Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    There is more available. Also it runs silky smooth. So the whole 6gb thing was bs. That's all I'm saying.

2. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I don't know what's happening, when i start a new game all i get is this ugly low res texture of the ground:

http://i.imgur.com/3xCHsqR.jpg

I've waited and also changed settings from Ultra to Lowest, Changed resolutions, closed MSI Afterburner, and nothing helps, only thing that changes is the texture res based on the settings i have lol

Benchmark works fine.

:puke2:

Edit: For the record, my steam account in case you're wondering it's pirated lol: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobbieHighwind/

Edit 2: I did Steam Verify Integrity and it's working fine now.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    they r elves. dark elves :D

i have issues with not visuals but gameplay elements. camera issues mostly. hating it. and some gamepad and keyboard scheme problems. all of a sudden mouse and keyboard cons appears on screen while i use gamepad. and some buttons wont work correctly game is not smooth assAssin creed combat.

4. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I'd like to report my benchmark as well:

Ave. FPS: 98.86
    Max. FPS: 536.26
    Min. FPS: 1.42

At 2K res i can do pretty much 60fps of average, it dips down to 45 in some instances.

This is with Ultra.

5. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    How do we know we are using the HD textures ?

I installed it, i switch to the "ultra profile" in options...
    but i get 105 fps average at 1080p on my 780ti...
    Shouldn't have so high frames with ultra textures, right ?
    My 780ti memory is always at 3050MB in use.

6. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Obviously they have "forgotten" to install the texture pack, and just set it to ultra, to "prove" their BS.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    pressing A and holding it and run is so awkward. stupid dev. kame it to triggers. if i use A to run i cant rotate camera. stupid stupid stupid stupid dev. if it was hold RIGHT TRIGGER and RUN , i would use my other fingers not right stick finger. STUPID fools. so awkward configuration of controls.

or i miss something.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Obviously, daaaah, we all forgot to install HD textures. As promised, here's me proving you wrong, yet again. Patiently awaiting your next move.

[​IMG]

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    G2A has reduced the price of this game to 26,49€ (if you can do without G2A Shield). This may be the time to buy.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it can go up and down, played some more just now, wen't up to 3.8gb. Still, it's obvious it'll use as much as it can, so it'll use less on say 3gb 780ti. 780ti users are reporting silky smooth experience so obviously, the 6gb vram requirement is BS.

EDIT: That is with the HD pack installed, of course, used the steam install command in IE to force the download. See bellow
    [​IMG]

11. Huigie

Huigie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    How about shooting an arrow while you just want to block a hit... :bang:

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Right, I set the game to 200% resolution (7680x4800) and it naturally ran at 1.2 fps making it awkward to quit the game nevermind reset the resolution! Set it down to a more 'reasonable' 100% (3840x1200) and re-ran the benchmark...got an average of 29.7 fps and even at that resolution aliasing was still very much apparent. I settled on 67% (250x1600) resolution and the benchmark gave me 55 fps.

However, I had set the textures to Ultra and they had finished downloading/installing when I started playing the game. Disappointingly, the game was mostly running at 30 FPS and only holding 60 FPS during cutscenes, all of which are pre-rendered!!! Why are the cutscenes even pre-rendered anyway...I am wearing the Dark Ranger outfit so everytime a cutscene kicks in my CPU usage drops to 20% and the FPS goes to 60 fps which higher quality visuals than the game (the FMV uses AA for starters!!!). It is very jarring. The cutscenes should have been real-time, they seem to use the exact same assets!!!

More views later...

13. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Got my key late last night. Got to play for about 15-20 minutes and loved every second of it. I can run it maxed out and with constant 60 fps. Vram usage is around 3.9 gigs, it got to 4080 at a point, but not stutter or lag, silky smooth.

I love the dark ranger skin!

14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    i get with all maxed out besides texture on high, 93 average on average in the benchmark. only in the beginning but game runs very well, hope it will continue , as i look for more fps due to 120hz.

15. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    my benchmark results everything on ultra, except for textures that are on high on my 2gb gtx670 and pentium ae @ 4,7ghz
    Ave. FPS: 54.73
    Max. FPS: 498.37
    Min. FPS: 29.15
    and there i was worried that my cheapo placeholder pentium wont be enough for this game:infinity::infinity:

16. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Game works fluid on ULTRA global settings + high textures on my 2GB card, 60fps most of the time, no stuttering and no need for switching to medium textures on my card:). So games like shadow of mordor, ghosts, dying light works fine on my 2GB, it looks like my PC can use missing memory from other resurces (SDD or system ram ?), for now only D_W isnt completely smooth (but because I dont like that game at all, it's not a big problem for me).

And yes, game istef is fine..., all you need to do is kill the orcs:infinity:, and when you wonder what to do, you can always kill more orcs:infinity:

17. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Well I've played the game for a few hours now & on average its using 5.8gb of vram & upto around 6.1gb so all the BS about not using 6gb is just wrong I've proven it does with screens. Fair enough at a higher res but it still uses 6gb.

18. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    I belive you, your screenshot looks legit. But it also looks like 4GB users also enjoy smooth gameplay with HDtexturepack, that's the most important thing

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, the way the game is designed, it will use as much vram as you have as its just caching extra textures and storing more than whats really needed, hence the reason people with 2.5gb to 4gb are doing fine.

Thank the new consoles.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The combat seems really, really good in this game and I can see why it is being compared with the Batman Arkham games. The music and voice-acting are also superb and definitely has an authentic Lord of the Rings/Hobbit vibe to them.

The only real disappointments so far are the FMV cutscenes and the lack of any kind of AA as mentioned earlier. The lack of AA destroys the image quality IMO and it's really jarring to see beautiful rendered 1080p FMV with smooth edged characters and environments that then cut to the sharper and jagged in-game stuff.

I should get the PS4 version later on today so it'll be interesting to see how that compares with the PC version. Does the PS4 version use FXAA or some post-process AA method?

I think I can either play the PC version at 67% (2560x1600) resolution with High texture quality or at 100% (1920x1200) with Ultra texture quality. Using 67% and Ultra quality textures results in a sluggish framerate of 30 fps and occasional rare stutters (nowhere near as bad as Watch_Dogs though) with VRAM usage hitting 4,016 MB according to Afterburner.