Mount PC To Wall

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lambchop, Apr 16, 2010.

1. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    I am thinking of tidying up floor space in my bedroom and was looking in to mounting my PC to the wall...case,keyboard/mouse and monitor. Now the monitor is easy, but i am having trouble finding out how to go about mounting the case and keyboard. The only mount for a keyboard i could find is £250 or thereabouts....wtf? :3eyes: So im wondering if anyone else has went down this road and managed to mount their PC using unconventional ways, things that are not specifically designed for the role but do the job well(and are probably much cheaper). Like i said the keyboard and case are what im curious about.

Cheers

If this isn't in the right section please move, i wasn't sure where to put it.

2. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Sounds pretty sweet, kinda like a terminal.

You got me on how to do it cheaply though. Without fashioning a mount yourself of course.

Why not just do some kind of glass shelf (or whatever fits the room) coming out of the wall that the keyboard sits on? Angle it down or whatever to your taste.

I know it's not a mount exactly..Same effect though.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Hmm Ive seen some humorous pics of people literally drilling the components onto a wall.
    [​IMG]
    but thats so ghetto.

Thinking about it though, its probably best to try and get a touchscreen monitor http://us.acer.com/showrooms/touch/touchscreen.html or touch mouse pad from Wacom http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_touch.php very nice little device for $50 which can easily be mounted on a wall.

In the end...I think just building a shelf above your desk or just getting a smaller case would be best. If you have the expenses, you can even build a mini ITX gaming rig about the size of a shoebox.

Please tell me you are already using an LCD monitor and arent trying to mount a CRT?

6. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Yes it's a 24" lcd, and i would be sitting down. I wouldn't have it that high up on the wall for me to need to stand up. I guess this "sort of" depicts what i mean. This is just a pic i found.

[​IMG]

But the keyboard would be at the same height as it would if i was sitting down. The lcd will probably be a tad higher than if on a pc desk but tilted towards me. The case just to the left hand side of the keyboard, mounted of course...hope you can visually imagine what im talking about here. :) I really don't want to be spending £250+ to mount a keyboard to the wall though! http://www.pcwb.co.uk/catalogue/item/ERGOT218?cidp=Froogle :3eyes: So that is something i need to solve.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Just make a shelf and sit the tower onto it.

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Geebus, that's like 400$ USD

Why is that so expensive?

I could buy two nails, a few pieces of wood for like 30$ and make the same damn thing!

9. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    My thoughts exactly.

A couple/few right angle brackets secured to the wall studs and a piece of 1X12 about 3 feet long...Total price less than 10 dollars.

Note: conversion to your countries units of measure needed.

10. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    Make sure that when you do this, your keyboard stand adjusts in some sort of fashion. I can imagine not having any leg room because your keyboard is too close to the wall :/

Have you thought of a wireless keyboard and mouse and a TV tray?

11. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    By the way, where will you stretch your legs out, OP when you use the machine? Seems kind of a wacky idea for normal usage.

12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I agree it solves the problem of... well everything. Just make sure you screw it into the studs or you might wake up to an expensive smashfest.