back from FF38's betas? I don't want to use Pocket ... it used to be much better in the past.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    that German x64 modder also made one, just chekced after I saw your post :nerd:
    http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/firefox/

Well I've been waiting for new release, was "stuck" at his last v38.0.0 for a while..

13. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Gonna check this later today when I get back from work on rig where I'm running FF 39.0 Beta 1 64bit, with and without TabMixPlus enabled + ColorfulTabs disabled cause he also has a lot of influence how tabs are looking.

Check this if you already haven't:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2015/05/14/how-to-disable-pocket-in-firefox/

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks .. please let me know how it goes for you. I tried with a new profile + TMP only and I had the same issue with the default skin.

I had already disabled pocket. This setting had to be enabled again,

browser.readinglist.enabled

BTW, gorhill's fork of Ublock is now on the mozilla amo .. here's the link. You shouldn't need to visit github now.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:

16. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Post screenshots with tabs area, with and without TMP so that I can compare it with mine.

Thanks for the heads up about this!

Thanks, I've updated first post with info about this.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Here you go ... with Australis and FXOpera skins ..

[​IMG]

I think you should remove mainline Ublock from the OP. Most of the development is on the Origin fork. Only Safari users may find it useful.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  18. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I`ve just tried FF 39.0 Beta 1 64bit + TabMixPlus + Australis/FXOpera: same result like yours. Also tried same as you + with or without ColorfulTabs: barely noticable difference with or without ColorfulTabs enabled/disabled , but still not good enough neither for you or me. Only turning off TMP solves the problem but in my case no way I`m gonna give up tab benefits TMP is offering me.

It`s definitlely some kind of conflict between TMP and Australis/FXOpera skins and guess it`s gonna be solved either with new TMP or new Australis/FXopera release, so far even latest Dev version of TMP 0.4.1.8pre.150317a1 doesn`t solves that (I`ve already tried that too):
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/versions/

On the other hand I`m using TabMixPlus + ColorfulTabs + Firefox & Windows skin and occasionally few other skins and no conflict between those skins and TMP, curently selected/active tab is focused as it should be.

Try this theme: Grey (FxOpera Theme) + TMP + ColorfulTabs and with small tweaks in TMP and CT you`re gonna get same tab/visual result like using FXOpera.

btw while I`m still here some other thing to mention that might help others:

In one of my previous posts I`ve said that on two of my rigs (other pile of rigs are OK) I`m having a problem with official stable FF 38.0.1 32bit that can`t be closed with red X button in right-up FF corner, only Firefox (meny) -> Exit or closing via Taskbar is working (and Task Manager of course, but it would be stupid to use it every time just to close FF). Didn`t even thought that FF closing issue is TMP related but it is, on TMP page they are mentioning this problem and it`s solved with latest dev TMP 0.4.1.8pre.150317a1. Too tired to try this atm, tbh I`m to lazy to turn on those rigs this late, gonna try tomorrow...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/?src=search

"...Firefox's close button [X] not working. by Zoftland on May 24, 2015 ·
    [Environment]
    Windows XP SP3
    Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.7 (latest from Mozilla addons)
    Firefox 38.0.1 (latest from Mozilla updates)

[Issue]
    Having enabled: "Use Firefox's built-in Session Restore Featue"
    makes the topmost windows close button [X] unusable.

[Workaround]
    Disable: "Use Firefox's built-in Session Restore Featue"
    in "Tab Mix Plus Options" - "Session".

CLOSING FIREFOX ISSUE FIXED IN DEVELOPMENT VERSION Rated 5 out of 5 stars

by Jon8RFC on May 18, 2015 ·
    CLOSING FIREFOX ISSUE FIXED IN DEVELOPMENT VERSION

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/versions/

I'm using Version 0.4.1.8pre.150317a1 The x-button closing problem from the window and the x-button closing from the individual tab seems to be resolved...."

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I noticed that closing bug too when I tried out a new profile + "stable" version of TMP. I wonder how far its tentacles reach? It should stick to tabs and not touch anything else. Since I run the dev version on my main profile, I did not run into that bug.

Any alternative to TMP? There was tabutilities but it seems to be abandoned.

20. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    atm I don`t think any tab management related Add-on for FF can get near close to TMP. Just wait a bit and sure devs are going to fix that issue related with Aurora / FXOpera themes you have. Go to TMP forum and report your issue there to speed up things...

Last edited: May 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.