Monster Hunter: World

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiplashwang, Jul 9, 2018.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Dude? Have you ever played a CAPCOM game on PC???

They have gone on record and stated that they love working on PC as there is a lot more freedom and a lot more power to use. All of their RE games on PC have been adequate/great ports (apart from RE4 original release which was handled by Ubisoft). Lost Planet games were great too and Lost Planet 1 was one of the first games to use DX10 at the time. Street Fighters all perform great too, and they actually listened to the fans and gave us a great port of Vanquish. Sure they have had a few issues with missing content but that has been addressed for the most part.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

My t-rex win, :p 3rd time was the charm.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not just poorly optimised but also beaten by the Xbox One X version when it comes to overall texture quality (the PC has some lower resolution assets) and screen space reflections (which are currently broken on PC).

The game ran poorly on the Xbox One X - there is no option for a locked 30 fps in any of its graphics modes so you get a jerky experience no matter what you choose - so the only reason it is better on my PC, bar the graphical bugs/oversights, is that I have G-SYNC so the game feels significantly smoothly and more enjoyable to play than it ever did on my X.

4. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Well judging from the DF video they failed here. And no ultrawide support and they're not even answering questions regarding 21:9 resolutions on their support pages. Love working on PC? They love money like all big publishers. End of story.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    So? You think that boss was hard? And everyone must know and see? lol..

Typical "only bashing on boss" noob. Use your environment more...over 30 minutes and with help? Hmm. Have fun with the later bosses, haha.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yup tru noob. ;p

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Note that the XBox now supports FreeSync though. (Although it's kind of the poor man's implementation of freesync due to apparent lack of LFC. But still better than nothing.)

9. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I'd like some enlightenment about how ammunition types work, and more importantly why some of them have a red " X " on their icon.

So I've been mainly using the Light Bowgun (and also the Heavy Bowgun, albeit a bit less than the Light one). I understand how to craft ammunition and how to 'upgrade' Level 1 types to Level 2. So far that's fine. However, in my Pouch (or in my Box) I have some ammunition types that are marked by that red " X " I mentioned above. Now obviously I do assume that it means that I just cannot use those ammunition types... yet.

So, my questions are:

1) Am I actually missing something and I'm actually supposed to be able to use those ammo types?
    2) If, in fact, I indeed cannot use them (yet), then when (and how) will I be able to use them?
    3) I assume that it might also be dependent on the Weapon type itself? (I.E. if I Forge a specific Light Bowgun in a specific Tree, then it might only be able to use specific types of ammo, while another one from a different Tree would be able to use different ammo types?)

One thing specifically confuses me more than anything, however.

At the Smithy, there's a 'list' of "compatible" ammunition types I can look at for specific weapons (I don't recall what it's called, but I can search for that by pressing 'C' on weapons when I look at them, and it opens up a menu with stuff to choose from; that's where I check for the compatible stuff). The thing is, when I check THAT specific list of compatible ammunition types for MY Light Bowgun (the specific one I use) the list actually says that essentially ALL ammunition types are compatible. BUT... there's a bunch of red X's on their icons in my Pouch, and they just don't even appear in the actual list of selectable ammo when I scroll through them during missions by pressing 'Q' and opening the ammo list (even if I do have them in my Pouch, they just don't show up in that Q list at all).

I'd highly appreciate it to have some answers about all this if anyone can please, thanks.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it's called the bowgun you should have 2 of them if you pre-ordered the game (i think )

and boy the bowgun is hard to use against fast monsters , big and slower ones are so easy to target

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Anyone tried the hotfix driver with this game?

12. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    found a 90usd 3770k online, got it and oc'd to 4.3Ghz and its much smoother experience than 4.2Ghz 3570k, the game really likes all those threads and it also eliminated the 100% cpu usage lockup during game game bootup (capcom logo), also minimizes my framedrops and stutters

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Followed by blaming piracy on pc for lack of effort placed into port and lack of support after broken ass game is released. Time and time again.

Whiplashwang likes this.
  14. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I have some questions.

1) Is it normal to never see anyone else in the hub but myself?

When I create an 'Online Session' and make sure that my session is not private, that means that people can see it, I get that. However, whenever I invite someone from my friends list they don't actually appear in Astera? The game functions, I mean we're together. He's "in" my session with me, but if I'm in the Tradeyard and he's there too on his screen we're not seeing each other? I don't get that. I can Post quests, he can, too. I can join his Quests, he can join mine. But the hub itself is... a separate instance for ONE player at a time? Additionally, even if I join a session (via Matchmaking, from the list of available games with the number of players shown) with something like 10 players, the hub is STILL empty?

I'm asking about this because I clearly remember seeing Streams of the console version of the game a few months back where the hub was filled with people all doing their own thing around the place. It doesn't seem to be the case for the PC version... ? I'm confused about this.

2) Still related to online play. When I create a session (again, not a private one) and then post a Quest and make sure that the number of players is at least 2 or more for said mission and then proceed to wait for more players to join my team there's NEVER a single person coming. Ever. And I do mean ever. The ONLY way I've had so far for people to join me is to specifically join my friend's session (or he joins mine) and we post quests and communicate whenever it's ready and we join and play together. But so far even if I wait 10+ minutes (tried it 3 times) NO ONE, not a single soul shows up. What am I doing wrong here?

