MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    The 3335 I found doesn't like certain surfaces. Especially if it's very smooth. It seems to lose tracking then reconnects to the surface.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah I tend to double check and a mouse for me nowadays now at least needs a 3360 or higher sensor tbh.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  4. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Interesting video, I always wondered if mouse axis affected aim but never found a program to measure it.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Added a new member to my stable of mice:

Cobra Pro

[​IMG]

After using it for 2 days, I can say I will be maining this mouse for awhile. The narrower width allows my fingers to curl and be in a more natural resting position, and I can do microadjusts and tracking much easier. With the Viper Ultimate, my ring and pinky fingers extend to the right more, and are more straight, tho that right curve hugs my pinky just right. It did however sometimes affect my aim when I had to go up.

I used to game a lot on a laptop and an Anywhere MX (the Darkfield sensor tracked really well on the surfaces in my car) at the end of a shift and I was done with my work. I didn't realize how I was accustomed to using a small mouse until I got this Viper Mini Wireless, ahem, Cobra Pro. :)

[​IMG]

As you can see, the Anywhere MX and the Cobra Pro have some commonalities. So upon trying this mouse, it was instant <3. I don't know why this mouse gets so much hate on r/MouseReview other than it's 77g. I personally LIKE a mouse that is about 75g. As for the 60g ones, the only one I've liked is the Haste 2. I think it's how the weight is distributed. The coating on the mouse is like their Basilisk Ultimate, which is my favorite of the three types. (I have a RVU, RBU, and a DAv2 Pro) Like the RBU, I don't feel the need for grips, tho I should get some for the sides to protect the installed grips from getting ruined. (On a side note, I found a vendor on Amazon selling OEM grips for the Viper Ultimate, and in colors other than the grey/black you get on Razer's colorways)

Lighting on the mouse is like the Basilisk v3, meaning you can see it when palming the mouse, which is nice. I've grown fond of the Fire preset. The skates are PTFE, and glide really well on my Atlas, and are quiet on the glass. On cloth, they are a bit slower than the ICE / Hotline 3.0 Plus on the others. They may still need to break in.

Clicks on it are a little nicer than the RVU, which has a touch of hollowness to them, due to the larger chassis. The sides use a small switch, same as the DPI switches use, so I don't know how well they will hold up long term. I mapped DPI Up to F13 to have a 4th button for Diablo IV, and changed DPI Down to DPI Cycle Up.

I picked up the Qi puck for it, and use my phone charger to recharge the mouse. It will go into Battery Charge RGB mode, and use the traffic light scheme to let you know how much charge is on it, and solid green when full. I tried using a Qi phone charge strip for charging through the USB-C port, but the metal head didn't fit well in the mouse's narrow USB port. So, puck it is!

I bought the mouse and puck on Amazon: $89 for the Cobra Pro with 3 month free financing, and $16 for the puck as a Used - Like New open box. ($19.99 normally)

[​IMG]

Here are the Cobra Pro along with the Pulsefire Haste 2 and my Viper Ultimate. (awaiting the arrival of the pink grips) So yes, I finally have a Viper Mini Wireless :D (without the $300 cost for the 49g SE model with the huge holes.) I'm in no rush to get the 4K dongle (tho most likely I will get the Dock instead, when I can get it cheaper as Open Stock on Amazon) since I game at ~120Hz on the laptop screen, and 60Hz on the 4K.

Maddness and Corrupt^ like this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I found out recently you can make the switches quiet by lubing them with Krytox 205 (used for keyboard switches) for example.

Just pop open the switch, cover the entire pring and enjoy.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Not sure if I would aim well with that. But if anyone ever made a gaming grade "pen", I recon I could aim well with that xD

Got a Glorious Model O 2 Pro. Big step up in quality from Glorious, I hope they roll this out on their entire lineup tbh.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I never agreed with the whole FOV shenanigans though. No idea how it is for other people, but my brain seems to automatically fill in the difference in FOV and if I were to use the same distance traveled with FOV 70 vs FOV 100, it actually feels incorrect to me.

Ideally games just allow us to set FOV and I can just use the same FOV in each game.

In a utopian world all games have the same FOV settings and the same sensitivity scaling. It's one of the things I really liked between old ID software games & Valve games, it was the same (or at least very similar).

11. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I don't change my mouse sensitivity when I change FOV. I do set the monitor distance co-efficient to 2.39 (0 works well too) for my 3440x1440 monitor though

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

Looks stupid, but gurus can try...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  13. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Interesting, I do use the mousepad he recommends in the video.
    I have now lowered the keyboard and mouse settings to 50, I have no idea what i can do to check if any of it makes a difference though. After a restart i was pleased they were both working at least. Maybe i should have a quick play of MW2 MP and see if I destroy everyone with ease :)

mbk1969 likes this.
  14. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I have removed the mouse settings, it was quite strange in that the mouse felt pretty normal but my aim in MW2 was off, I couldn't hit anyone, I had a game where I had 0 kills and 26 deaths. After deleting the new reg values I was back to my usual 1 to 1 k/d

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    For the sake of science you have to repeat several times to reveal/prove the correlation.

≡[。。]≡

big ROBOT bill likes this.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I still see some debate on whether this only impacts button presses or the mouse as a whole. But trying insanely low values, it does screw with the button clicks. Some people think matching it with the packet size of the mouse (nr of bytes sent by the mouse with each update) could be the best way to go, but it's all speculation atm.

17. L22k0de

L22k0de New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Supreme
    It has expired on other download sites. I can't find it now. If you have the file, please share it.

WCAfix windows 7 supported File..

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Broke down and purchased this.
    Logitech G PRO X Superlight 2 Wireless Gaming Mouse

So far, a very nice mouse. Is it worth the money, only time will tell.

EDIT; Mouse is light 60 g, moves smoothly on my cloth mouse pad and still has control, sensor very accurate, both left and right mouse buttons click nicely "Positive feedback", scroll wheel very smooth but I still feel the clicks, side buttons a little mushy just like every Logitech mouse. Can't comment on battery life yet!

Coming from a Logitech G502 x it is an upgrade for sure.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070