Mountain Releases Makalu 67 Gaming Mouse at 19000 DPI

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    In a time where i can have a wireless device allowing global communication, why does my mouse need to be wired?
    even the little higher weight of something like a 903 is still less than most wired gaming mice,
    and with the power mat no cord at all, no even charging...

3. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    "high quality omron switches" why not put the damn opticals in there and its the perfect mouse im running a redragon for 15 euros with optical switches for 1 year and a half and not even a single double click issue.

Slinkyminx likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I like button placement on side, kind said it dont have thumb button does it atlest have 4 way scroll button? as far as I concerned you can call it game mouse with out 4 way scroll button. Not sure I like the whole rib "cage" like design though, that gona be pain in ass to clean crevices like that.

Wired is still the way to go.

5. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    does it save profiles with internal memory so no need to install software on every computer ?

6. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Looks like a promising product for serious FPS players

If it's more than £30 though I'll laugh it out of my thoughts

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Can someone please tell me the use case for a 19000DPI mouse? I've owned a lot of mice in my time and I can honestly say I have never ever had the need to exceed 1600 for desktop use and 400 or 800 for gaming (depending on the game). 19000DPI just seems a bit much, am I missing something?

£30? That's a bit cheap... most decent mice, with decent sensors are around the £50 mark or above, if you want wireless (good wireless) you're looking at £90 if not over £100.

EDIT: You're going to be laughing I guess

8. juzz

juzz Member

GPU:
    4090 watercooled
    Serious fps players play somewhere between 400-800 DPI

9. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Yeah yeah Mr 1.6 been there seen that done that quite likely long before you no need to throw that crap around, listen I am talking about SHAPE and WEIGHT you won't find an 800DPI 'gaming' mouse these days will you! Sensor has become near irrelevant these days and if you're what you say then you will know this too.

10. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Yeah I was well aware I was making a point, the price of crap these days is utterly over priced. £60 for THAT. That sensor is comical for the sake of driving up the price and what else does it offer? LESS PLASTIC? LMAO the worlds gone mad and people are paying for it.

OH and yeah the point of that sensor, is so they can charge more than £30 ;P LITERALLY. They could have kept the price down with an older but 100% still AMAZING, basically 'perfect' PMW3360 or something sensor.

If it was high quality wireless, I'd have accepted £50 ABSOLUTE TOPS. But they've kept the cable to keep the weight down
    - understood, but they're CHARGING for the privilege LMFAO (marketing the weight AKA less plastic and no wireless) Hilarious, farcical.

BUT, PEOPLE WILL PAY IT. So, away they go.

THAT is a £29.99 mouse PERIOD.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You just know dorito dust is going inside that thing... possibly sprite... or mountain dew... got to stick with the theme of the mouse.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just out of curiosity, what mouse do you use?

13. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Greetings Sir.

CS 1.3-1.6 up to around 2005 MS Explorer 3.0 Then MX500 and MX518

Then the list of 'gaming mice' is so long it tops 40+ easily (just enjoyed new mice)

Now I don't own a mouse, or a desk lol I use this.

[​IMG]

I do own the steam controller which I think is absolutely AMAZING but you gotta be motivated to set that thing up ...

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I've owned,

Intelli Mouse,
    MX518,
    Razer Lanchesis,
    ***insert about 20 random mice here, I tested loads and sent them back to get the right one, my MX518 was dying a slow death after almost 6 years of use***
    Zowie EC1A (old version),
    Zowie ZA11 (old version),
    Roccat Kova AIMO,
    Logitech G900 wireless,
    Corsair IronClaw wireless,

recently ditched the IronClaw as its shape/texture and terrible iCUE software annoyed me to no end and have purchased the new model of the Zowie EC1A with a mouse bungee, probably my all time fav mouse, just plug it in and it works. No software needed, set DPI values are perfect, sensor is solid, lift off distance is tight, shape is perfect, weight is perfect.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    If you use the mouse on a complicated surface it can help.
    I use my PC in the living room with the mouse on the sofa or a cushion.
    This is not the easiest surface for a sensor to track and the higher the dpi mouse I have used, the better it has got, although the driver can screw it up as well (take a note Corsair, loss in tracking shouldnt result in a second or more delay!)
    I currently have the Logitech G502 Hero and its almost perfect so am not looking for anything better.
    But it would be interesting to see how this mouse performs in my situ.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

16. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    That's the ticket mate in the end there is no perfect mouse just find what works for you. Most mice these days hit all the basics. Shape and weight is most important (for FPS games) and IMO wireless can be great but the right sort of cable can be just fine too. Cables really can vary, anyway I have been long out of that scene, got my controller and I'm happy lol nothing like a new challenge when you've run out of mice ;P

This has made me think... What was my last mouse, I think it was the Logitech G Pro - sent it back, so over priced no words can express. Aside from that, was a bit too small and I just prefer asymmetrical shapes - that personal preference again. If it was £60 I'd say it was a great mouse.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  17. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    I love your avatar you like kitty cats ??

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Heh yeah.
    My current kitty is born of wild stock from a farm, I'm the only person who he will let approach.
    He's wonderful though but does catch a lot of mice :p

About time for a rest.jpg
    Exploring under the house while a hole is being fixed.
    Exploring under the house.jpg

Denial likes this.
  19. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    He's absolutely beautiful - oh my gosh the poor thing!! Hopefully you got that off his head!! ;P

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Haha yeah, thanks :)
    He comes in making little skweek noises until I look at him and then laugh my head off.
    He's done this every day for the last week, I only once thought to take a photo.
    Then I peel it from him while he tries to run off lol.
    He's just as picky about removing twigs, leaves and slugs from his fur, I sometimes get bitten. He brings the forest home some days, the mess left after I brush him down!