Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation Part 2

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah it not my mouse I just noticed I can click links in thunderbird to "open" in browser which Firefox. the link will OPEN the browser but not load the page. so definitely something wrong with current builds on my end cause linked and bookmarks to randomly not load

Wonder if it some how ublock origin, I recently switch to Dev build because the font change to was freaking my eyes out, and only dev build have advanced option to go back system default fonts

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Yep, same thing happened to me 2 or 3 times in past week or so, I'm using FF 77.0.1 64bit and uBlock Origin. Wondering if it has something to do with network.tcp.tcp_fastopen_enable manually set to True hmmm

Not a big deal for me atm but first and second time when it happened I was like wtf is wrong with my laptop's touchpad lol

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ok so it not just me. I open Firefox bug about this
    1649007 - Link/bookmarks randomly not loading
    maybe give your input about this too?

network.tcp.tcp_fastopen_enable= false
    on my end

last time I opened bug ticket for Firefox was for print to pdf function that didnt work if you have custom temp folder set for windows (system variables). that took then quite some time to fix, not that it was huge propriety

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    RzrTrek likes this.
  4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hope if fixes the issue I haveing with open links and bookmarks

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
  8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    What the hell, thanks :D

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well gona see if 78.x.x fixes my issue

well that was fast issue happens still links bookmarks external links still random dont load up click.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I am not seeing this, have you tried a new profile to see maybe it is messed up?
    Back up the old one so easy switch back.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes.

@CrazY_Milojko
    having it happen to him too

Unless it ublock origin the cause which I am on Dev build still but 1.28.0 was release so i will swtich back a release build. seeing my reasoning for being dev build can be done on 1.28.0 now.

Next step i guess if continues is try another new profile yet again. but I tried earlier ( when first isntalled 78.0.1) with new profile but it still happen. it happen half dozen if not dozen + times day since started

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yet again I done new profile, this time I put uBlock origin 1.27.10 back cause 1.28.0 update to on firefox addons and reset everything.

And the link/bookmark not loading at random seem to be fixed I will keep an eye on it. I dont know it cause new profile? or cause went back 1.27.10? general it happend more then dozen times a day

Side question is a "firefox" refresh as a new profile? sort of it not bookmarks and passwords?

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I use ublock Origin too, release versions (1.27.10 currently).

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @EdKiefer

made new profile and went back to 1.27.10 and the issue stoped before I was on 1.27.11rc9 and prior 1.27.xx dev builds do to not being able to change ublock origin back to system defualts. 1.28.10 fixes and is current release but firefox addon site has been update to that yet.

I dont know if it ublock origin cause the issue or not or if it was a corrupt profile, atm I gona leave it be and see how things go so far the issue is gone

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Does ublock have a user forum, maybe check there if others have the same issue.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    other then a reddit and its github no? but I saw no complain about this in either. I will see what happen when 1.28.10 (release) hit firefox addon if it starts again I will know. less my profile really was messedup but that dont explain why first time I tried new profile it still happen, only thing was there first time I tried new profile with that issue I was still using the 1.27.xx dev builds

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh sadly it still doing the click the link and or bookmark and it will either load or not load issue.

happen twice today so far, special noticeable when I tend to click links in to new tabs, which if works great opens new tab and loads, but it don't it just opens a new tab populates the url but doesn't bother to load it.

This a 1 day old profile and 1.27.10 ublock origin, only other addons I have are autodelete cookies ( updated month ago) and FFBE sync (has been update in 2 months) but not sure how they would be the cause of the problem cause they dont actual handle "links"

It dont seem to be as often? that or yesterday was fluke and it was just behaving and today it decided to go back doing again

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Saw it mentioned in the Firefox Reddit, could just be one of those little bugs the browser has. :)
    I'm on the beta branch myself, 79.0 here (b3 currently.) caused Google Images to revert to the old layout (Cookie issue?) and the changelog is as brief as ever (Dropped some older version of OSX for support I think it was.) whereas comparing against the build changes shows all sorts of fixes and pending issues even if many of these are for the development builds.

Should be easy to test, grab 77.0(r3) and just extract the exe somewhere, move the files inside the core folder into the Firefox install folder and replace them and see if it still happens. :)
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/candidates/77.0-candidates/build3/win64/
    (And from here whatever preferred language and then the exe installer.)

If that fixes it then you have the choice to either remain on 77.0 for now or shift to the beta branch until the next stable release and then just install that over and leave the beta branch.
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/candidates/79.0b3-candidates/build1/win64/

Although if it happens on that build too well there's only the downgrade path.
    Could also be some setting or other issue but I would go with trying a earlier version first to see if it's the browser itself first.

EDIT: Ah but following some of the previous posts show this happening with earlier versions of the browser already, hmm maybe some longer standing issue then with some settings (IE instant search or auto complete.) or some add-on although I use UBlock Origin myself to avoid problems with very aggressive adverts and much more.
    (Force updating the filter lists daily just to be sure and also for compatibility reasons with reduced chance of breakage on sites.)

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @JonasBeckman

would mind posting where you saw my issue mention on redit? I could saw i checked there and saw nothing about it? I also not sure where this issue started either after 77.xx ?

thanks for the heads I went and search reddits firefox and found atlest 2 instance citing the same issue, I post in then and even linked them all the bug report I made about, I was starting to think some seriously know on my end with firefox hope full now that I know there more people having same issue people will chime in on the bug report I made and this gets fixed.

I get kept going back and forth about wtf is wrong with my mouse till I realized out wait it firefox they are saying 77.xx started it

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Bit of a late reply but that seems to confirm it as a change in Firefox itself and it's on Mozilla to track down and fix the regression, might not fix the issue but at least it confirms where it's coming from and hopefully there's some activity with the bug form and a eventual resolution to this issue. :)