More Rocket Lake-S Gaming Benchmarks leak small differences Only

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Technically, these new CPU should be at the old MSRP, and the existing stock should be discounted to clear inventory. But then again, Pandemic X is around the bend so who knows... Intel stock is taking a beating...

3. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Master Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT Red Devil
    Intel stock is going up - I dunno what beating is going on :p AMD is going down, however.

4. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX6800XT
    Since 386SX 33Mhz, i have never bought intel cpu in my life. I have always favored AMD, even in those 13 Years when intel kicked ass AMD with i7 (oppose to FXs or Phenoms), until AMD release Ryzens. But one thing bothers me today. In Croatia Ryzen 5 5600x costs over 400$, and at the same time, You can buy intel i5 10600k for 280$??? I know (biggest AMD fanboy ever) that this AMD CPU is better in any way, but is it better for 120$ price difference? The reason i was AMD fanboy for last 20 Years and more, was exactly this reason - AMD was always cheaper ( when You compared their CPUs with equal performance intel cpu). The time has changed when most of sold CPUs are from AMD, and i don't like that. Is it reason, for that price, AMD CPUs shortage (and retailers raised their price), or AMD has raise their nose when they had a good Year behind them?

5. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Kind of a bogus test. Using 4x 3200 MT/s memory sticks on the 11700k, and 2 sticks of 2933 MT/s memory on the 10900k. Both faster ram and 4 populated slots ( which people have noticed and tested in recent months / years ) can lead to slightly better performance. Potentially accounting for any differences.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    EspHack and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3070 OC
    2x16 or 4x8 should not make huge if any difference. Both combinations should work in dual rank mod and have similar performance.
    Also running memory on max officially supported speed for both CPU is somehow acceptable because they comparing out of box and not OC performance. But for I9/i7 K-version lvl CPU i also want to see OC benchmarks

7. Kosmoz

Kosmoz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Don't look the average FPS, that's not indicative of the experience, the 1% FPS is and that determines how smooth the game will be. It's almost identical.

Like I said before: Intel Skippy Lake.

P.S. This chart has no Ryzen 5800x to show how bad it get beaten vs it. Rolf.

8. MonsterMX99

MonsterMX99 New Member

GPU:
    Intel Dead inside

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    The pricing of AMD is pretty high tbh, CPU's and GPU's are tiny bits of metal, they should not cost that much.

10. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Testing 11700k now and got a new testbios for Asus Z490 Apex from Shamino today.

The key for the performance is memoryspeed ;)

If you want low performance, use 3200mhz or lower LOL

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Maha Guru

GPU:
    that is true for every cpu/gpu ever
    not just for rocket lake
    if you manage to get rkl latency down with tighter memory config,you'll be able to do the same for cml/zen

all in all,this is the same reason why zen+/zen2 had good synthetic scores but still got beat by old ass 8700k in games.it's why people's bickering over cinebech points is always amusing to me.
    20% ipc increase.20% latency increase.evens out.
    pointless release for most of us.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  12. ColinB

ColinB New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Eagle 3070
    "CPU's and GPU's are tiny bits of metal, they should not cost that much."
    7nm tinier than 14nm......Must cost less? It's called 'market pricing'.

I think the "increase" in fps can almost all be accounted for by the raised memory speeds and 4-sticks-v-2-sticks (slight) differences. It's really a question of which outcome you're trying to present: increased IPC, or total performance. For the first, you'd have the same memory, for the second, the best (normal) memory.
    I think the main outtake from "the other review" was the sheer power, and cooling, needed to run AVX512 without throttling (or worse).

13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Maha Guru

GPU:
    yup
    if tested with same memory config 10900k would be same or better.
    not an achievement given 10700k is very close to 10900k too in most cases.

14. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Well i mean, research, company costs, people salaries... Price went up 50$ this generation, all the rest is pandemic/shortage

15. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Well i want a 5600x to replace the 2700x, but yes for 120 dollar less better the 10600k.
    This rule is always a thumb rule because usually you have a budget and you put that 120$ saved on the GPU leading to a better machine in general.

butjer1010 likes this.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    It would be nice if everyone just didn't get new CPU's or GPU's this year, truly, because...well...just because these prices really do feel exploitative.

Not saying they are, but, just saying they feel that way...it's almost as if they are protecting their share holders more than they are doing their best.

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Skippy lake indeed.
    Anyone with Zen 2, 9900, 10000 series or Ryzen 5000 should be more than fine specially since 5000 prices are getting better as availability as well.

Kosmoz and Corrupt^ like this.
  18. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    Anyone with a Zen 2, 3, Coffee and Comet is going to be quite fine for the next 3 or 4 years at least. Maybe more. Some people make it sound like a new generation coming out immediately obsoletes everything. Newsflash - it doesn't. It only makes your e-peen shorter, but there's no cure for that one.

Kosmoz and fredgml7 like this.
  19. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Don't look for rationality in stock fluctuations...it isn't there...;) Investors buy and sell according to very different paradigms.

Tom Sunday likes this.
  20. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Indeed i m getting the 5600x when is below 290 tax included.
    And that is my message to them. :D

butjer1010 likes this.