MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Rival 100 is fine at 500 dpi, above that the sensor performance drops substantially.

2. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 GameRock 2088/11000
    goddamit, the da elite takes a while to ship, razer wants credit card only at check out, had to order at a retailer and am waiting my butt off :(

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    Thanks for the tip!

Btw what settings should I use in Windows Control Panel as base? Or does the SteelSeries Engine completely override them anyway?

Sorry if asking the obvious.

4. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 GameRock 2088/11000
    pointer speed at the middle and percision enhance off.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    ^ thanks, had a hunch that would be a good start :)

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    Got the Rival. Haven't actually played anything yet but I can immediately feel the difference in cursor smoothness and precision vs. my previous mouse (Logitech M235 wireless).

Takes a bit of getting used to though as I've always had EPP / acceleration on before :)

EDIT: played a bit of Doom and The Division.
    Aiming while circle-strafing is notably better on-the-mark now and everything in general feels more precise and effortless.

Using 1000 DPI, no angle snapping or acceleration (duh), 1000 Hz polling. Did a brief "Paint test" too and there's no noticeable jitter on 1000 DPI.
    Cursor precision is perhaps slightly worse already than @ 500 DPI but for the price and everyday casual gaming nothing major and you can easily toggle sensitivity with the switch button.

Minor gripe is the scroll wheel, it's rickety. Works but given the overall solid build quality is a bit of a sore thumb to stick out. My 2 cents.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Depends on how low your sensitivity is. At 1000 dpi your max tracking speed will drop substantially with the Rival 100.

8. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 GameRock 2088/11000
    just testing the m65 pro rgb from corsair withb their glosy white edition. 3366 and omron switches, I like that it isn't too much ergonomic, the mouse klicks feel very good, the glossy finish is always my favorite, very good mouse, prefer it over the rival (all of them) simply because of shape and klicks.

9. jura11

jura11 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
    Hi there

I've still M65 RGB and I hated that mouse,if you have smaller hands that's perfect,but if yours hands are larger then good luck with that mouse,this sniper switch has caused me only headache and that mouse went back to draw as backup mouse,my brother don't want that mouse too,my gf said,this mouse would give her enemies :)

Went back to G502 Proteus core and that mouse is my most favorited mouse,feels awesome and I like shape of that mouse

On desktop I've set 5600DPI and for some games I'm using just 1200-2800DPI

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

10. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 GameRock 2088/11000
    I use medium size gloves, and large when using those steril gloves.

Sniper button is rather hard to push in, no problems.

I didn't like the feeling of the click with logitech, it's too short, hardly has any bounce and feels to hard imo...

11. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 GameRock 2088/11000
    just got the deathadder elite, holy crap the sensor is on crack, super responsive, klicks are better and don't have as much travel as the chroma.

Want a new mouse? da elite is some sick piece of hardware...

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    Question, are there any recommendations/points as to what polling rate should be used or does it matter much?

Using highest possible (1000 Hz) atm.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Unless a mouse has specific problems on it, a 1000 yep.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    thanks again :)

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    Good site to test your mouse, mouse pad and reflexes
    http://www.aimbooster.com

It may be worth to include into OP links to a software/sites related to mouse test, estimation.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660gtx sig2
    I think after 2+ year having my G502 proteus core and suffering the mouse shooting off in diffrent direction when just moving camera's in-game I finally fixed? possible windows built in mouse acceleration/Enhanced pointer precision was cause?

Logitech is send me new G502 proteus spectrum free seeing original is under warrenty still.

Only bad thing now is mouse default speed is tad to fast now, I might have to reduce DPI for the mouse if cant get use to it.

G502 is still great mouse

17. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 GameRock 2088/11000
    just testing the roccat cone emp, very nice shape.

big and fat, fits the hand perfectly, fully emerges into your palm and is long enough for your fingers to still be on the mouse buttons without having to claw the mouse, the deathadder and logitech mice are to short to hold them in such a way.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Middle mouse button on my naga 2012 just completely died, i could hit it with a sledgehammer and it won't work 90% of the time :wanker:

Out for a better numpad mouse now, from some quick looks it seems that the Scimitar Pro has a decent sensor and buttons, anyone with any experience using that mouse here? Impressions? (anything will be an improvement over the naga, but still..)

Shouldve started a new thread if i wanted anyone to notice.. probably, welp, I took the plunge, getting delivered tomorrow. Cant wait to play with my 16000 dpi mouse (and use it at 1600dpi)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  19. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Delivery took a few days longer than expected but it's here now.
    Positive first impression after ~30 mins shooting stuff in the face in Warframe.
    So far so good, and i now have a middle mouse click again, it was driving me insane for almost a full week without one. Browsing nightmare!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

+few more pics

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    Anyone have any experience with a Rival 300?

Could get one for just 30 € and take the Rival 100 I have now to work (the macro functions are extremely useful for modeling/design, not to mention it's miles better in desktop use than the generic mice we have).

The Rival 300 has the Pixart PMW3310 sensor which should be good? Also it allows finer CPI adjustment than Rival 100 which has a nasty gap between 500 and 1000 CPI.

500 being way too sluggish and 1000 a bit too quick for my liking. Around 800 could be optimal.