419.62 Vulkan Dev Win 10 x64 SLIM + 1.1.101.0 RT Installer: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Newer versions of RPCS3 can detect Vulkan support properly without needing the location of the json file in the registry.

In other news, Vulkan runtime version 1.0.68.0 is available. Probably best paired with the 388.84 Vulkan Developer Driver with its 1.0.67 Vulkan API support, although it's working perfectly fine with the 390.77 WHQL driver which only supports 1.0.65.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.0.68.0/windows/release_notes-1.0.html

Lots of loader fixes in that version, some new extensions are supported as well though these are going to require compatible drivers of course and also games or software actually built against the new Vulkan SDK so that's going to take time.
    Nice to see NVIDIA updating their Vulkan branch drivers too. :)

EDIT: Well if anyone needs the little runtime installer.

VulkanRT.rar
    http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/f5Oevuwt/file.html

I prefer to uninstall the older version(s) to avoid them stacking, keeping only the newest since it's basically the same file with Vulkan-1.dll pointing to well in this case it'd be Vulkan-1.0.68.0.dll for this verison plus the small bits in the Program Files folder in addition to some registry tweaks for when using the full SDK though the driver side Vulkan bits handles that more with a little .JSON script file I believe.

EDIT: Which since I'm on a AMD GPU it would be these two:
    amd-vulkan32.json
    amd-vulkan64.json

As part of the driver package itself and then the previously mentioned JSON for NVIDIA's drivers in a earlier post in this topic.

Runtime installer itself is identical to what you can grab from the SDK, 1.0.65.0 for AMD and I guess 1.0.67.0 for the NV Vulkan branch driver though it would be from the Github compiled resources since the SDK installer skipped to 1.0.68.0 instead.
    (Or at least it was last I compared the two.)

It's backwards compatible anyway so I mostly just updated for possible bug fixes, new features are nice but the extensions aren't really going to see use anytime soon either. :D
    (Probably even less so for the custom NVIDIA and AMD ones, the ones here in this version seem to be global Khronos only this time.)

(And these are mostly the loader or runtime part, kinda like the DirectX runtime in a way and then the driver has the files for actually utilizing the API in software for the GPU to work with or eh horrid description I'm sure ha ha.)

EDIT:
    Well in either case both AMD and NVIDIA periodically update the Vulkan components in the driver, no idea when AMD will update to 1.0.68.0 or newer and for NVIDIA it could still be a while before the beta branch Vulkan drivers makes it into the main driver branch for which one new version should be out around February 20th but whether that's 390.xx or 391.xx remains to be seen. :)
    (Tentatively, it's taken from the Agents of Mayhem discussion thread on Steam and the latest update bringing in SLI support but they're still waiting on driver side support and that was the date they gave for that but it could change.)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Exostenza likes this.
  3. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
    could you do the minimal ver win 7 x64 for next whql release?thanks.

4. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP updated with 390.01 "free of crap" installation and 1.0.65.1 Vulkan RT installer. I've also decided to leave in a few older versions so people can easily go back drivers if they want to. I will probably leave a trail of 2 older drivers in the folder from now once the next ones come out.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Eviltoaster likes this.

5. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I've decided to add in the Vulkan developer drivers (388.84) into the folder and keep it there indefinitely (unless a better one comes out) as it seems to be the most reliable and smoothest driver according to accounts on this website. So, there will always be a "free of crap" version of it hosted up here for anyone to fall back on.

Eviltoaster likes this.
  6. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP updated with 391.05 and I am keeping 388.84 and 390.77 hosted up for the time being as they are the two best drivers available now by a long shot. I recommend not even touching 391.01/05 as nVidia has made a mess of things yet again. The VulkanRT is the same as before in 391.05.

Also, a shout out @JonasBeckman for proving the VulkanRT 1.0.68.0 installer which is hosted up although the latest nVidia drivers only support 1.0.65.1 he mentioned that there should be some fixes so maybe having that installed might be better. Its a judgement call really on your part which one to take as it is a generic installer from Khronos and not one supplied by nVidia.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    1.0.65.0 from NVIDA should be identical to 1.0.65.0 from Khronos if one were to take these and compare them.
    (EDIT: Unless NVIDIA modified their included runtimes, I should check that next time it's updated actually.)

