Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    fraps is old, no idea why people still use that program anymore. I don't think its been updated in over a year or more. Don't expect it to always work in newer games using newer mods.

Like I said try using the sweetfx built in one. Check the injector.ini file for the key to take a screenshot. Hit it a couple of times in the area you want. ALT+TAB out of game and check to see if it worked.

If I use print screen button, dxtory, afterburner to take screenshots neither show up sweetfx settings.

2. Xanvast

Xanvast Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    The sweetfx effects do show up with the built in screenshot function but that's not a viable solution I don't want to get 30mo bmps...

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    30MB!!!??

WTF? I take screenshots using this and the max size I have seen is 10MB normally around 7-8MB.

What resolution you at, I am at 1080p maybe its your resolution that is causing high file sizes.

Also, you do know you can just open up those .bmp files in paint and them save them as .jpeg and the file sizes will be halved.

EDIT:

Actually just tested this with a few screenshots I took of Borderlands 2. The .bmp file that was created was 9.4MB I opened it up using paint, saved it to desktop as .jpeg and the file size didn't halve. It went down to 712Kb.

I opened both .bmp and .jpeg up and put them side by side and whilst there was a slight difference in IQ it was barely noticeable.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  4. Xanvast

Xanvast Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    30 mo is for 4k, at 5k it's around 65. As I said it's not viable I take between 200 and 1000 screenshots per game and to this point I never had this problem with fraps it's probably tied to the game.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Probably. Do what I did and try and open them up in paint and save them as .jpeg and see what file sizes you get doing that.

It is a bitch to do with every photo and you do take a lot it seems. But it probably won't hurt doing it with just this one game :)

6. Canzah

Canzah Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    I think you people trying to use SweetFX forget to turn off Afterburner/Xfire/OC Guru or any similar applications which inject ingame.
    Nvidia Shadowplay also breaks it so you need to uninstall GeForce Experience.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    afterburner does not conflict with sweetfx... RTSS does.

8. Canzah

Canzah Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    I stand corrected, still I know that Shadowplay conflicts with Boulotaur's sweetfx.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    14 hours in and so far 27% overall completion. While the game is basically a hybrid of assassins creed and batman, I'm enjoying it very much. Its a good mix of stealth and combat which is essential to master especially when you're fighting 40+ orcs at once. The nemesis system is original and I can see future games copying it. Overall so far I'm glad I bought it on launch day and feel its easily worth the 50 bucks.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Agreed.
    I grabbed it through GMG and used a coupon, only cost 35 bucks. But it is easily worth every penny. I'm about 8 hours in, at 15%... I find I'm spending more time exploring, doing the hunting and survival challenges.
    Side missions, stumbling upon random Orc and Uruc Captains.

Monolith... while it may be a licensed title, it's good to see the quality is still there.

11. Canzah

Canzah Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
  12. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    970-G1 SOC 1.5Ghz/8.2Ghz
    Good game. I was pretty sad to find out most of the cut scenes are just movies.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Ahh, finally I get an idea of how this game plays :D
    I still wasn't sure what to think of it, since I haven't read any reviews so far. I still have no idea who the protagonist is, but I guess that's what I'll see when I get the game with my new rig around christmas.

14. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    Fastone image viewer will allow you to resize a whole folder with a few clicks.

FRAPs was probably automatically resizing your pictures, maybe there is a setting for it? That would explain the file size difference.

Can't the built in sweetfx screenshot tool be setup to save as different file types etc...?

30MB is a somewhat typical file size for a raw uncompressed 4k screenshot.

15. karth222

karth222 New Member

GPU:
    I don't even have GeForce Experience installed , and i dont have any of the programs mentioned installed , none of the sweetfx that i tried work for this game ... if theres a premade pack with all the files besides that one can you please link one , one that is used and works .

16. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    That look like ****.

17. chuuey

chuuey Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 660Ti Power Edition
    Yeah

18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    This is GOTY for me so far.:)

I love how good this looks........ effects are sweet!

Lots of depth too...

I'm getting my ass kicked now... lots to learn..

This is true next Gen stuff..

Great job to the Developers...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Ironically, they look far better on PS4, which I was playing last night, simply because the game is also running at 1080p but, unlike the PC version, has some post-process AA which means there is a less jarring difference between the FMV cutscenes and the in-game graphics.

You still have the problem of the cutscenes not showing the outfit (Dark Ranger one) you are wearing though but that is obviously something the developers did not consider when making this game. :bang:

20. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I'm running 1080p on PC..I'll have to check that out.