Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    It does not engage you mean ?

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah, in other words selecting it in the options doesn't enable it. FXAA + object motion blur option at least.

EDIT:
    Never mind... I'll just disable it and the blur and use SMAA.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
  4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Is it just me or is the in game benchmark really inaccurate? My min FPS can very as much as 10 every time I run it.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's pretty meaningless in this game. Small stutter/pause when steaming new stuff and it drops down for a split second (how much is completely random). It's probably better to ignore it.

6. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Hi i just completed the main storyline of the game. A bit short and the final boss sauron himself was a disappointment. Anyway just to diverge from the topic for those who try to compare this game to say dragon age inquisition which is also another game to tap into the fantasy genre it's really unfair to compare that game with shadow of mordor. The shadow of mordor is part of the LOTR folklore and as you know LOTR is obviously very famous back when tolkien was alive and right now where they have completed 3 movies on the main storyline and are currently going to complete the final movie on 3 additional big releases for the LOTR storyline involving big name hollywood directors, actors, actresses and the funding theses studios have. Obviously games based on these movies and the storyline don't need to think up of much. The premise is basically in middle earth, include the usual characters that everyone knows like sauron, gandulf etc and the usual places like gondor etc while dragon age doesn't have the luxury at all.

Back to the game itself. Completed the main storyline. Disappointed that it was quite short, last boss was a letdown but at the same time relieved that it is over since when i start playing new games i can easily take up all my free time in days/weeks etc all gamers know what i mean. I like the fact that it's more action oriented over storyline so you don't really have to go through alot of dialogue compared to dragon age and the storyline is told through cutscenes with additional information on characters, monsters, places which can be accessed via option menu.

I don't recall why but i think i either had my 5970 installed or was it the 4870x2 and the game couldn't play i think it was the 4870 x2 installed cos it doesn't support dx11 but anyway i got my 970gtx and it runs perfectly at max settings.

My screen runs at a max res of 1920 x 1200 but was surprised it could go higher than that at 200% settings i think that's the 4K res. Of course i didn't run it higher than 1920 x 1200 cos it's good enough. Anyway set everything to max and ran the benchmark and here's the results. Cpu speed was at 4.3ghz i think. While watching the bench everything was smooth.

Great game btw. I had far cry4, dragon age inquisuition and assassin's creeed unity installed but i chose to play this game over the rest. :banana:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  7. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    The problem is that the Benchmark works perfectly but the game runs pretty bad since the last patch, I I played well when I came patch which enabled sli now tried to play the DLC and the performance is very bad, the last patches have broken complete the game to all this is the fact that Nvidia does nothing to fix this so we are left with a broken game on the shelf.

8. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I didn't apply any of the patches though. The game ran perfectly except for one time my main character got stuck on a wall and couldn't move at all so i had to quit and game and reload it again.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Broken? really I completed this game for the first time around 2 weeks ago, ran the entire thing on a 670GTX with settings on high and the game was fautless, ran butter smooth during the whole time (60FPS for most of the time, I know because I had FRAPS running in the background to catch some of the frankly awesome combat to show off to my mates) and had zero issues even on stints lasting upwards of several hours. In fact it is one of the least broken... scrub that it showed no signs of being broken at all.

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Have to bump this and fully agree because of the AWESOME experience I had with this game.

I bought it on release day and played the heck out of it for weeks. Not a single issue, hiccup, stutter, CTD or anything like that. All settings maxed except textures set to high. FPS capped at 60 with V-sync on ran like glass and still does.

This game reminded me that PC games can actually be well made on release, unlike those who will not be named...

11. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I'm back to playing this game again after playing a few other new games and am just as awestruck as the first time I played it.

Flawless performance, all max with fxaa in game and it never drops below 60fps. The gameplay is buttery smooth and seamless as well.

I compare all other games to this and they all falll short, always full of bugs and stuttery performance with major pop in etc.

12. geoman88

geoman88 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF
    I love this game, and the optimisation is perfect, too bad there is no lord of the rings soundtrack on it.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    5.2GB patch released.... is there patch notes or is this just downloading DLC that will hide behind a pay wall?

EDIT:

Yep mainly DLC

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  14. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finally, been waiting for that DLC..

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Can't wait to get my rig running, I'm already sitting on this game and a season pass for it, I'm already anxious to bash some orc head :D

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    with my new 980 i can run alll max which is interesting feeling.

when u cant run u feel sht. when u can run all max u feel MEH. but E-Penis is satisfied i guess.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The update was 8.1 GB on my PS4 then I had the 5.2 GB for the PC version!!! Both those were hogging all my bandwidth for most of last night! /eeeeek

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Has the DLC been released? it's still showing that it's locked in game.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I hate this, I am not ever going to buy this DLC as the game it self to me was a gigantic turd of a game that got way more praise than it deserved.

Why force us to download something we will never buy!!

Just give us the patch fixes and that's it.

Sorry I don't like the game it just felt like it copied too much from other games and introduced nothing new apart from the nemesis system which was great at first but just got extremely annoying, boring and repetitive.

20. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    You sound like a kid from a show called "Caillou".

"IIIIHate thiis" he says. Sounds familiar no?