Mortal Kombat 11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    That was an amazing fatality! Notice how it cuts to Take #19? LOL, poor [insert fatality victim name here].

What makes me laugh is how it is all portrayed as a scene in a movie and Johnny considering the victim as an "actor". That's some serious 4th wall breaking by the dev team in favor for a character. Not sure if it ever happened this explicitly before in the entire franchise. And I think it never happened like that. I'm legit trying to find another at least somewhat similar example; the only thing that comes to mind but isn't on the same level is Liu Kang's transformation into the actual Mortal Kombat 'Dragon' from the official Logo, especially seen better as such back in MK9.

jbscotchman likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This time I don't even mind the music because the story looks incredible!

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Damn.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Official Cassie Cage Reveal!

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Stahp ... you're making me want to preorder this lol.

jbscotchman likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    There is no point in resisting.

[​IMG]

lucidus likes this.
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah it's looking fantastic so far, I probably will get it next month. I just hope they don't go full retard on microtransactions.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Noob Saibot confirmed.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Damn. The story mode of this will be so good :D

jbscotchman likes this.
  10. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    My God that design is sick as FU-.

Although I really don't like that overdone 'edgy' voice, it's cringy to hear. But it's ok, I can still look at that crazy ass design and be happy. I've never been a fan of Noob Saibot but jeebus man, Ze,. Damn. DESIGN is insane. If there's one thing I'll always love about this franchise is the crazy Ninjas. It helps that coincidentally back when MK1 just got released I was going through some sort of a phase in my late childhood years / early adolescence when I consumed anything and everything about Ninjas that video games and imported Chinese Ninja movies could offer. Then that little game called Mortal Kombat came out and I saw Scorpion and Sub-Zero and got hooked to this franchise every since.

In my heart and soul I'll always be a Scorpion fan (and I do really like Sub-Zero, absolutely loved him in MK9). But I actually just love my MK Ninjas pretty much regardless of who they are just for the fact that they're present. But I WOULD really like to see more NEW Ninjas too. A Krazy move for me if they ever did that for MK11 would be to eventually bring ALL of them back, even including Chameleon (from Trilogy), who himself can morph into any of the ninjas (at least as far as I can remember, or at least the ones that were present in Trilogy to start with). That would also include the Cyborgs too. And, speaking of Cyborg ninjas, I would also love a NEW Cyborg because those have been sort of left behind after they did Sektor, Cyrax, and then just 'cybernated' Sub-Zero. How about Cyborg Reptile?! Cyborg Scorpion?! Or plain and simple just a brand new Cyborg.

Anyway, LONG LIVE Mortal Kombat is pretty much all I have to say. This is the greatest Fighting games franchise of all time for me.

jbscotchman likes this.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

very cool stuff!

jbscotchman likes this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Where is the damn Reptile?

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Every video for this game just keeps better and better!

Netherwind likes this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Alternate story endings confirmed!

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    new character revealed , pretty badass as usual

17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Interesting design, at least visually. But it feels she's a bit too much of everything at the same time. Feels like a combination (in esthetics and moves) of Tremor, Injustice 2's Swamp Thing & Poison Ivy. I mean she looks fine, but I suppose the best way to describe it is to say that she feels a bit all over the place. As if the direction for her was never clear and they just thought "Well, she's an Elder God and can do whatever, so design her with whatever you feel like..." and called it a night. She manipulates elements (Earth, Fire, Water, probably Wind too it looks like) and can change her own size at will, she can teleport and use some form of telekinesis as well (levitating rocks and so on).

In the right hands I'm sure she's going to be a nightmare to deal with.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    She looks like Enchantress in a lettuce costume :p

Have we learned anything about microtransactions in the game?

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Not totally sold on this character.

20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Same for me. I mean, I'm happy we have a brand new character... but design-wise I dunno man. I really don't know what to make of him. I'm reading some comments around the web from fans and relatively newcommers alike (to the MK franchise, some who just started with MKX or maybe MK9) and what I'm seeing is what seems to be a generally favorable 'welcoming' / acceptation of the character. Some even say that he feels like he always "belonged" to the MK universe.

But for me? Eeeeehhhhh I ... heh, huh... dunno. I'm sort of unimpressed but at the same time I'm glad it's not just some normal human mortal from Earth capable of killing an Elder God. I can definitely appreciate the visual details, his animations are smooth; he does have a specific demeanor that seems to fit him. And I'm sure he has an interesting back story (and is apparently related directly or maybe indirectly to Shao Kahn).

I suppose that my position with him is along the lines of "I'm undecided", but I'm not really impressed either. Probably right in the middle on a neutral stance. But I do prefer to be impressed right from the start though. I was absolutely pleased by Geras' design, for example. But both Cetrion and Kollector... meh? I DO feel, however, that they knew a lot more where they were going with Kollector compared to Cetrion. The more I look at Cetrion and think about her moves and powers the more she reeks of a character designed in a completely frivolous way, without much of a direction; "Let's just combine about everything that gets through our mind within the next week and let's come back on her then", then Cetrion was born in concept.

OR... or... maybe it's just because I'm an old school MK fan and I just want more Ninjas, really. I mean, yeah. I just want more Ninjas. Just a fun thought, we have yet to have a Ninja with a white color palette. And just like Mr. Boon said recently in the video where he answered about 500 thousand questions, a pink Ninja (which, why not, could also be a new female Ninja too). I always like the combination of gold and white, I'd love a white & golden inlay Ninja outfit on a new Ninja character. And yes I'm aware I've been using the word Ninja repetitively in this paragraph. Because I love my MK Ninjas.