More on ROG Radeon RX Vega 64 From ASUS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD's Radeon RX Vega GPU family is finally here. The next-gen graphics chips bring upgraded compute units together with 8GB of faster HBM2 memory to push raw performance up to an 13.7 teraflops. ...

More on ROG Radeon RX Vega 64 From ASUS

2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I wish Asus would stop to waste resources on things that make the cards more expensive.
    Why should I pay more for leds when I just want the card to play games?

3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Asus has some basic reference design with the blower but without their Strix fan. I am waiting for something like that too - aftermarket cooling without all that flash nonsense. Just build it for max stable speeds.

4. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Very glad to see this feature, which I have long wanted. In fact I suggested it to AMD / Radeon at least four years ago for their reference designs. I wrote to several departments there and got zero response. Better late than never, I suppose.

And I agree about the silly lights, which I can only attribute to nostalgia for when computers were lit up internally by their vacuum tubes. Thought we were beyond that...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017

5. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I would like to know what the over clock is compared to the reverence design.

6. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    "I wish Asus would stop to waste resources on things that make the cards more expensive.
    Why should I pay more for leds when I just want the card to play games? "

same should be said about all the bling and excess they throwing on motherboads like all manufacturers these days to make it pretty for a premium and sadly high end boards you cant just say i dont want the bling that I wont see when its hiding in the case.... welcome to how things are now sadly

7. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    totally agree - should have kids dept and adult sales dept. Waste of r@d money, give us a card and m/board with great big discounts for adults only :wanker:

8. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    This RGB fad will pass ... one day.

Remember the 70's DISCO age ? Everyone wearing colorful clothes and blingy shiny things? It passed... eventually.

9. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    At least RGB is better than the eye destroying blue LED fad from the early 2000s.