Movies Discussion #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    OK, get it, lol, not off the hook. Elvis was the MAN growing up, at least to me, late fifties early sixties. Something to have hope in.

2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Nice, but different. Elvis gave all us kids a way out of blue jeans. overalls, over sized pants and a way to give our family the big life, or at least hope to deliver that. One in a million, still worth the hope....

Gotta watch HBO's Elvis Presley: The Searcher

Two parts.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    HK-1 likes this.
  3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Just saw "a quiet place" with my fiance. Was good. The ending, not so much.

We however had the annoying experience of people munching away on food during the "extreme" quiet scenes. Yes its a cinema I know, but still.

Netherwind and JaxMacFL like this.
  4. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    I heard nothing but good things about the movie. Quit going to movie theaters 20 years ago because of hearing loss during military career. Thank the lord for dvr's, they all end up here. Plus the fact you can rewind 10 sec to hear and see again. :>)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    Can anyone recommend some ROK movies? So far I have watched:
    • A Bittersweet Life
    • I Saw the Devil
    • Madeo
    • Memories of Murder
    • Welcome to Dongmakgol
    • Chan-wook Park's "Revenge Trilogy"

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    IMDB is the place to check.
    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls051180693/

7. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I think every man who's ever had a girlfriend has watched it. One of my ex girlfriends sat me down to watch it once but lucky for me we ended up shagging 20 minutes in so I dodged a bullet there. Apparently, it's pretty sad.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
  9. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    I think Republic of Korea (ROK).

MaCk0y likes this.
  10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    :D I don't feel like watching any DPRK movies. :p

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    ever since i started to watch movies on tv since i was a kid, i started to feel this urge to play my day like a movie intro, i started to fantasise how the director films the scenes, as if it was me the main protagonist or cop or whatever hero, for me a big influence was the movies of the 1980s, specifically all the action movies of that era and the 90s, it just gave me this feeling of trying to live my day as if it was a movie, a sunny premise, an LA or a miami setting.
    Top gun is a big influence to me, i don't know why, but i just like the way tom cruises dresses up, with blue jeans and white t shirt, and the rayban sunglasses, i like the way he approaches his love interest in the film with that singing, those sunny california locations.
    watching those movies to me just give great pleasure to my mind, i don t know if it s right or wrong, but everytime before i go to work, in the bus , i start watching the music videos and soundtracks of those movies on my phone,i have saved those rocky 5, kenny loggins edited top gun music video, add to that, At close range soundtrack of Madonna,broken arrow soundtrack, bad boys intro etc...all of those are on my phone to watch them and get in the mood just before my flight. and what s more interesting is that i like people to see what i am watching, and i ve had colleges in the bus tell me:"oh you got those classic movies their on ur phone, nice".
    because i want them aswell to feel this influence, but i think it s us only movie fanatics that feel this, or at least me.
    what do you guys think?

12. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    When I was growing up I was clueless about movie studios, directors and producers and how they all worked together to make a movie (still clueless). Now thanks to #metoo I know that all these top dogs along with some actors were able to use their position to sexually harass and assault actors and actress below them.
    I never thought about a directors vision, but it always bothered me when they changed the source material. Like, spider-man was bitten by a radioactive spider and used web-shooter, but when he went from comics to the big screen it became a genetic engineered spider and he grow spinnerets on his wrist to shoot his webbing. And how the Doom movie was nothing like the Doom video game.
    The first movie I remember Tom Cruise for was Risky Business, he may have used some of his Risky Business character in Top Gun (sunglasses, t-shirt, love interest). If you like Tom Cruise, check out Risky Business, one of his first movies. Today I try to avoid Tom Cruise movies due to the rumor floating around about his divorce from Katie Holmes (divorce clause prevents her from dating in public)

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX

Avengers: Infinity War... left speechless.

Icanium likes this.
  14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    All I have to say is Mutha

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    [​IMG]
    another 80s action thriller that i love and admire, in an era so focused on superhero cgi films, i wish we could be back to the 1980s to have these kinds of movies, like black rain, i love micheal douglas in anything: it was so funny when he says to the officers: i d like to get kissed before i get fucked lol

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Watched Avengers : Infinity War yesterday, daym that movie was good.
    I highly recommend it!

The Laughing Ma and ramthegamer like this.
  17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Yeah i ve been hearing that its a really good film

The Laughing Ma likes this.
  18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Yup gonna go see it again this weekend, been a long time since I saw a movie twice at the cinema.

ramthegamer likes this.
  19. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Iam also planning to see it again. The first movie I saw twice at the cinema was Black Panther.

ramthegamer likes this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Just saw the netflix fiLm, the titan with sam worthington, what awaste of 90minutes , generic film, starts off really well and then goes downhill from the half way mark, its a shame to compare this to other scifi films like moon, sunshine , oblivion and others

Icanium likes this.