It's just a few files for the API runtime in this and then driver itself has a Vulkan component to it too separate from the files in these runtimes but I tend to update them when there's a newer SDK available since it can take a while before AMD and NVIDIA provides a newer version with their drivers though something to note on this is that while these runtimes are backwards compatible you won't have support for the latest extensions without the driver files also supporting the new SDK. But there's often bug fixes and other features found in these that can be useful which is why I tend to keep them updated.

The SDK download website also has documentation such as the release notes. (The Vulkan loader and validation section in particular.)
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.0.68.0/windows/release_notes-1.0.html
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.0.65.1/windows/release_notes-1.0.html

And then there's the Github repository as well for the latest changes and developments though for games and software such as emulators it might take a while for them to update against the newer SDK releases if they do at all so DOOM 4 or Wolfenstein 2 likely benefits more from driver side Vulkan API improvements, fixes and optimizations rather than these runtimes for loading the API though general fixes and improvements to this and the installer itself aren't bad to have but it's overall not as important and 1.0.65.0 is already pretty up to date. :)

NVIDIA's development Vulkan drivers in particular tend to be very up to date before these changes are merged into the main driver releases down the line.
    Though Vulkan and DX12 both aren't as widespread in games currently or other software although it might change in a few years, 1.1 for Vulkan should be a more significant update too whenever that gets released after these 1.0.x fixes and bringing together a robust set of extensions both for Khronos and them specific AMD and NVIDIA ones as well.

But this package isn't just about Vulkan but also cleans out some of the extras NVIDIA bundle into the installer, it's good to have a ready made pack for that for users preferring a more streamlined install. :)

Exostenza likes this.
  8. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Updated with new Vulkan 391.10 driver "free of crap" premade driver and Vulkan 1.1.70.0 runtime installer. Sorted drivers and installers (please let me know if there are any issues with accessing shared folders).

Release notes for Vulkan 1.1.70.0

9. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP updated with 391.21 driver

Eviltoaster and Blackfyre like this.
  10. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Hi everyone, great job really, which version is the most recommended right now? ;)

11. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
    Any chance you will upload free of crap for windows 7 64bit 391.35?slow internet speed and not stable 2Mbps "100-200KBps" quota 5gb.Thanks

12. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Just uploading them now. Sorry I have been a bit slow with the updates lately. I will also try to do a better job of compressing from now on for people like you who have caps to be mindful of. Should be up in a few minutes from this post with "good" compression and I will see if I can get it down in the future with better compression.

OP updated with desktop 391.35 x64 Win10 driver and Vulkan support remains the same.

mapnam charun and endbase like this.
  13. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    looks support to vulkan 1.1 is not finished to be release to all public yet... probably we can see a new vulkan beta driver in next days

14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Yeah it only support feature set 1.0.6.1 as of 391.35 in the mainstream drivers. Will be nice to see a higher version supported soon. I am looking forward to the next Vulkan development driver as they have been some of the best all around drivers so far. You can grab the latest one in my shared folder if you want support for the latest Vulkan.

Also @ mapnam charun I tried compressing the files with the strongest compression possible and it make basically no difference so those are going to be the file sizes you are alloking at but at least you save 100 or so MBs.

mapnam charun likes this.
  15. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Hey guys, just to give back to the community I have two steam coupons I am willing to part with for free so if you want it AND WILL USE IT YOURSELF to buy the game I will give it to you for free. A little bonus for those who read the thread. Just comment below and add me (masterofthetides) on steam and I will add you and trade it to you for free. I better see that you bought the game on your account after or I will be upset! This is for fans that want to play the game and NOT for you to trade for other stuff. Just trying to be an upstanding member of the community. :cool:

25% OFF The Mage's Tale
    20% OFF Cosmic Star Heroine
    75% OFF Idle Champions Minsc & Boo Pack

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Blackfyre likes this.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    HD Audio is needed for high end AV system audio connection over HDMI.
    Not quite TV speakers ;)

17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Very nice from you (and thanks for your work here too). I don't plan on playing those games. Good luck to whoever gets the discount. Enjoy it.

18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Yeah, I am running a home theater system and definitely taking advantage of those HD audio drivers. I don't know a single person who has a TV and uses the actual speakers in them.

19. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP updated with latest Vulkan beta development driver 'free of crap' (389.20) and latest supplied by nVidia Vulkan RT Installer 1.1.70.0

20. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP updated to 397.31 free of crap added with support for Vulkan 1.1.70.0 and Vulkan RT Installer 1.1.70.0 from 397.31. Previous 2 best WHQL and Vulkan dev drivers still hosted as always.

Enjoy!