MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I have the superlight just sitting in a box... bought it back in 2020, but the clicking hurts my joints, so it's no bueno.

Still using my very old g700s - close to no pressure needed to click, and basically no tactile response (mice with alot of tactile response is the worst for my joints)

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    FYI: Razer has released a bunch of new mice, so they are offloading last gen at 1/2 off (at least in the US) I picked up a Razer Viper Ultimate Quartz Pink and a Basilisk Ultimate for 1/2 off, both with docks, and 3 month financing through Amazon. On Prime Day I nabbed a Monoprice Hyper-K Dark Matter for $18 (Currently $22) It's a Gwolves ODM with Hati-M Classic shell, and 3389 sensor with Omron 20m switches, and a shoelace paracord, all at 60g. (I wanted to try an Ultralight)

I find I am happier with the 74g RVU, and I love the fit of the RBU. Since I have a better grip with it, I can whip it around easily and I don't feel the 106g weight.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Dragged out a Corsair Ironclaw from storage. It's still my most comfortable, too bad it's known for wheel snapping. (This one is an unused replacement.)

BlindBison likes this.
  3. I just got an Endgame Gear XM1 RGB to replace good old Logitech G Pro - the older wired version, think it's re-released as G Pro Hero these days - as the Logi seems to be getting a little unreliable with repeated clicks.

Initial impression really positive, the shape and size suit me better than the Logitech did and it suited me well too. Relatively large hand with claw grip
    Clicks are tactile and the relatively large PTFE feet work well. Mousewheel much nicer to use than in the Logitech as are the side buttons.

Sample image

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2022
  4. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    The DeathAdder V3 Pro I got to use for awhile at a friend's house and it was pretty good. Expensive and they should've bundled it by default with the 4K hz polling dongle I'd argue, but maybe the best "overall" mouse I've yet used (for my hand size/grip style at least).

I slightly prefer the shape of the standard DA V2 wired though -- best palm/relaxed fingertip shape I've ever used. The only real gripe I have with the DA V2 is the side button positioning is just horrible I find. For my grip style at least. Really wish they'd rotate the side buttons backwards closer to the mouse hump as the furthest forward button has always been uncomfortable to reach imo. The DA V3 pro is more like an EC1.5 than a DeathAdder which some people will love and others will dislike I expect. If Zowie actually made a proper official EC1.5 that very well might be my main, I own the EC2-C and the EC1-C and I find the EC2 a bit too small for my hand and the EC1 a bit too large regrettably. Great mice though.

Side note, the most modern Razer Speedflex cables are really very good I find in terms of staying out of your way and being flexible (the one on my DA V2 for example). The one on Zowie's -C mice isn't "bad" but it's definitely a step down to me given its rigidity -- it gets in the way more than the most modern Razer speedflex ones I find. The Outset AX I also own and the cable on that and the scrollwheel are so awful they basically ruin the mouse (I also find that Zowie's EC shapes are more to my preference being longer -- Outset is just too short for me).

Superlight is super good imo, but the shape just isn't for me (love that rubberized material/coating though). Great wireless implementation and battery life to my perception. Shame the side buttons are hot putrid garbage.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I'm getting so annoyed with cables as of lately that I went on the hunt for a wireless mouse :x

Also tried Pulsar's offerings, was pleasantly surprised, but the shape wasn't for me. So I'm on a Glorious Model O- Wireless now. But if I had to rank a top 3 brands right now (more technically rather then focused on shapes, I'd say 1) Razer, 2) Pulsar and 3) Logitech, at least when for Pulsar you get the mice with 3395 sensors with Motion Sync).

6. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    There is only one mouse and that is the Logitech MX518. I have the G502 and it's ok, but not as good as the MX518. For me anyway.

Reality|Bites likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the mx 518 has worse issues with ghost clicking than the 502 and 903

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Physically it was built like a Nokia though, you could throw that thing into a wall and you'd have to worry about a wall. But I can't imagine using that mouse nowadays tbh xD

9. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Is there any high-dpi (gaming) mouse today which is NOT painted ?

I have very sweaty hands and this happens...
    20221125_094947-25.jpg

Since "RGB" was invented and light needs to go through the mouse, this is the 3rd mouse which flakes off.
    Oh, let's not even mention the glue oozing out of a previous model which had rubber grip.

I can imagine all the models shown in the last few pages experiencing a similar problem under my hand.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Oof, I would honestly suggest asking your question here (you'll probably reach more people with the same problem):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/

Never ran into that problem myself, but I'm extremely anal with having greasy or sweaty hands. I even have a box of tissues to clean my hands/keyboard/mouse off if it gets to greasy.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  12. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    1) Don't have a reddit acc nor do I ever want to make one

2) It's not like I'm coming from the workshop with vaseline on my hands and start mousing... I'm getting sweaty in 5 minutes of gameplay, there's nothing I can do about it, I have very warm hands (which is quite uncommon, it seems)

Is their logo painted above the mouse case or is the case painted in black with the exception of the logo ?
    Seems more likely the former, but asking just to make sure.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Only way to answer is to scratch my mouse, which I am reluctant to do.
    I also have such mouse - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...TRA-Tunable-FPS-Gaming-Mouse/p/CH-9309411-NA2
    and it has very rough (not glossy) surface.

