Monster Hunter: World

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiplashwang, Jul 9, 2018.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried that last night , the game launched in SDR !!

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Can someone help?

If I got a quest with a specific goal like finding a spot for a new camp, why isn't it written on the map? Is there ever a "quest marker" on the map or are you always supposed to roam around until you find it? Also I joined this murhsroom gathering quest but once again there weren't on the map so I had no idea where to look. Luckily I randomly found some but maybe that's the way to do things?

3. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I'm new to the game myself but the way I understand it, for your questions it would go like this:

1) About the spot for a camp. That's an "Assigned" quest I think, isn't it? The blue ones, it's basically the 'campaign' quests. I remember doing that one in the Ancient Forest, and from what I recall I had to meet up with the male NPC that often accompanies us at the beginning. He kept calling for me and got to a spot on the map where it was decided that the camp would be. Doing that I think 'unlocks' the second spawn point for the Ancient Forest map (when we start I think we only have one camp, the Southern one; so doing that quest should "create" the Northern one if I'm not mistaken). So yeah basically you don't actually have to roam around and decide yourself where the camp spot is, it's scripted; so I think you need to meet up with that male NPC during that quest.

2) About the mushroom gathering quest, so that's probably the one given by the Moewscular Chef at the hub's Canteen yeah? So, the way those quests work (the ones where the NPC would have a yellow exclamation point on their head) is that they give you a "gathering" quest indeed, BUT... you then have to go to the Quest Board, and specifically select "Optional" quests there in the menu. Within the Optional quests you have different difficulties (1 star, 2 star and 3 star). Check each one of them, and one of them should have that one specific mushroom quest. You'll then leave the hub for the Ancient Forest to specifically just do that quest, and once completed you'll leave back for the Hub.

When you gather materials for those gathering quests the items don't go to your Pouch (your inventory), they are instead automatically delivered and you don't need to manually "turn in" to the NPC like you would in most RPGs or MMOs (thank God for that one!). If you're specifically doing that mushroom quest for the badass cat Chef at the Canteen then open your map in the Ancient Forest and check around for red'ish interrogation marks (on the map), they should be named "Unique Mushroom Colony" or something along the line, just hover the cursor on one of those and press 'C' on it to "pin" (mark) it. Then just follow your bugs trail to it. You'll need to gather 20 of those I think, you'll have to check around for all the mushroom colonies of the map (there's 4 or 5 I think), and you'll end up collecting just 20 exactly for the quest (I actually did that quest this morning).

So yeah, just don't forget to sort of "activate" your Optional quests via the Quest Board (cause you don't "have" the quest per se after just speaking to an NPC with an interrogation mark on their head, this game's questing system is pretty unique and isn't like your typical MMORPG where everything sticks to your journal and you can do everything at the same time).

AsiJu and Netherwind like this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for the extensive answer.

Indeed the NPC told me to follow him and once I did I got a quest for killing a monster and after that the camp was "freed"

About the mushrooms, didn't know about the exclamation marks so I'll check for that.

I've got a few "Resource" quests activated like "gather 4 mushrooms" or "kill 7 small animals". I could activate 6 of these. I'll check the optional quests.

I must say that this game is quite complicated with all the stuff that's going on. Like you say, not your typical MMO.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea the camp quest the NPC dude will say "hey over here" then there will be a green dot where he is, i was wandering around never followed him lol. but you can see him on the map.

and for the gather quests resources respawn pretty quick on maps if you find a spot with a few of the mushrooms or whatever you can just wait the 5 min or w/e the repop is and run back and forth collecting. I was wandering all over but got the quest done with like 4 minutes left, when i figured out that the respawn was rather quick.

Just had my first go with anjanath died twice early on till i figured out his basic patterns, got him back to nest sleeping and he killed me right at the end quest fail :(.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah there's a lot to take in as a newbie!

Thankfully no XP pool or character level ups on top of all else.
    This way the game is a polar opposite to KCD as you can only level up your gear and not your character.

Played for a few hours and liked it, MHW is also surprisingly cute which is a nice counterbalance to say Dark Souls.

Combat is methodical but fluid, though the fact you can lock on but still aim your attacks manually takes a bit of getting used to.

All weapons are completely unique so a lot to try out! Upgrade system seems quite complicated... managed to make my Bone Shotel lvl 2 but next levels are not available yet.

Maybe research needed?

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    think but not sure that the ??? in progress stuff is a beastie you not killed yet to get the parts you need.

but pure guess since i am a noob also.

8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Since i have nothing to lose, i tried this and voila

it doubled my framerate on mine on several scenarios. One worthy example is the opening in the ship, it was running at 30+ to 50FPS throughout that place till going to the new world on high-mid settings but now it maxes at 75fps (my monitor vsync) aside from occasional 45fps drops and very heavy areas and combat, CPU usage was same at 90+%

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Just play the game. You will find the locked parts for next weapons from the tree from new bosses you encounter in the world, etc.

AsiJu likes this.
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    DF video is out. It doesn't look good. Bad optimization. It transforms your 1070 from an excellent 1440p card, into a bad, sub-60FPS 1080p card. You need to drop to 900p or lower.

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    not really surprised, its a 2 year old card i dont expect it to run 1440p everytime on every game

12. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Gameplay looks terrible to me. I watched some vids and it was a guy humping a dinosaurs leg for 5 minutes before it died.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Given that no newer cards are available, that is complete nonsense. For a GPU to be considered obsolete, a replacement for it is needed.

There is none at this moment.

- The game you sold me runs slow.
    - We know. Your GPU is outdated. Our game is made for a GPU that doesn't exist.

F'in A.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nvidia latest Hotfix + the game's 60fps lock = very smooth gameplay @ 4k

15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Friends and i have been playing it on the PS4 and having a blast. They are willing to move to the PC version but is it worth it ?

Any thoughts ?

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well since the fps was not great on consoles even with the spotty fps on pc the game is smoother in general.

Depends on your hardware and well your drivers in some cases. You got a top of the line pc or near it your going to get good fps.

Middle or lower end you are going to hit denuvo limits that will hurt you and you are going to need to turn settings etc down.

Not to rule out capcom trying to update the game that might net some gains.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ok, I've put some 7hrs into this game now and I like it more and more. I found myself just doing resource gathering quests to get upgrade material for my armor. The combat is strange but you get used to it but I still have not figured out all one hundred different systems in place. There's an overwhelming amount of them and they are not always well explained and even if they are you forget about it since you get tutorial after tutorial. For example I don't know why if the gear I tried crafting for my cat is better or not than what I already have.

The game obviously plays better on PC if you've got the hardware to back it up. Having 60 fps instead of some 35-45 can only be seen as an upgrade.

18. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    eh doesn't matter if there is no new GPU, the pattern has been like this for eons, a card cant always be "THE 1080/1440/4K card"

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Especially when a game sucks at optimization.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Anjanath dead, uploading a video i might post later game plays fine here. ;p