Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.
At first it was ok here today, then few hrs later everything off..
This addon fixes it too
I never noticed an issue
I noticed if you want to see if you got the hotfix, CCleaner list it under bowser plugin's, there are probably other ways too but this is simple if you happen to have CCleaner.
and this is why i will never support mozilla's bs addon signing policy that.
I've just checked without this hotfix addon and it's fixed now.
This is going to be known as The Day Firefox Lost A Crapton Of Users And Ad Revenue On Ad-Supported Sites Saw A Huge Spike.
Okay folks, anyone got any suggestions as to alternatives to Firefox that will do all the extensions stuff? I've given them till tomorrow to get this nonsense sorted and then I am jumping ship just need to find something that will do the job.
Waterfox is one suggestion I've seen, any feed back?
Fully compatible with FF extensions and by an anti-malware company, more secure.
In the previous page I posted an easy workaround. It re-enables all extensions for 24 hours every time you do it.
I had this cert. issue while on YT last night, all of a sudden, i got the pop up about an add-on being disabled, and found it was uBlock, as starting getting ads everywhere
I was doing the about:debugging fix at first, then i did the studies one, to perm. fix it
Fair play, but you then have Mozilla saying not to do these hot fixes as it may end up messing about with whatever fix they roll out.
The issue is not so much fixing it it's more a lose of faith as
1). This should never have happened and
2). It should have been fixed by now.
Permanent fix is out (i think, as no release notes at present), as v66.0.4 is out, just came through
The web finally works as intended again with full encryption, minimal tracking and no ads. Thanks Mozilla for undoing your mess.
Finally a fix. I feel sorry for those that rely on browser adblocking. Hopefully this never happens again.
Yup fixed, lucky me I even got the opportunity to have to redownload and reinstall my add ons. So that was fun.
Seems all the FF based forks (waterfox, ice dragon, etc) were affected by the addons bug too, although a delayed affect which only seemed to happen in last day or so. Just as 66.0.4 rolled out fortunately. Hope they get sorted as I need a reliable FF based alternative which at times I need to run concurrently with FF.
i dont know i never had such issues then again I have 2 addons ublock origins and cookie autodelete.
I thought all the forks stoped at like 56.xx builds which why i stopd using cyberfox and waterfox?
I tried to check that out page dont load, I do use comodo from time to time for dns servers, but I been using 18.104.22.168 I have all my devices running off it now. if I could change my router to use 22.214.171.124 I would, only thing its it missing is abliitly to block stuff like opendns., but that might contribute to why it is faster then them
Pretty sure Avast has "secure" browser too no clue what is is based I never used it
Before I knew that the issue was widespread, I made a new profile and was moving PW's, data from an old Palemoon which I used as the default for like 5+ yrs.
two things, one the extensions were working but second I noticed right away how much faster FF is compared to old Palemoon, all the FF.exe instances I am sure help with that.
PS: Maybe the extensions would have stopped if I ran it long enough, I only had it running a few mins.