Corrupt^ likes this.
  14. 31voG

31voG Active Member

GPU:
    6700xt
    For people with wrist problems that go to a physiotherapist : The Trust REXX GXT144 is comfortable thanks to forcing your hand at a 60 degree natural angle (but not vertical). I can still game with it quite well, which i could not with a vertical mouse with also a descent sensor.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Good point, Zowie doesn't use a rubberized coating so it might be an improvement wavetrex

Just make sure you get the -C variants or newer (the -B or older variants have the old 3310 sensors which are inferior).

BlindBison likes this.

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Damn, that's the first time I've seen that on any Steelseries mouse. Which Steelseries mouse is it?

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I've been enjoying a G502 Hero for some years now, repaired the left button double click by dismantling and bending the switch lever, only for it to start again a year later.
    Am still using it, it gets a lot of hard whacks on the button when double clicks start which always solves it for a few weeks, so its not been too bad.
    The spinny wheel is one of my favourite features which is why I stuck with it.

Anyway, I recently bought an OLED laptop for mobile art stuff (not gaming) and want a wireless mouse for it.
    Started off looking at £13 models but theres always something bad in the performance, style or customer reviews that made me not want to bother, or lack of features (buttons being a major).
    After hours of searching and no compromises I again ended on the G502 but wireless at £90 then noticed they still have the same crappy switches.
    A few more hours later I got sick of looking at mice so said dammit and bought the G502 X Plus with Opto Mechanical switches, spinny wheel and loadsa buttons :)
    It was over £130, only 10x my original start cost lol, but hey I'll be happy and wont need to do this again for many years!
    And can also use it on my gaming PC too without unplugging so is the golden purchase.

I game on my sofa and have lots of cushions and throwovers for cold days and quite often lose my black G502 mouse and end up tracing the wire from my PC to find it.
    This time I bought the easier to find white version which also means I'm less likely to tread on it in a dark room.
    Really looking forward to seeing how it performs :)

Looks like the Sensei.
    I had one about 7 years ago and the cable snuffed it while under the 2nd year of warranty.
    Steelseries have no support in the UK so tried to make me pay shipping to them in Denmark. I strongly disagreed so they eventually just shipped me another mouse.
    The box looked new but the mouse didnt. The mouse feet had already been peeled back so it had undergone some internal investigation prior.
    A few months later both the left and right buttons were double clicking. This was an obvious return they tried to fob off on me.
    I vowed to never buy or recommend another Steelseries mouse, their quality assurance sucks.
    fyi

18. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Rival 5

This is my 3rd SS actually, all developed... issues. Not quickly, it took a few years, which is why I wasn't very upset, but still, their usage time is rather limited, at least under my hand. As for the paint slowly disappearing, it's the 3rd one overall, not SS. A Gigabyte mouse before and a HP gaming mouse also lost parts of the paint cover. All with LED lighting... Never experienced this before with a non-lit mouse.

I'll try another brand next when this one develops some other different issue than just the paint. So far ( 2 years of use ) this is the only problem with it. No button doubleclicking, no mousewheel jumping randomly, no sensor glitching... so at least the electronics seems good. So far.

19. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I own a few different Zowie mice now and I do think their shapes are darn good. If they ever release an official EC1.5 in between the 1 and 2 in size I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I do have a strong preference for the coating/shell material on the Logi Superlight (rubberized material feels amazing to the touch) or the modern Razer shells like those found on the DA V3 which have a subtle texturing to them. The other thing I'd like to see Zowie do with their EC mice is move to a more "unibody" design like Vaxee mice so you wouldn't feel those shell connecting creases and of course go wireless. Well, that and maybe work on their wheel (I dig tactile wheels for gaming, but man the wheel on my -C Zowie mice is loud -- in fairness to them other wheels are still far worse like the Outset wheel, yuck).

I think overall for my hand size and grip preference the DA V3 is tough to beat (though very pricey and its dumb it didn't ship with the 4K dongle out of the box given the price point I think) -- I think I might prefer slightly a wireless Zowie EC1.5 if they ever make one. Always preferred the way the side buttons were positioned on Zowie ergos to something like the DA V2 for example. There's a reason why Zowie's shapes have been copied to death at this point.

Side note/unrelated I wish SteelSeries would give us a true Rival 310 successor -- man I dug that shape, but it's just too cheap/long in the tooth in other ways.

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Steelseries definitely has declined in the past 5 years that I've seen. Nothing from them is built to last. Even their keyboards RGB is dodgy after a year. Reddit is also all full of broken headsets.