Mouse problem or OS problem?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ChuNjeH, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ChuNjeH

ChuNjeH Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1900XTX 512MB
    For some reason, I can't drag any open windows with my left click. Nor can I highlight things by making a box with my left click in my desktop. Does anyone have any idea what might becausing this? Hardware or software?

2. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Try reinstalling your Chipset drivers, followed by the CCC.
    If that doesn't work, go to your desktop, right click and go to properties, settings, advanced, troubleshoot, and drop that Hardware Exceleration slider down a notch or two and try...if it works properly, and you've already reinstalled your chipset drivers AND the CCC, then you're due for a format/reinstall of XP, as it's lost it's way around it's own registry... (happens!)

Good luck!

Psychlone

3. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    You could eliminate the mouse if you happen to have another lying around, or one you could borrow. Just replace it and see if it makes a difference... but from the sounds of it, i dont think it will.

4. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    double check settings in the mouse window found in the control panel.

5. ChuNjeH

ChuNjeH Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1900XTX 512MB
    Weird thing is, I can make boxes and what not with my right click, its only the left click that doesnt work. What is also weird is that I can use the left click fine when I attempt to move around my Firefox box. It also works if I swing the mouse REALLY quickly as well.