Most hyped over game that disappionted you

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sorak, Jan 27, 2009.

1. TrrXtr33m

TrrXtr33m Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260 G.Sample
    NFS Carbon - FAILED to to be anywhere near as good as Most Wanted
    Crysis - Just running around, empty!
    Far Cry 2 - Long winded and again too much running around doing nothing! (even when you can catch a bus)
    GTAIV - Boring after 30mins of playing too hyped up from the getgo

2. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I dunno GTAIV seems OK after the first half hour. To me the first half hour sucks.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i posted here before pages ago, i must also want to say that the most surprisingly awesomegame is DEFENCE GRID lol :D

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    On the PC I'd say Cryostasis is the most disappointing game I've played this year, all style and no substance with poor graphical performance to boot.

On the consoles it'd have to be the ghastly Race Pro. Sure it has fantastic handling as you'd expect from SimBin but everything else was subpar for a current generation release. To top it all the visuals and audio were atrocious. It runs at 30 fps and even manages to having screen tearing 50% of the time. Very poor IMO given that the two year old Forza Motorsport has more content, a better game structure and superior visuals and audio.

5. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Gears of War bores me quite easily. I don't know, guess im not a fan of the uber testosterone macho manly man super suit gameplay. The whole run, cover, kill locusts, repeat thing kind of got old too quick.

6. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    So basically, according to all the replies in this thread, most games are disappointing. Why even bother then...

Can't please everyone.

7. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    There have been few games that have disappointed me. Most of the crappy games I've purchased, I knew I was probably purchasing a crappy game, but bought it anyway just to try it. Usually for me, sound effects (gunfire, environment, etc.) are what make or break a game. If the players weapon has bad feedback when you press the fire button, I can't stand playing it.

Far Cry - I didn't really like this game, the combat was too easy most of the time and the sound effects were bland; however, I did enjoy its non-related sequel.

FEAR - I played this because a friend told me it was awesome, but it was much like Far Cry, easy combat, predictable "scary moments", and annoying sound effects/dull gunfire sounds.

Hellgate London - This was an almost good game. I bought it cheap, so I wasn't too disappointed by it.

There are others, but I can't think of them right now. It should be noted that I did enjoy playing these games, I just was disappointed by them.

8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Most are IMO, I don't really buy new games anymore, been spending my time playing the games I've missed over the last few years, waiting for this crap storm of new games to pass.

9. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Cryostasis here and pretty much every EA racing game since porsche challenge.

10. Treble557

Treble557 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295/8800gtx physx
    CoD5
    Bioshock
    Fallout 3
    Age of Conan
    Halo 2
    Gears of War 2
    Hellgate London

11. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    Fallout 3.....I tried, I really tried

Cryostasis Sleep of a Reason...gave me a reason to turn off my PC and go to sleep

Burnout Paradise and Undercover...did finish Undercover though

Left for Dead...call me Left for Crash

12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    NFS: Pro Street - Could have been so much better, ugh.

Halo 1-3 - I don't know, never got into it. I beat the first and didn't see how it was great. It was ok but due to all the hype I was left disappointed.

13. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870

Theres plenty of popular games I don't like but I appreciate why other people like them; in light of this personally I won't call something crap just because I don't like it, he has a good point there.

I think he has a fair point that insulting the developers and fans of a game by calling it complete crap is massive rants is arguably a bit immature.

Personally, I see the attraction but really cannot stand WoW - and thats a damn popular game.

14. Templ

Templ Guest

I agree with this, but this whole thread calls for such posts; so I think those of us who care for more than just our personal interests should retrain from reading threads such as this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
  15. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    MapleStory. Cough.

16. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    definetly far cry 2 that game was the most piece of crap ive ever seen i could note at least 1000 things wrong with the game- washed out colours/textures, terrible/humourous a.i, poor game dynamics, liniar mapping, poor construction of enviromnets, poor voice acting, bad cut scenes, swimming animation of hands bending back almost to snapping point (REALLY ANNOYS ME), gun holding animation looks wrong, sound effects need redoing, hit points on enemies need to be done again 50 shots to head wtf?!?, car sounds are ****ing horrid (the way the engine revs stupidly when an enemy approaches you) also the cars look pathetic, very very repetitave missions, enemies look the same, same bases and checkpoints at the same locations almost parralel to the other side of the map,changing of main character from original game, two enemy fractions located like 5 meteres away from each other in the same town OMFG, having to take stupid malaria medicine, pointless driving from one side of map to other in annoying vehicles, fire animation lacks excitement, the way jungle turns to desert terrain so quickly etc. Oh and the activation limit is a joke WHO WOULD WANT TO ACTIAVTE THIS POS MORE THAN ONCE?!?!?! they're having a laugh right its not even worth downloading free id rather eat my own ***** after walking through a field of manure than playing this POC again.

Overall 0/10 for FC2

im not going to go on cos ill be here a while.

17. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    I won't talk about the graphics of FC-2 because prior to playing it, the best thing graphically I had played was a X360 game -_-, since my previous PCs weren't game capable. Also FC-2 was the first game I played on this new rig.

But I agree with some of your points, why do enemies always seem to rev the engine up when they try to drive into you and missions are kind of repetitive...

But I think the malaria medicine and other things add to the immersion factor.
    I overall like Far Cry 2. :/

18. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB

I can see your point, but the thread title is "Most hyped over game that disappionted you". I think it would be more insulting to developers to say "yeah your game is great" when all the time you think it's dogsh1t. No point candy coating your opinion to please others right?

Though going on a rant might be immature. After spending money on GTAIV and FarCry2 I thought they were absolute crap. Luckily I managed to sell GTAIV on, far cry 2 I binned. Am I immature in saying that? I'm not so sure, because for me personally, it's the truth. But I'm not going to attack those games and if you enjoyed them that's great for you. Personally I feel I wasted ££.

19. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    +1 for Crysis. Sure it was beautiful, but thats all that it had going for it. Like *SPAM* a supermodel with brain damage. :p

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    fallout 3 would have made my list if i had not suspected or knew it would be oblivion with guns and vats. having played fallout 1 and 2 yea fo3 was a weak souless (for the most part) rpg. but never had overly high hopes beyond oblivion with guns and little consequences for your choices in the game.