Mortal Shell [Deep Action-RPG] (Epic Paid Exclusive)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Apr 2, 2020.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    HDR was already broken in the Beta. I'm really surprised this aint fixed yet.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    [​IMG]

Probably when i've alredy finished the game.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Ok, after 10 hours i can say the game is not really that good. I wanted to explain why but actually dont have time right now and im on vacation, so to sum it up real quick.

As someone who played (almost) every souls game;

It started decently but then went from decent to more bad very quickly.
    Game is not hard, aka. challenging. Fights are like atrittion. You have enough time to regain stamina and heal yourself, etc. Enemies and bosses also have same attack pattern, boring.
    Level Design is boring and broken at some point (no jump, so if you face the boss from the open beta, you cant go back where you coming from for a long time! and have to face at the end of that new level one of the hardest bosses). So you are forced to play the level until the end. I actually started a new game because of this really dumb decision they made in game design.
    Items/Consumables dont matter much.
    Tar/Souls farming is like a grind, you get very low, even if you constantly kill all the mobs.
    Several bugs, like Arrows hitting you though trees/walls, same with fire, also teleporting towards you even if in cover.
    You can get 4 different weapons, getting them by tearing out a page from a book where "those" are placed on the game and you die and always fight the same boss with this weapon you unlock.
    You fight bosses when drinking from a vassel, which are also placed (at the end of the level) and die, you face the boss, win, alive again, thats it.
    Story is non existent.
    Shells dont differ much execept (two actually difffers in health/stamina the other 2 are on the same level) for minor bonus or "skills" (skills persé are always the same tho)
    Weapons are unappealing (and one is utterly useless anyway!), so i used the default one the whole time.
    Enemies (mostly) only drop glimpse.

So, im not gonna play the game further. Its just not challenging nor it is very interesting. It has some potential but the core design wont change until it hits Steam, so yeah, im dissapointed and wont play this again.

If you want a proper souls game, wait for Nioh 2 on PC.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.
  4. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Another game that works like a real crap, it seems that the developers do not take the pc platform seriously lately.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    So I'm starting to get the sense that nearly all the games that take epics exclusivity money have problems on release and if they were to release elsewhere they would be called out for it, in this case via steams review system for others to see..

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.