3) When I am the one trying to JOIN quests for multiplayer and check the Quest Board for them, the ONLY ones I can join are the "SOS" missions. When I click that mode I do see the available quests posted by various players online. BUT... when it comes to "regular" (non-SOS) missions (from the "Available Quests" option just above the SOS one) there's literally a window popping up that says something like "No quests posted". It ALWAYS says that. Alright, so WHY then can I see SOS missions, but not regular ones? That part, too, confuses the crap out of my brain.

4)
    When I Post a quest where I can send an SOS Flare and then actually send an SOS Flare... there's NEVER a single person showing up, ever. Similar to the situation from point #2 above. I can join SOSes, but no one ever joins mine (except my one friend I play with, but that's just because we organize ourselves ahead of time and we tell each others what we're going to play or try; I'm just referring to strangers plain and simple seeing my SOS and joining it... NO ONE ever shows up even if I let the quest go for 30+ minutes whenever I have a 50 mins limit to do it).

-------

5) This one is not about multiplayer but confuses me nonetheless (a bunch of things indeed confuse me in this game lol). It's about armors and elemental resistances (or precisely, how they're calculated; and what the actual numbers mean / represent). When I started the game I had this 'neutral' Origin set of armor. Well, I call it "neutral" because all elemental resistances are set at 0, with the full set on. Alright, so starting from that point (as a reference) is the only thing that makes sense for me.

Ok so recently I Forged myself a bunch of pieces from the Lumu set. Now, here's the thing... ONE piece of the Lumu set has minus three under Fire resistances. Alright, so far so good yeah? It's just -3, ain't too bad (I tell myself anyway). So I keep adding the rest of the pieces I made, it's basically all of them except the Coil (not enough resources to make that one). So, when I add (equip) EACH pieces of the set one by one, I do indeed see -3 being stacked each time, that's normal (I tell myself, again). So, two pieces of the Lumu set (helm and chest at this point) brings my Fire resistance to -6, as expected. Alright, so, now Lumu vambraces, Fire is at -9, ok that's cool, expected. And now, the Lumu greaves (since I don't have the Coil), Fire goes to -12. Ok, all working as it should (mathematically that is).

Now, I want to bring my Fire res back up a bit, I decide to go make myself the Anja set Coil, because ONE piece of the Anja set gives +3 to Fire resistances. So I equip it...

Ok, now... ermmm... (this is the confusing as F- part), my Fire resistance is at ... -3? Whut? I had -12, +3... hmmmm... unless mathematics changed in the past couple of days last time I checked -12 + 3 does not equal -3. I should have -9. But, evidently, the game is way too bad ass for math, so there let me give you -3 instead? I don't get it. Now obviously I'm jesting a bit here (toward the game, and the devs too) but there's obviously something that is NOT explained by the game (or its tutorials) on HOW the Resistances in this game are calculated and from which value is it calculated from (is it calculated from a neutral Zero, or is it calculated differently from another starting point).

Additionally, WHAT is the value representing? Like, WHAT is -3 anyway? Is it literally just an extra 3 points of damage I'm taking if I'm 3 points in the negatives? Or is that a percentage? Is it -3 PERCENT? Is it... 30%? The ONLY "test" I managed to conduct recently for this was to keep my set as it is (all Lumu pieces with ONE Anjanath piece, having my Fire Res at -3) and battling an Anjanath only to get literally ONE shot killed by ONE of his fire breathing attack (which NEVER one shot killed me before that test I did). So I DO suspect of course that having -3 to Fire Res does not simply mean three single points of extra damage (I.E. if Anja's fire attack would do 200 flat damage to me normally, it would then do 203 damage instead; yeah that's definitely not the case).

-------

Alright that's it (for now... 'cause I'll probably keep asking about more things as I play more; there's a lot of things in this game that aren't very well explained or detailed).

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I can only answer 1) and the thing is you only see other players in Gathering Hub area, not entire Astera.

Similar to Base of Operations in Division where you and your friends are invisible if in BoO unless in the Terminal area.

As for the rest I'm just as confused. Plus haven't gotten to play much yet.

Armor resistances probably have different scaling for different pieces, ie. chest armor accounts to more defense / resistance than others.
    So total isn't a simple sum of armor pieces but this is just me guessing.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What do you mean by using the environment more? And would you kill that thing?

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Dude, have you played Monster Hunter on PC? It's a messy pile of turd

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Go up high, jump on monsters, mount. Slide from sightly higher terain onto them, jump, mount. Also, no one said you need to fight in "the exact location" where you 1st meet them. Lure them to a better fitting spot where you can use your envoirnment more, like worldlife or using traps from Grimalkynas. Build traps with "poisened" food, etc. There are so many possibilties.

What do you mean with would you kill that thing? You mean kill or catch? Guess not. But about that, always catching except i need material which you only get by carving the body, like gems.

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

You can get Gems from caps.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've just spent seven hours in game so I'm far from being an expert. I have managed to jump on the back of a monster once but idk how I did it really until now when you told me.

Well since you said that the guy was just using one technique (beating the monster) and you said it was wrong, I asked if how you would have killed it since it sounded from you that there is more to the game than bashing with a weapon.