Monoprice M1070 Planar Headphones for $239

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Chastity, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Available from their Ebay Storefront, or Walmart.com.

Anyone looking for good headphones for music, gaming and movies at around the $200 mark, just don't bother looking any further. Construction is fine, cables are removable with 3.5" plugs for L/R, stock cable is actually quite nice. Sound is energetic, and a bit in one's face, but in a good way. Bass extension is authorative; if you are a bass head, these respond very well to EQ. So far I use them with no EQ, and using the lambskin pads. (They also have velour)

Been comparing these to my DT-1990 Pro, and they definitely compete easily, with better bass. Mids/vocals on these are intimate and tonality is correct. Still I need to use them for a few days more to allow for brain adjustment before I do any EQ work. (if needed)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monolith-M...phones-Lightweight-Plush-Earpads/392838963557

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monopric...movable-Earpads-106mm-Planar-Driver/765763654

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I can advise to at least TRY planar headsets.

I got my Audeze Penrose Wireless with PLANAR speakers. LOVE it.

I use it for everything - zoom, streaming, video calls, but music, gaming and movies are awesome with SB X-Fi3 MB in HEADSET mode for more than 2 channels.

The technical quality is amazing.

Chastity likes this.
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Additional info:

5 year warranty, comes with 2 sets of ear pads: lambskin and velour. (Yes, they are not pleather) Headband does a nice job distributing the weight, and I can wear them comfortably all day, despite being 580g. The pads core is spacious, and I don't suffer from overheating, even with the lambskins. The clamp is light, so you may need to flex the band a bit to improve it.

Sound signature is not polite. It's aggressive, detailed, and engaging. I found them to be even more energetic than my DT-1990 Pro, which is an accomplishment. Mids are prominent, but in a good way. Bass has depth and rumble, esp with the leathers. Treble has a touch of airyness, but isn't sibilant or harsh. Been using them for 2 days w/o any EQ, and if I do end up making adjustments, they will be minor ones.

Valken likes this.