Movies Discussion #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Effer

Effer Member

GPU:
    GPU-Z 2.8.0 28
    What is your opinion of watching the Harley Quinn movie?

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Im more of a 80s fan, i just watched:
    No Man's Land with charlie sheen
    Fun 80s film about stealing porsches..some beautiful cars in the film and a great score.

3. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    id rather staple my forskin to a cactus

maddog55 likes this.
  4. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Foreskin aside lol I am thinking about seeing it tonight as the divide between aggregate sites like RT & IMDB seem to grow greater by the month.... Birds of Prey holds an RT critic/audience score of 79/80 while IMDB sits at a fair 6.9 at of this writing. I’m not always sure how to quantify the “semantics” into what exactly is going on there... personally I feel like more and more in general the reviews on IMDB are very... pessimistic. On RT the critic ones are of course political. While I feel RT’s audience reviews are more pragmatic than IMDB’s and usually politically agnostic; being what IMDB’s used to be when the forums were active... more about quality of film. It’s not to say that doesn’t live on IMDB - but it is to say that the site has become a far cry from what it used to be. It isn’t as objective anymore. It shows. Films that are actually good are considered bad. It’s becoming hard to consider IMDB a known good source for well; reviews frankly. As for Birds of Prey - this is a film that will likely be love or hate thus likely in the eye of the beholder

Tiny_Clanger likes this.

5. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    Blade Runner 2049 got a panning but ive watched it twice(netflix). it wasnt really needed to the story of blade runner but its not as bad as the terminator reboots either.

The new(latest) terminator and predator look shyte.
    Im done with superhero/comic book films but i love M Night Shyamalan Unbreakable Split and Glass trilogy.
    Im one of the old fart brigade now but i still scream watching Young Frankenstein(its pronounced fronkensteen :D)

Watched Orphan on netflix, that is one fecked up movie but im gonna watch it again :D

If something takes my interest great, if it dont then my life doesnt end
    Each to their own. I love marmite(sarnies).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 1:33 AM
  6. mariopepper

mariopepper New Member

GPU:
    64GB
    Haven't seen yet. But I don't even want to. I don't like this character after watching Suicide Squad

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    No wayyyy :eek::eek::D

8. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    I am not a fan of any particular genre or era, i just like good(in my opinion) cinema. i was born in 67 so ive seen very old, old, noir, classics, funnies, british - ealing funnies etc, war with all the big names of those era's so my amazon buy list(or in my head) is mainly pre 1980 and i could spenbd thousands getting them and still miss out loads. A good film is a good film :)

Nowadays there are tons of great tv series, old, old british, new in boxsets that we didnt have in the early days of video and our 1st video machine(a DER(british users will remember them) rental) was massive and weighed a ton.

Luckily my children have picked up on the old music i like and with places like youtube you see how many youngsters actually like old stuff :)
    I blame my mother for my love of ABBA and Simon and Carbunkle(sic), thanks mum :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 4:07 PM
    ramthegamer likes this.