mouse lag after creator's update win10 64bit.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ramthegamer, Sep 21, 2017.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    hey guys, i started to experience mouse lag after i upgraded my win 10 to creator's edition, i uninstalled my latest driver 385.41 and mouse lag was gone, but i had reinstall the 385.41 but mouse lag is present again.

2. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Member Guru

GPU:
    1050ti
    i got the sept 12th bad IE updated and was BSOD with driver crashes.

If you can manage the fastest and most reliable fix is to just download latest Microsoft distro and do a clean install of window. Some settings & permissions where prob fubar.
    Windows 10 is super beta still lmao they still testing features on users. For whatever reason there updating method is always creating issues at least on my rig. It even dumps back ups n that you cant remove with temp cleaning; you have to go digging in the filesystem and change permissions. Can be an issue with small SSD.

It is possible you could be having some sort of HW Acceleration problem. A lot changed with CE update like removal of a bunch of settings for home user; they also add and enable the xbox DVR.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i can't fix it, it seems an upgrade bug to have this mouse lag...now i can't install forza motorsport 7 demo again...since it requires creator s edition...

4. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    That's an major bummer ! which version of OS are you running if I may ask

5. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    R480+ Nitro @ 1425/2030
    You've tried Mousefix

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal)
    Have you tried the 387.68 drivers? Even though they are meant for v1709 of Windows 10, They seem to work best on my computers with v1703 so far.

In case you are using any overlay software (RTSS, etc.), make sure they are updated to the latest version, as Windows 7 changed some Direct3D stuff which causes issues with outdated overlay software.

Also, try to disable Game Mode, Game DVR and all the other "gaming enhancements" of Windows 10 (Settings->Gaming->Game bar/Game DVR/Game Mode) and see if that helps.
    You might also want to disable/rename (you'll have to claim owenership of the file before you can rename it) the related bcastdvr.exe and GameBarPresenceWriter.exe in Windows\System32 as those still start on occasion for some reason and can tank performance even with all the Gaming Settings of Windows 10 disabled.

And I almost forgot - it might be a good idea to update your USB and mouse drivers to the latest version from your respective manufacturer's website, too.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    thx, everything is perfect after i removed periferrals usb, and wireless connection, i reinstalled the upgrade and everything is working fine now.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    everything is working again thx, i reinstalled it, but this time i removed all usb periferrals and i stopped internet while it installed.

9. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Good for you :)

10. emka

emka Member

GPU:
    GainwarGTX 1060 6GB
    I have tried everything and I can't make GameBarPresenceWriter.exe not start everytime I start a game. Wish your suggestion worked

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I had to check, but your getting high cpu% on GameBarPresenceWriter.exe ?
    Here its 0% usage with games I run and bcastdvr.exe doesn't seem to run at all.

I have game mode on but gameDVR off (all other Xbox stuff off in setting). I can see if GameDVR is on then its trying to record while your playing game.

It does seem to affect some if you Google GameBarPresenceWriter.exe

12. Hammie

Hammie Master Guru

GPU:
    760 SMG 28" 1ms 3840x2160
    Just choose a driver that works for you and doesn't give you problems and what not. gl