Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Tnecniv

Tnecniv Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Haha, thanks, am enjoying it a lot so far, and yeah, it is a lot better for me with controller also at keeping those hit streaks alive!

Indeed, sometimes I'll even use both - like in FarCry3 I'll be on Kbm while on foot, then switch over to controller while in vehicle.

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
  3. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I like Celebrimbor's story, can't wait for the DLC to be released to play it.

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Instead of a glimpse of previous events into celebrimbor's life I'd like an entire game/dlc to play as celebrimbor and experience his story.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The Bright Lord DLC :p

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Well its a DLC so idk how much plot it will have. Quite honestly I see Celebrimbor's entire story being worthy of a full game, perhaps a prequel.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordors-first-full-dlc-reve/1100-6423264/

9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I hope it's long enough to cover it all, I was more interested in killing orcs until the game started to get more in depth with Celebrimbor's story.

@JonasBeckman, thanks for the update :)

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    God I so want to play this game by now, but I must wait for the new rig at christmas, don't want to play with PS3 graphics. Must... wait....

11. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i can play med/high at 1920/1200 with dsr just fine which is way better than a ps3 lol

graphics IS NOT the priority for me over game play, i couldn't care less about wanting to play @ 4k on ultra graphics

i used to want to upgrade to the latest and greatest but graphics and resolution i don't care about as long as a game is FUN :)

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    this game gets super boring half way through

13. Lancegrim

Lancegrim Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760 / 2 GB
    Realy? I thought the excact opoosite. The new landscape and the branding ability gave me a huge boost in gameplay. I just loved finding warchiefs with Bodyguards and luring them in huge traps ^^

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    The ending was pretty lackluster. That's my only issue with it.

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    All I'd want to have is high/ultra graphics at 60fps, for now, and my rig won't do that ;)
    Better save it for some other time, when the extra content is around, bugs have been reduced, and I can enjoy what the engine has to offer.

16. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:

i suppose at the end of the day its each to their own :)

also 40fps is my aim, 35 at bare minimum .. my eyes aren't brilliant anyway and unless the game engine stutters like mad i cant tell the diff between 40 and 60fps

guess im lucky in a way but unlucky in another lol oh well

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  17. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I started a second playthrough. It took a lot less time to do the missions now that I know all the mechanics and environmental tricks etc. Also I failed a few mission on my first time through because I wasn't entirely sure of the mission parameters. I always make sure I complete the optional objectives too which means you don't have to do so many of those side missions with freeing slaves ( which constantly generate ).

I am up to the last mission of the first area and have done all side missions and have only played for about 10 hours.

18. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    @EpicLoss

The moment you take a high end GPU like GTX960 or something newer, you'll kick yourself saying 'wtf? I thought I can't see 60 yet here I can't live without 144' lol

As an owner of a 9400GT once, I used to preach 25fps is perfectly playable lololol. Man never wanna go back to those days ever again.

Also everything low with basically vegetation strands disabled, a 560Ti should get around 77-80fps at 1080p, tested on my living room rig :)

19. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    i cannot commit to low lol that's just wrong but still im not going to run out and buy a new vid card to get some extra fidelity until i absolutely have to and i know that time is coming ;)

20. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Just want to add some input about performance:
    I'm using a 660Ti and my frames are not grand. The game seems pretty processor intensive due to the number of NPCs. When I merely look in the direction of a fortress, my frames dip dramatically. My CPU is no longer overclocked, and I am quite certain that is the problem. It's an i7 920 @ 2.66 stock clock. So just keep in mind CPU power plays a large part of performance for this game as well.

I'm also running at 1920x1200.

EDIT: Fantaskref, just saw your rig in your sidebar. You aren't comfortable playing the game with that setup at 1080?!?! Your performance would crush mine. But I guess if you're getting a new rig.... want to throw that rig my way? :p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014