Movies Discussion #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Borgman

******spoilers*******

2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Seen it, an most certainly it's very good movie.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Uncle Ben.

[​IMG]

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra
  7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra
    Got my ticket for the new matrix today, gonna have some breaky then make my way down to cinema.:)

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    It is but Into The Spiderverse is still better.

No Way Home was good but the structure of the movie was set in to stone when they opted to use the villains and good guys from established Spidey movies. Unlike In To The Spiderverse it left itself very little room for anything truly shocking, surprising or new. Part of this was also the pre release media which pretty much told us who was in the movie anyway. While I say that I was surprised by both Matt Murdoch telling Spidey 'he is just a really good lawyer' and Venom in the post credits scene. However this brings a very new and very big issue with the MCU and the Multi-verse as a whole. Wanda-vision hinted at a potentially worrying trend but managed to subvert expectations beautifully.

Up until No Way Home The Garfield, Maguire, Venom movies and I would perhaps even say Daredevil (the Netfilx shows in general) were all stand alones. Self contained media within their own universes. Now they have been retro-respectively added to the greater MCU canon through the medium of the multi-verse. It has the potential to be concerning as there is this potential for established characters and laws to be changed so that they can either fit within the confines of the MCU or if I was being cynical to fit within the bounds of whatever popular social political agenda is being pushed at the time.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra
    Got halfways through new matrix and had to quit watching, such a shame.

11. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra
    Watch Carpeter's The Thing with Curt Russell the other night, still hold up to this day, great movie if you've not seen it in a while.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra

XenthorX likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I liked the new Matrix movie very much, the only thing I did not like was that Christina Ricci was used as background noise.... literal background noise... wtf.

Was so excited to see what role she played in it all and after all this time of knowing she was in the film... a "split second"... ohh! there she is! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's gone.

Bugs was cool.

XenthorX likes this.
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    I was happily surprised, was way beyond Matrix 2 and 3 for me, not as epic as the first one of course but i put it in an honest 2nd place for the franchise.
    The movie begins and ends like Matrix 1 to be fair.
    Can't find a single music that stuck with me tho, and didn't like the cover of RATM Wake Up at the end, lacked groove, juice, too soft compared to original despite cool vocals.

The worst part of the movie for me was Naomi, why did they brought back one of the worst actor of the franchise?!
    I don't buy a second her character and every scene she was in completely put me out of the experience as it was jarring.
    The younger actors performed much better than her, she ruined a couple important scenes for me.

Jonathan Groff, excellent as usual, Jessica Henwick/Bugs was really cool but in the end felt a bit too one-dimensional (that's the script!).
    The younger actors were great really. Neil Patrick Harris really cool fresh addition.
    Jada Pinkett Smith : clearly not at the same level as the rest of the actors.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Just watched The Matrix - and I cannot for the life of me remember much about it. Literally, I saw it less than two hours ago, and I cannot remember the logic of the plot.

Nothing made any sense - and I will not go through the plot, but....it felt extremely convoluted and, that means a lack of story focus. So - things are introduced as a problem that needs to be solved, which are then solved really easily, or, can be brushed aside easily...

Why introduce problems, only for those problems to be solved easily?

Bad story telling.

Was the movie any good? Not really - but I'm sure it will be bashed more than it deserves to be.

Ultimately, if I can dislodge the logic in real-time when watching it, then the writing is poor.

ninja edit: the scenes with Neil Patrick Harris are probably the most interesting - philosophically speaking.

boodikon likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra
    I enjoyed Spiderman very much but it tugged at the heart strings a little too often.
    One of if not the best marvel movie i've seen.

---

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060sc Ultra
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I think its overrated.

19. fredgml7

fredgml7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    I just don't care that much about reviews, so I'm looking for to watch new Matrix movie at home soon and decide for my self if I like it or not.
    For instance, I liked the new Resident Evil movie (yeah, far from perfect).

KissSh0t likes this.
  20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Leon in the new resident evil film wtf is going on