Movie Library Question

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by ebucemag, May 6, 2010.

1. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    I recently purchased a new 42" 1080p 120hz Toshiba HDTV, and I have begun ripping blu-rays to my hard drive in the form of .iso files. Now all i have to do to play the movie is double click the file and it automatically gets mounted to a virtual drive and plays through PowerDVD 10.
    I am just wondering if there is a more attractive, more user friendly way of going about this. Basically what I am asking is if there is a program that runs through window media center that will allow me to view my blu-ray in "card" format with movie covers and movie descriptions, etc.
    Thanks,

James

2. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    Found a solution called My Movies, it does the trick... though it add title feature is pretty buggy, and freezes up a lot

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm pretty sure you can do that with PowerDVD......could be wrong tho.

4. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    You can but I believe its for only your physical movie collection..like DVD's and Blu-ray Disc's. You can't point to an .iso image or a folder with the blu-ray files.

5. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
  6. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Yup, I also recommend XBMC. I've not used it on the PC, but have 4 xboxes running it. My XBMC xboxes are my favourite gadget I own.

7. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    Will Allow me to play blu-ray iso's without a hitch.. with an auto-mount feature?

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I have never used it myself, but it is extremely customizable and versatile, so I would be surprised if it didn't support such a basic feature. Head over to their forums and ask there, I've heard they're quite helpful.

I also read that XBMC has auto-framerate switching, which is something you must have to even consider using a computer for Bluray/media playback, IMO. Playing 23,976/24 FPS content with a 60Hz output = disaster.