Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    So much teased in this trailer. It's either a 2:20 movie or a mess of plot holes at 1:45.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's a teaser trailer, full trailer must be around 5 mins :)

I thought it started well enough, but went downhill towards the end.
    Kinda like this movie series in general i suppose.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I thought it was okay as well. I think Jason Bourne was better though. True, it is a different genre, but it came out a similar time so the remark is fair :).

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    X-Men Apocalypse:

Just started watching it....and ahahahaha
    How did a wooded arrow pass through a little girl and then kill her mother as well? Ahahaha

This moive is pretty bad so far.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Gene wilder rip

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Blood Father.
    http://www.im db.com/title/tt3647498/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2
    Why is imdb blocked?

MG back where he belongs.

Hacksaw Ridge is also directed by Mel Gibson and comes out later this year:

7. MayaHaveADrink

MayaHaveADrink Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 950
    I watched Get Crazy last night which is a bizarre 1983 'comedy' with Lou Reed and Malcolm MacDowell in it. Had some great musical performances but the film was very poor. I couldn't believe Lou Reed was in such pap. Anyone seen it?

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  9. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Just Watched The Wailing 2016 (Korean Movie) the writer Is a genius sick story.

https://goo.gl/CiIs9l

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Year summup for me:

X-men Apocalypse: liked the first half of the movie, the end was quite cheap imo. And there were way too much obvious CGI for me, i needed more landscape to breath a bit.
    For the 2nd half, I really felt stuck in a room with green screens on the walls, no believable exterior shots.
    Otherwise i really like the work on Magneto, might look a bit awkward at time, but Fassbender is really carrying this X-men revival.

Jason Bourne: Still a very solid franchise, really liked it. You know what you're coming for, and you get it. Great Pace, Great realization, Matt Damon is kickass and Alicia Vikander is insanely beautiful, i also really like what she brings to the table. Strong female lead has been part of Jason Bourne for a while, really like it.

Independance Day II was fun, again, you know what you're coming for, it was a plot without much surprises, but the cast was good. A bit too much cringe scene but that's a trademark of the first Independance day. And the CGI were really beautiful, it looked really amazing, love the artist work behind the scene.

Suicide Squad: Good character introductions, Deadshot and Harley Quinn stole the show, and the joker was overall quite useless: Jared Leto is just so eccentric all the time that you don't get that really creepy feeling you had in The Dark Knight. I also think that the pace of the film didn't allow a proper work of the Joker character, that actually remained weak and useless to the plot. The end plot,
    killing the bad witch
    oh my god, i've seen this countless time already, i was so bored.

Civil War was a great movie, but after all the press hype i was expecting better. Still, it was a really cool movie to watch.

Star Trek: Beyond, The gem of the year for me, an incredible movie, i loved it so much. Everything was perfect for me. Not much to say, i liked it a lot. Great Story and Character work, great music and VFX, great dialogues between Spock and McCoy (priceless!) A really nice wink to Leonard nimoy and the old Star Trek crew too. It was an incredible journey, i'll watch this movie countless time and time again.

Warcraft was a really cool animation movie, great VFX, Pace, story was cool too (i had really old memories of warcraft backstory, i'm not a wow player or anything, just warcraft3). The Ork were really believable and had great personalities.

Now you see me 2: Was ok, story was ok, i love the cast too but i felt it could have been better. Daniel Radcliffe was a great surprise, he nailed the job.

Batman vs Superman, well... I really liked it lol! I'll gladly watch a long-director's cut version. The Visuals were Great, Batman is utterly badass i love it. Jeremy Irons and Jesse Einsenberg were awesome, really love those actors.

Café Society, liked it, not my favorite Woody Allen, but it's still really well product movies, with great characters and amazing realization. Never realized Kristen Stewart was such a gorgeous woman, and Blake Lively was also stunning. Jesse Eiseinberg nails the job again.

Jungle Book and Deadpool were awesome in their own way lol. That's the year so far for me!

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

looking forward to this one

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Has anyone watched Anthropoid?

13. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Anyone into Vikings (TV series) and Russian cinema?

That's the movie for you. I'm excited!

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Today i saw 'Dont Breathe'.
    I thought it would be a pretty cool movie, i looked forward to it when i saw the commerical on Tv.
    Unfortunately its one of the worst movies i saw this year.

not recommended

I also saw miss penegrenes and the home of perculiar childern.
    I hoped it would be a movie like the alice movies (which i totally love). unfortunately it was more like harry potter. (which im not a great fan of).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  15. Dorel

Dorel Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7900
    Couple of my favorite movies:
    Inception
    The.Shawshank.Redemption
    The.Wolf.of.Wall.Street
    The Butterfly Effect
    Southpaw
    Trespass
    Deja Vu
    Phone.Booth.2002
    Zodiac
    Brake

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Watched Predestination last night for the first time, what a mind **** of a movie! :D

17. repcak11

repcak11 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270x
    Can someone promote me a new good thriller?

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Went to Underworld: Blood Wars yesterday... and I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the original movies, so nostalgia probably was a factor. But there were also some really good actors that made up for the thin plot. And yeah, Kate Beckinsale is still really hot. :nerd:

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Watched The Accountant yesterday, what a movie! hope they make a sequel!

20. ottoj

ottoj Guest

I am surprised they still make PARANORMAL ACTIVITY movies