Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I can totally agree with that - frametimes reveals a Whole lot more than fps :)

A game running at 30 fps with constant 32 ms frame latency, will after all seem a Whole lot more fluid than a game running at 60 fps, but with frametimes bouncing between 4 and 50.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    C'mon man. is this the best u guys can come. such positive talking. pointing other way. i can indeed do that. iam not asking for an advice. iam smart and old enough. thank you.

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Obviously a hardware forum will attract people who are more interested in hardware / perfromance, and their interests in games will obviously reflect that they are more interested in performance, rather than gameplay... so really, it shouldnt come as a surprise to you :)

4. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    because this is a hardware site and forum first, gaming after everything else, also what are performance penalties for adding FXAA trough nvidia control panel?

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    ^^^ This.

That is exactly the reason I post on this site...because I know that I will find out how well a game runs, how best to tweak it and so on. I save my gameplay discussions generally for Eurogamer.net, though I do like to also post my gameplay impressions on here too. Technical stuff comes first though.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Exactly.

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Using this forum with hastags would be awesome, i could filter out everything related to #fps #textures and #tech :D

But yeah, i get the point

@BIGTIME:

There is no 'poison archer' for us, the orc captains are randomly generated for everyone. In general if you cant seem to slay an orc captain on your own, find his orc bodyguard connected to him and brand him. Then make him betray his master and be there when the duel starts. You then just have to make sure you dont die and help where you can.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  8. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    I am surprised people still know what they were intended for.

9. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    I can't even play it:wanker: It crashes after 5-10mins. Seems others have the same problem looking at the Steam forum. Really really annoying as the framerate is at a constant 60fps. I've been through so many "fixes" but none of them work for me. Maybe I could try going back to an older driver, but at the moment I can't be bothered after spending so long to get it to work.:bang:

10. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 GALAX
    So, is there any good open world pc game since AC that doesn't use AC formula?

11. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080

Since a lot of people posted their benchmark I thought it would be cool to post how it runs on my system, for those who had a similar configuration that were curious.

Didn't mean to create a problem mate.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    All well and good except branding does not get unlocked until what halfway through the main story? Until then some of these guys are ridicilous nm that they seem to have pagers that alert every captain in 5 counties and their bodyguards.

Had one guy pl 5 i think pull him off to some abandoned little corner no orks around he get a few scrubs ok minute later another captain shows up then another then another then another i think 5 or 6 captains got xp for my kill it was so silly i could not even locate the one i was trying to kill after a bit and dead.

Respawn is OP also as a guy that likes to clear an area you do not even need to go very far before you get repops.

the actual combat having copied batman is fun as heck responsive feels very good, the exploration is fun, gfx certainly are good and fps is solid other than some drops after tabbing too much or just time played.

Meanwhile i am half tempted to start over since i have been gang killed by captains more times and i can count. Leading them to get some pretty high levels and my guy has not even earned the power to get out of the noobie ranger tier and has hardly any good runes to upgrade with while all the captains are like level 8 but 2 or 3 bottom tire lvl 5 ones.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Stalker, Borderlands, Skyrim, Just Cause 2, countless RPG's, MMO's, and soon GTAV.

A lot of games do tend to jump on the AC bandwagon. I have no idea why the AC games just bore the life out of me. I play them for a few hours and get so tired and bored. Shadows Of Mordor though seems much better to me, its more to the point. Its you slaying the orc army. Yes it does use elements from AC and Batman games but that does not mean it is not a good game. This to me is far better and more enjoyable than any AC game.

14. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    I think AC and the batman games were better but this game is still great!

15. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Here I was thinking the game ran great with Ultra textures and I didn't even download the "HD Content" on the store page. DERP! Now I'll see if my 4GB 670GTX can handle the textures.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Personal opinion, I just didn't connect with the AC games.

I completely agree though that the Batman series is defo the better game. I loved Asylum and Origins but really didn't see what people found so great about City. It just felt a little boring to me. Origins was a beast though even though I completed the main story and half the side missions in 4 hours.

17. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Super
    I can't get anything to work for this game, not Sweet FX, nor Radeon Pro does anything for me.....

and even though I only have 4gb of Vram, strangely enough the game AND MSI afterburner are reading that I have 8gb of Vram, and when I'm in game, High Textures are using almost 6gb of Vram and Ultra textures are using close to 8gb of Vram.... I'm so confused at the wrong readings, and also the crazy high Vram usage, I thought High was only supposed to use around 3gb, it's using almost double that when I'm playing

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i didnt know there is such thing. WoW. thank u man!!!:nerd:

19. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    OK I get it now! The ULTRA textures are the 4K textures, which will barely look better on a 1080p screen. I remember trying out 4K textures in Skyrim and barely seeing the difference between 2K textures and 4K textures. Some say that the higher the resolution, the more difference 4K textures will bring to the table. Phew! I can now relax and just buy the game & play it without worrying that I am missing out on some breath-taking improvement from the HD Texture pack.

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Monitor resolution has nothing to do with texture resolution.If the textures are crap, they'll look crap even on 8K monitor..But if the textures look good at 1080P, they'll look even better on 4K monitor.