Mouth ulcer

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Nomadspy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I thought Type 1 was for sores on the outside of your mouth? Sores that are on the inside (I call them canker sores) can be caused by acidic foods, dental irritation, or other things. But they aren't contagious.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous_ulcer

So OP, are they on the inside of your mouth, or on the outside?

2. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    It's really difficult to find what cause this because i eat everything and i change my paste every month with different brand like colgate,blend-a-med,aquafresh and etc.So far 3 years no hospitals and doctors only these nasty annoying things.And Chouji thank you very much for providing me with nfo :) I hope they will find cure for us soon.

Inside.I never had something like this outside

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  3. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    I used to use Anbesol a lot.

There was a time when I used to get them regularly; could never find the real reason.
    Chief suspect was: being depressed and not having anything to look forward to.

I'm 51 now and haven't had them for a long time.

4. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    That is funny because 70% of the time i feel that way.So i suppose should start thinking more positively :) God i miss the days when Disney movie could help me

5. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    They occure inside and outside of the mouth, even on the skin down your neck if you're really suseptable to them.

I had a an ulcer in the back of my mouth and decided to test it, and sure enough it was positive for HSV type 1.

As for draining them, it's one of those "do as i say, not as i do" situations.
    I've been told not to drain them, i've read it numberous times, but if i get a pocket of fluid, ie a swollem lip, i use a syringe and drain it, and maybe 50% of the time that's the end of it, it doesn't turn into an ulcer, and just remains sore and swollen for a few days.
    If i ignore the swollen pocket of fluids maybe 90% of the time it'll turn into an ulcer.

Essentially it's like a blister with a bit of pressure behind it, which causes the skin to tear open and bam.. ulcer starts forming.

You can buy sterile syringes online at a number of different websites. But if it's not in a sealed package, don't use them. And if you're suspecious of them, play it safe and toss them or get a refund.

6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    sorry to get a lil off topic but how do you get a mouth ulcer?

7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I usually drop a pinch of sea salt on the wound, yes it hurts like a motherf**ker but it works.

Generally through an infection or minor physical injury ... however, smoking can cause these mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are also linked to vitamin deficiency.

deltatux

8. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I usually just bite my lips until the ulcer is gone :|

9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    works for me too..or better yet (more effective and less painful) use tawas not sure if its available in the states though

10. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ew, just googled mouth ulcer and the images look like some STD....

11. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You know this is an invitation for us to look it up even more right? :D

12. go the vegemite or promite what ever they call it there. Its a food, like a breakfest spread, it stings like all hell and it WILL make your eyes water and yell profanities, but it'll get rid of your ulcer real fast. Your mouth kinda goes numb and ya start drueling, but its funny.

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's actually stopping smoking that causes them. I had canker sores when I was younger, then it stopped for the 9 years I was smoking. Now that I've quit they flare up like crazy all the time. :bang:

14. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Btw, toothpaste can cause ulcers too. It's the sodium lauryl sulfate in it. As a kid I rarely brushed my teeth because of that. But few years ago I discovered that toothpaste can cause ulcers and bought myself some sodium lauryl sulfate free toothpaste. No more ulcers and better teeth and breath \:D/

15. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen

I told you guys not to do it, but do you listen? no of course not. Those are extreme cases and are in no way average.

So what ever you do, do not send me your name, address, phone number, picture of credit card, front and back... drivers license and social security numbers, mothers maiden name, and your girlfriends/boyfriends cell phone number.

PS Beast, HSV is an STD, it's herpes simplex virus.. type 2 is commonly refered to as genital herpes.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Use TCP or Bonjela and it will be gone in 2 days.

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Salt on the ulcer is the best thing and yes it hurts like **** but it numbs it nicely

in my case tho my ulcers are caused by the teeth :(

18. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    It's gone now thank you all.The solution was salt-whiskey,salt-whiskey and again salt-whiskey :)

19. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    ^^^

That 'solution' wouldn't have got rid of the ulcers I used to get.

I have tried every method mentioned in this thread in the past and it only eased the pain for a while (Anbesol was the easiest method and lasted the longest).

The ulcers would go in their own sweet time (often weeks).

20. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    The most common cause regarding mouth ulcers is probably vitamin deficit.
    I barely eat any fisical fruit and I've always suffered from mouth ulcers.

What I usually do despite using a gel I have here at home is to gargle with strong alcoholic beverages such as whisky, Rum, Vodca and some homemade burning water.

Also gargling salted water is a good way to disinfect your mouth and ease the pain.