1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortal Kombat 11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

:):):):):)

-Tj- likes this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Sick!! Cant wait,

hopefully jade, night wolf and others missing are back :D

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Could have done without that stupid music.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Track is absolutely not matching with the game

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Good trailer, I'm glad to see my boy Scorpion. Ironically, my 2nd 'main' has always been Raiden lol, and he's going to be the villain in that one. An interesting take actually, I'm all for it, curious to see where it goes story-wise. However, that "music" sucked multiple donkey tits.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    I'm a tekken player, but this crap looks awesome, hope the game won't be packed with too many characters DLC.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Once again with the abysmal music, that does not go with the theme one bit …

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Get over here :D

Pre order for Shao Kahn. Don’t make me laugh.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    you weak pathetic fool! :D

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Nice trailer but that music was awful.

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Amazing how they are obsessed with a scorpion character.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Scorpion and SubZero have been the icons of the series since the first game.
    Even though Lui Kang was the main character for the longest time, Scorpion was far more popular.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    I hope Cassie Cage returns, she was my best character in MKX.

I was never a Tekken fan but I agree the DLC for MKX was way out of control. I mean $60 bucks is a fair price for a game, but I'm not spending another $60 for extra characters and skins.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Trailer with an original music (ah much better)

jbscotchman likes this.

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    So I'm looking at the trailer again and I'm thinking of a few things for the story (as to where it might go):

- The stage in the trailer is the 'Courtyard' from MK1. It's Shang Tsung's courtyard, actually; essentially the same we see in the 2011 remake during the story mode too. It's also in the movie if IIRC.

- In the trailer, it's mostly destroyed, and the Shaolin Monks (spectators) are dead (and still in their sitting position; like they 'flash-died' instantly and kept their stance, pretty grim scene).

- It's an actual stage in the game, too. Which means it should normally be part of the story / campaign.

- Because of that, I'm starting to believe that specifically the timeline of MK1 will play a big role. I'm theorizing that even if we do revisit some timelines (MK2's, 3's, maybe 4's) that a major one will be the first MK Tournament.

- My reasoning is this: Whoever acts as "protagonist" (or more than one, like forming a team against a common threat, being corrupted Raiden this time) will travel back in time (how exactly... not sure; but given the Dark Fantasy nature of the MK universe I suspect generous use of "artifacts" and "rituals", and maybe a bit of tech as well if Earthrealm has anything to do with it) to where "It all began".

- What would be the best way to "stop" a God? (Raiden that is), well... ask help from another God, of course! That would probably be seen as a repeat from Injustice 1, but I am strongly convinced that somehow the "original" ('Good guy') Raiden will be warned / be part of the protagonist team to take on his "evil" version.

- The reason, I think, as to why the stage is that much in a bad shape in the trailer (and will probably be very much like that in the game itself) is because in the story mode the evil Raiden of course learns of the attempt of time travel to stop important events from happening (or he expected it) and "intercepts" the protagonist team on their way to MK1, and the entire bunch pretty much arrive at the same time (or very close to each others), stunning and surprising all the original combats there (including the original Raiden); only to suddenly be attacked by Evil Raiden who proceeds to discharge the world's worth of Energizers batteries into the Shaolin crowd and onto Shang Tsung's stage.

So the gist... we need help from Good MK1 Raiden to defeat Bad MK11 Raiden. We go back to MK1, things don't go as planned because Bad Raiden is pissed off as F. Now, beyond that point, however, it's kind of all over the place (potentially) IF obviously it actually even starts the way I'm thinking it would. If it is including MK1's timeline with the actual event of the first Tournament's combatants then chances are that SHANG TSUNG (MK1's) would be involved (IF he doesn't get fried on his throne when Evil Raiden shows up). It would explain why Shang Tsung returns as an actual playable fighter in MK11's roster AND would allow his inclusion in the story mode easily enough (no need for more explanation really, if we go back in time to MK1, he's there watching the combatants duke it out; all he has to do is to get pissed off at that weird "Evil Raiden" guy who just shocked all those Shaolins to death for basically being a party pooper and allies (even if just temporarily) himself with the team of protagonists to take on Evil Raiden (with the help of Good Raiden obviously).

BUT...

There could be a very nice turn of events. If I was to actually be responsible for writing it, I would SHOCK (oooooh I see what I did there, I'm proud of myself) people with a nice unpredictable twist. What would I do? Exactly as I theorize above... but Evil Raiden actually plain and simple murders an unprepared original Raiden; completely wiping out the initial protagonist team's "hopes" right before them (and in front of all other MK1 combatants who might still be there, including Shang Tsung on his throne who just can't possibly process what's actually happening like everyone else). The "twist" wouldn't just be the death of the original Raiden, but how Shang Tsung would be the one guy who turns out to be willing to help the team for taking on Evil Raiden, ending up with a "Good Shang Tsung" for most of the game, helping the others fixing the whole mess.

Anyway... just the inner MK fan in me thinking out loud here, don't pay too much attention lol.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    -Tj- likes this.
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    OMG my hype level is going into space! Dark Raiden is insane!

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    This game looks so good, it had me smiling every time they showed content. that last character , the one with the sand , was so OP omg! :D

jbscotchman and -Tj- like this.
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I cought the ending reveal of a new player, was that the reveal? Or did they show Sonya character fighting too?

Speaking of I saw baraka, scarlet, shan-sung, and that slomo locked sick.. nice fatality detail as well :cool:

Can I rewind back that live stream? I watched it on mobile and cant seem to find any playing options xD

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019