Mouse Problems with NVidia cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by martinlest, Jan 24, 2007.

1. martinlest

martinlest Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go 6800 Ultra
    Hi. This problem seems well documented in various forums, but I haven't found a solution. People say it's an NVidia driver bug?? Certainly everyone affected seems to have GeForce video. Anyone point me to something that might help?

I have a Dell XPS Gen2 laptop with GeForce Go 6800 Ultra graphics. I connect it to an external monitor and use that as extended desktop. Every so often (like once a week), the mouse pointer disappears on the laptop screen - though it's still OK on the 2nd. monitor. It still works, but the cursor is invisible - only a reboot brings it back. Changing the cursor type in Control Panel changes nothing. The laptop trackpad has the same problem too. Changing mouse & mouse drivers no help..

My current video drivers are version 7.2.0.1 (24/3/05). Later drivers (latest I can find are dated 08/11/2005) introduce other problems and, mouse problem apart, my current drivers work the best of the bunch I have tried.

I have XP/SP2, 2.13GHz CPU, 2GB DDR2 RAM ...

If any more info would help, please ask. Thanks.

Martin